Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mluong21

mluong21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:24 AM

Two logicians are on holiday in the Alps when a mad scientist captures them. The mad scientist knocks them unconscious and then tattoos their forheads. When they awake, the mad scientist says with a sneer:

" At least one of your has a tattoo on your forehead. Maybe both of you do...I'm not telling. I will allow you to go free if you have a tattoo on your forehead. All you have to do is walk out that door.

However, if your walk out that door and you do not have a tattoo on your forehead, I will put you to to death. I will leave you in this room, and if you communicate with one another in any way, you will be put to death.

Every day at noon, I will have the door unlocked briefly. You can choose to leave then and only then if you think you have a tattoo on your forehead."

1. Does any one escape? and

2. How long does it take?

3. What is a Logician?

#2 mluong21

mluong21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:07 AM

btw i have no solution because i doont know it. I am curious and my brain hurts

#3 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6054 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:20 AM

Spoiler for I believe this works.

A leader's credentials do not hang on his wall. They are written by the lives of those he has led.

#4 niner

niner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:42 PM

I think they both would leave the first day (assuming they both have tattoos) because one thing I know about tattoos is that they hurt for at least a week, and might even scab over if they don't take care of it. Therefore, they would feel pain on their foreheads, and/or feel a scab :D

#5 mluong21

mluong21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:35 PM

wow you really are a puzzlemaster lol. thanks

#6 Ploper

Ploper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:56 PM

especially on a place like the forehead,
because it's just skin, then bone, without much in between
so it's much more painful to get a tatoo on places like the forehead, knee, ribs, stuff like that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users