Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 CaptainEd

CaptainEd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1094 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:20 PM

Spoiler for for final

Good work, CaptainEd. I didn't actually expect you to actually implement the method, so your solution makes it all the more impressive. Well done.

Thank you, I certainly couldn't figure out the right answer without getting the math right (after all, my choice changed from post 18 to post 19). A couple of the others picked C, though. But I'm not that clear thinking.

Edited by CaptainEd, 05 June 2009 - 05:21 PM.

#22 final

final

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:58 PM

yah i think i was doing what captain ed was doing i just got confused and frustrated half way through

I was working bottom to top i just had already done the probability of the first kill because if i understand this right you need that at the end and that part was easy

good work captain ed

p.s. im starting to hate this board Im used to being the smartest math person in the room.

Edited by final, 05 June 2009 - 10:59 PM.

#23 bushindo

bushindo

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:29 PM

p.s. im starting to hate this board Im used to being the smartest math person in the room.

I feel the same way you do :D

#24 CaptainEd

CaptainEd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1094 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:35 PM

I feel the same way you do :D

I lost that status over 40 years ago. But my wife loves me...

#25 gkibarricade

gkibarricade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:50 PM

jeez guys i understand the math but taking a good shot at dying in the first round seems a bit much. the chances at getting shot being E decrease slowly over time. while the chance of getting shot being A decrease rapidly over time.

no math but C seems the best choice becouse whether it be a blood bath (lucky shots) or a dust up (unlucky shots). C never gets shot at by any one good. with a 13% chance of dying in the first round C is in line to kill the biggest and be left with the smallest.

#26 bushindo

bushindo

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:32 AM

I lost that status over 40 years ago. But my wife loves me...

You didn't happen to meet your wife 40 years ago, did you?

#27 gkibarricade

gkibarricade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:11 AM

ok i am challenging captian ed accepted answer on this one. i have only taken up to calculus III so i may be missing a few linear algebra lessens but here it goes

THE MATH

Spoiler for Answer

Edited by gkibarricade, 06 June 2009 - 03:19 AM.

#28 final

final

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:12 AM

I have heard to get married you need to shut down alot of brain cells

and gk he changed his answer in his most recent post the answer he found was c

Edited by final, 06 June 2009 - 03:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users