Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The end of all means

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#131 palmerc7

palmerc7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:49 PM

Best One yet Dancer....

Now start doing the hard ones early in the morning and go the other way

#132 dancer

dancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:50 PM

But PalmerC said an apology in the same reply that said Sorry....ok, whatevs, i'm just glad to have the answer.

Yes but he needed to say which is the answer

I give this one to him though, hat off, well done

PALMEEEERC'777777777777777777777777

#133 dancer

dancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:52 PM

Best One yet Dancer....

Now start doing the hard ones early in the morning and go the other way

Ha ha, you are so right. But really well done! Amazing, you solved all three of my riddles today

But not :angry: tomorrow

#134 lotus

lotus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2997 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:57 PM

But PalmerC said an apology in the same reply that said Sorry....ok, whatevs, i'm just glad to have the answer.

yeah
Spoiler for i prefer

#135 FloriGator

FloriGator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:00 PM

Dancer, that was a doosy! I really enjoyed working on that one, but for a "Newbie" like me that was tough. It really did give me a headache but for some reason, I just couldn't walk away until it was solved! Thanks for the great riddle!!!! :thanks: :thumbsup: :D

#136 palmerc7

palmerc7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:00 PM

yeah

Spoiler for i prefer

What she was getting at is the exact opposite though, and described in you explanation here.

You could use both anywhere, but you would never say "I apologize" at a funeral, unless you killed the guy. You would only say "I'm sorry" for empathy.

The funeral clue specified that the answer is "I apologize" not "I'm sorry" because only one is appropriate at a funeral.

#137 dancer

dancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:04 PM

Dancer, that was a doosy! I really enjoyed working on that one, but for a "Newbie" like me that was tough. It really did give me a headache but for some reason, I just couldn't walk away until it was solved! Thanks for the great riddle!!!! :thanks: :thumbsup: :D

You all are awesome, and you had such great ideas for answers - now you can see there were such close moments.

Anyway thanks so much for liking the riddle and saying it - you are the first people to work on them as I drew them up one by one during the day.

We do this again tomorrow.

#138 lotus

lotus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2997 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:07 PM

What she was getting at is the exact opposite though, and described in you explanation here.

You could use both anywhere, but you would never say "I apologize" at a funeral, unless you killed the guy. You would only say "I'm sorry" for empathy.

The funeral clue specified that the answer is "I apologize" not "I'm sorry" because only one is appropriate at a funeral.

I suppose you're right. It still took explaining though, and I'll confess I was a little
Spoiler for ...

#139 dancer

dancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:11 PM

yeah

Spoiler for i prefer

lotus trust me, take a look at it again

in this riddle no one was sick, hurt etc

you needed to get to I'm sorry or to I apologize, I don't care which as both work for the word of my riddle with its set of rules (as opposed to the real world with its set of rules)

but then choose one that cannot be used at a funeral

"thank you" does not work

at all

i hope you try another one i create soon

good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users