Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Writersblock's Book Club

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 Ezkaty

Ezkaty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:35 AM

id like to join, i read almost all day everyday, ask anybody. ;)

#22 lulu1221

lulu1221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:44 AM

I thought I was too late. I love to read so count me in ;)

#23 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:35 PM

Writersblock, If you want, I can assume your duties until your ready to take the wheel again. First we have to all agree on a book. By posting your preference, you will be officially part of the first round of books. I would say that posts should be in no later than next Friday (one week). The book we read will be the one with the most votes. If your desired book doesn't win, just give it a go next time and participate in this one anyway. When responding with your choice also give a suggestion as to how long it will take you to read the book and then we'll do like an average or something.

Proposed books: This is your brain on music, The Man in the High Castle, Goedel, Esher, Bach

To get things going: my pick is The Man in the High Castle - only because that was next on my list anyway.
And I propose that after we decide in 1 week. We get 1 week to obtain the book and 2 weeks to read it. So, 3 weeks.

Let me know what you all think.

#24 Frazzler

Frazzler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:49 PM

I would like to take part :)
I'm saying The man in the high castle....
If I can take part of course :)

#25 peace*out

peace*out

Adult Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4891 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:12 PM

TO start this up again because i want to read some new books...

I have recently been reading Gardians of Ga-Hoole books (just finished #10 in 3 days...), and the Warriors books.

They relate a LOT. They're both about animals, that think on their own, and how they all fit together. The Warriors books were the ones i read first (shown to me by my sister), and are about cats. These cats live together, and work together, but there are more than one group of cats, or clans as they say. This makes for unhappiness and war. Warriors books are series. There are 2 different groups and times so far in this collection. The first i dont think has any special name. The second is called the power of 3.

The Gardians of Ga'hoole books are about owls, and the great Ga'Hoole tree. These owls are good and bad. The good ones are the Ga'Hoole owls, and the bad call themselves the pure ones. These were also shown to me by my sister. The Ga'Hoole books go in order, not in different happenings, and different times like Warriors.

Thats all for now!

#26 Kathleen

Kathleen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2557 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:12 AM

TO start this up again because i want to read some new books...

I have recently been reading Gardians of Ga-Hoole books (just finished #10 in 3 days...), and the Warriors books.

They relate a LOT. They're both about animals, that think on their own, and how they all fit together. The Warriors books were the ones i read first (shown to me by my sister), and are about cats. These cats live together, and work together, but there are more than one group of cats, or clans as they say. This makes for unhappiness and war. Warriors books are series. There are 2 different groups and times so far in this collection. The first i dont think has any special name. The second is called the power of 3.

The Gardians of Ga'hoole books are about owls, and the great Ga'Hoole tree. These owls are good and bad. The good ones are the Ga'Hoole owls, and the bad call themselves the pure ones. These were also shown to me by my sister. The Ga'Hoole books go in order, not in different happenings, and different times like Warriors.

Thats all for now!

This looks like an awesome topic...sucks that it died o.O Like a year ago...oh my gosh Peace, you read the same books as me XD Although, you started very late in the series for Warriors...that's like the first of the third set. Start with Into the Wild. Guardians rock! My name for Woon's Warrior Battle was Corynhoole...not sure if you've read that far XD Anyway, I'd love to do a book club, if anyone wants to join this revived topic...:)

<(^-^)>

#27 Riddle Master Zack

Riddle Master Zack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:00 AM

This looks like an awesome topic...sucks that it died o.O Like a year ago...oh my gosh Peace, you read the same books as me XD Although, you started very late in the series for Warriors...that's like the first of the third set. Start with Into the Wild. Guardians rock! My name for Woon's Warrior Battle was Corynhoole...not sure if you've read that far XD Anyway, I'd love to do a book club, if anyone wants to join this revived topic...:)

<(^-^)>

O.0 You read the same books as me (maybe because we're still young)
I suggest Eragon, Artimis Fowl, and maybe.. The Ranger's Apprentice?

#28 Kathleen

Kathleen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2557 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:07 AM

O.0 You read the same books as me (maybe because we're still young)
I suggest Eragon, Artimis Fowl, and maybe.. The Ranger's Apprentice?

Huh...I didn't like Eragon, Artimis Fowl, or Inkheart, to the shock of all my booky friends DX The Ranger's Apprentice...I think I've heard of it...I'll have to get to the library soon. Right now...I'm reading The Crystal Cave but I don't know who it's by...I just know it's about Merlin...oh and A Women Worth Ten Coppers *but it's an adult book XD*

<(^-^)>

#29 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3054 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:08 AM

Hah, this topic gets revived like once a year. I'm totally in.*

Zack, could we not do Eragon? I tried reading it about two years ago, and had to put it down page 70ish. That's how bad it was.

*Well, depending on the books. I'd prefer something not too kiddy. I suggest anything by Dan Brown. Angels & Demons is my pick, 'cos that's the only one of his well-known books that I haven't read yet. The movie is coming out soon, so you're all going to have to read it anyway. :P

#30 Kathleen

Kathleen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2557 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:17 AM

Hah, this topic gets revived like once a year. I'm totally in.*

Zack, could we not do Eragon? I tried reading it about two years ago, and had to put it down page 70ish. That's how bad it was.

*Well, depending on the books. I'd prefer something not too kiddy. I suggest anything by Dan Brown. Angels & Demons is my pick, 'cos that's the only one of his well-known books that I haven't read yet. The movie is coming out soon, so you're all going to have to read it anyway. :P

Oh, I agree, a lot of these books I've read years ago *except I still read Warriors because it's so cute and awesome XD* So who's in? Any adults? XD *apparently not*

<(^-^)>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users