Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Riddle

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#81 Noct

Noct

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 03:57 AM

A black hole. As you take away mass, there's less gravity so it will expand and get bigger.

#82 Faizaan

Faizaan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:24 AM

I think it is life.

Here is why:

From our birth we begin to move towards death. This movement towards death is time taken away from our life. The more time we live the longer our life gets but the further from life we move.

nice. good thinking ;) however heres my answer...
Spoiler for Answer

#83 Faizaan

Faizaan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:26 AM

A black hole. As you take away mass, there's less gravity so it will expand and get bigger.

nice thinking. :blink: though if you think about it for a second or so... a black HOLE. :D its can be considered a hole... although i like ur way of thinking ;)

#84 Noct

Noct

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:18 AM

nice thinking. :blink: though if you think about it for a second or so... a black HOLE. :D its can be considered a hole... although i like ur way of thinking ;)

A black hole. Not a hole. The two are quite different, even though it has the word "hole" in it.

#85 Faizaan

Faizaan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:27 AM

I think it is life.

Here is why:

From our birth we begin to move towards death. This movement towards death is time taken away from our life. The more time we live the longer our life gets but the further from life we move.

good point ;)

#86 Faizaan

Faizaan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:29 AM

A black hole. Not a hole. The two are quite different, even though it has the word "hole" in it.

true. :huh: now that i think about it doesn't really make sense the way i said it. thanks for the correction though. :blush:

#87 ledger

ledger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:11 PM

it is not a hole because you're not taking away soil you would be taking away the hole

I think the answer is nothing because if you take something away from nothing it becomes something and if nothing becomes something then it is more than it was originally

#88 AAAsn888s

AAAsn888s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:04 PM

For those claiming it is not a hole.. What if the OP were reversed? What gets smaller as you add to it? Then does a hole work then as the answer? And for those that claim it is a negative number - which is a larger number, -10 or -11? I would say as you "take away" from a negative number you do not get a larger number (or for that matter a larger negative number - in that -10 is a larger number than -11 and both are negative numbers.)

#89 xucam

xucam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:11 PM

a hole

#90 xucam

xucam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:13 PM

You can't take away mass from a black hole.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users