Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Rainbow

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bookworm_24_7

bookworm_24_7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 03:58 AM

I am made of water and colors many,
but where can you find the end of me?
spoiler=]Nowhere. "I" is a rainbow, and although leprechauns have tried, there is no end to a rainbow. It is a complete circle of light, but half is covered by the earth. Circles have neither a beginning nor and end, so we only see part of the rainbow. [/spoiler]

#2 carlosn27

carlosn27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 07:51 AM

ya missed a bracket there at the begining of your spoiler.
and if anyone has see a rainbow from high up in an airplane, you'd see that they are truly a circle. it is very cool to see it from up high.
a way to see a small one is to use the mist setting on your hose sprayer and spray it high, away from the sun, and then you'll see a full circle.

#3 roolstar

roolstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 02:14 PM

Nice riddle...

However, for future posts, it's always better to name it something other than the answer... It helps keep the suspense going...

PS: You are probably smater than me so no disrespect here my friend

#4 roolstar

roolstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 02:17 PM

If we define the end of the rainbow as the place where "I" see it touch the earth surface from where "I'm" standing, I can probably locate that place very acurately.

But when I try to go there to touch it, "I" will not find it at the same place because the refracted light can only be seen from a certain distance of my eyes.

But my friends back where I was initially would swear that I was inside its base!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users