Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum
|Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.
Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.
If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.
Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
random brain teasers
Posted 21 December 2007 - 08:04 PM
1. A man called John staggers out of a bar and says, “Boy, I’ve had way too many! I’m seeing pink fluffy dinosaurs!” Johns friend laughs and asks “How many drinks DID you have?” John replies I drank a total of 148 ounces. How many of the 22 drinks were 8-ounces and how many were 6-ounces
2. Fill in the blank: Tom’s father has three sons: Larry, Moe, and ________.
3. A man arranges to get $100 and a rare album of polka music for his work at at an office for the first year. After 7 months he leaves the company, and receives the album and $20 for his work. How much is the album worth
4. If the only sister of your mother's only brother has an only child, what would be your relationship to that child?
5. A train goes a mile in 3 minutes with the wind and goes back in 4 minutes going against the wind. Assume that the train’s engine gives the same push to the wheels and the wind is the only reason the train slows down or speeds up (No hills or anything like that. The train goes at a constant speed). The next day, the train does the same mile, but there’s no wind at all. How long does it take?
6. A man is driving down the one-lane street and slams on the brakes when she sees a crazy hobo mooning the city. Unfortunately, there’s a chain reaction as the 9 cars behind slam into her in a single line of angry dented cars. How many bumpers were hit?
Please show reasoning
Posted 21 December 2007 - 08:41 PM
- Bertrand Russell
Posted 21 December 2007 - 08:59 PM
14 x 6-ounces = 84 ounces
8 x 8-ounces = 64 ounces
14 + 8 = 22 drinks
84 + 64 = 148 ounces
Tom. One of the sons of "Tom's father" is obviously Tom.
The remaining 5 months would have give him $80 more so..
1 month = $80 / 5 = $16
7 months = $16 x 7 = $112
Album worth = $112 - $20 = $92
That child would be myself. My mother has a brother and she's his only sister.
Assuming the wind is strong enough to really speed up and slow down the train, it would always take 7 minutes regardless of the wind because the time you earn with the wind, you lose it against the wind.
First, I guess you mean "A woman" because you're using "she" and "her" later.
The 9 cars behind her each hit one bumper so that makes 9 bumpers hit. But if you include bumpers that hit those bumpers, you have a total of 18 bumpers. So there are 10 cars in this accident with all bumpers hit except for the first front and the last rear bumpers.
Posted 21 December 2007 - 09:18 PM
- Bertrand Russell
Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:48 PM
Edited by Duh Puck, 24 January 2008 - 12:50 PM.
Posted 01 February 2008 - 09:19 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users