BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

24 answers to this question

If you know me well,

I rarely misspell,

But here is one, which I will tell,

Hell’s to pay, if on me you fell.

word(or, word processor). A sword falling on a rival, does give him "hell". But, this does not seem to fit in with the other lines.

word(or, word processor). A sword falling on a rival, does give him "hell". But, this does not seem to fit in with the other lines.

You are right, this doesn't fit in with the other lines. Think about the first three lines, know what they mean, and then read the last line (and the title, but that part's extra tricky).

No right answers so far.

If you know me well,

I rarely misspell,

Is it "ace"?

The word "ace" literally means "one" (or, "expert"), which blends perfectly with the third line.

Also, the title would be grammatically precise if not for the occurance of "s" in "knows", and "ace" is phoenitically similar to the letter "s".

Edited by K Sengupta

You are right, this doesn't fit in with the other lines. Think about the first three lines, know what they mean, and then read the last line (and the title, but that part's extra tricky).

No right answers so far.

Until line 3: a spelling bee

3-4: a bee with it's swarm

The title's trick - you'll get a prick

If in a rose, a bee you "nose"

Until line 3: a spelling bee

3-4: a bee with it's swarm

The title's trick - you'll get a prick

If in a rose, a bee you "nose"

Oh, you have such a great point, there. That point of view seems so right. And yet it's nothing like the way to find the answer to my riddle. I just realized. I must point something out:

The first three lines are, ME, the riddler talking. And, the last line, is the answer talking (I suppose I should have specified. I always have a problem doing that sometimes.

"sleeve"?

The first three lines is the author talking, who is an "expert" riddler. This together with the explanation in my previous post seems to reinforce the belief that the identity of the person in the first three lines is "ace".

If so, having regard to the term "an ace on the sleeve", the "answer" that is talking in the final line may be "sleeve".

If you know me well,

I rarely misspell,

Edited by K Sengupta

"sleeve"?

The first three lines is the author talking, who is an "expert" riddler. This together with the explanation in my previous post seems to reinforce the belief that the identity of the person in the first three lines is "ace".

If so, having regard to the term "an ace on the sleeve", the "answer" that is talking in the final line may be "sleeve".

No, not at all. And I forgot to tell you, that your whole ACE idea is not in the picture, either. : )

ATTENTION!!!!! A REWRITE. I've rewritten the riddle to make the answer fit better. Good riddle's are better written sober.

If you know me well,

I rarely misspell,

Hell’s today, then sand will dwell.

ATTENTION!!!!! A REWRITE. I've rewritten the riddle to make the answer fit better. Good riddle's are better written sober.

If you know me well,

I rarely misspell,

snow?

If you know me well,

I rarely misspell,

lady - beach ?

fraid am still thinking the same way as my previous answers but cant seem to change gears...urghh

fraid am still thinking the same way as my previous answers but cant seem to change gears...urghh

lady - beach ?

Just noticed my above guess has been editted. Didnt really say lady, fwiw. Sorry to all, would have masked that original response but didnt think it offensive. Know better now and for next time.

Edited by plainglazed