Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Nizgords, Sproings, Wopples, and Elemots

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 timforyou12

timforyou12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 05:46 PM

Assume that in a place with Nizgords, Sproings , Wopples, and Enauts, where none of them are a same classification of a group of people:
Sproings are either in a village to the east or north of a center point between the four villages.
Nizgords are either to the west or east, Wopples can be anywhere except west, and Enauts are either west or north.
Now assume that each village is at war with 1 other village, however, they cannot be at war with the country they are assisting.
Now assume that the villages assist a village that is in the opposite dirction from the center point than the country which they are at war with. (For example: x is at war with z to the west, so they can only help y to the east) Also assume that a country must assist 1 other country and a country cannot assist a country which is at war with the country assisting them.

I apologize in advance if this is unclear, as
I made this 1 up as I went, and I will post the answer in a few days if noone gets it.
Have fun!

#2 spoxjox

spoxjox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 08:16 PM

Recap:

Four villages arrayed at north, south, east, and west compass points. Let's call them North, East, South, and West.
Sproings live in East or North.
Nizgords live in West or East.
Wopples do not live in West.
Enauts live in West or North.

Each village is at war with exactly one other village, and each village assists only the village across from the enemy (that is, each village is at war with Village X and assisting the village across from Village X).
Spoiler for Solution

#3 timforyou12

timforyou12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 10:06 PM

I apologize for this post as I can clearly see as I re-read it that the information presented is insufficient to come to any definite comclusions.
I apologize for confusing you, or wasting your time! :blush:

#4 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5575 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:02 AM

I apologize for this post as I can clearly see as I re-read it that the information presented is insufficient to come to any definite comclusions.
I apologize for confusing you, or wasting your time! <!-- s:oops: --><!-- s:oops: -->

Hey, not to worry ...
You might want to add some conditions, or start fresh with a new puzzle.

As for wasting anyone's time ... that just might be why many of us drop by ...
No one's making a salary here. ;)
The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution.
- Bertrand Russell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users