BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Ye Olde Mafia

Well, to be honest, I can't solve codes for my life :( If everyone started communicating in Mafia like this, it would probably ruin it a lot for me. I'm just saying I don't like the idea of it, because it disadvantages people :/

<(^-^)>

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to butt in on the "code" argument everyone but I've been thinking about it a bit. I don't exactly know how it was formed between Imp and SG, that's irrelevant, but I do think it's unfair if 2 or more players decide upon a code before roles are announced and the game begins. The same could be said about bringing in a code you are using with a certain player in another game. In either of those cases, I believe, you have used unfair means to establish the code.

If the code is made through a role's messaging ability then that's fair enough. In another words, if I send someone a message using my ability and set-up a code then that's fine. The same goes for putting a coded message out there, with a code that hasn't been established with anyone else beforehand, for it to be solved. If you solve it you're in luck and I think that is fair.

Sure it may not be exactly in the spirit of the game to constantly post in code, but that just means it's up to you to crack it ;). Just my two cents. :)

------------

Thanks Prince Marth for the game, even though I only had time to choose a side. :P

I have to say that i don't dig the code of numbers. I am great on other codes though...or am I?

Anyways I agree with Joe and kat. it would ruin a lot for me. But maybe thats just me being annoyed at the

code..that I didnt get it....

But it was a fun game while it lasted!

Edited by crazypainter

I have to say that i don't dig the code of numbers. I am great on other codes though...or am I?

Anyways I agree with Joe and kat. it would ruin a lot for me. But maybe thats just me being annoyed at the

code..that I didnt get it....

But it was a fun game while it lasted!

Did anyone else even try to decipher it?

Did anyone else even try to decipher it?

Well I attempted...but nothing really worked :blink: I never thought to put it in a GRID *headesk* I would have never thought of that actually...

<(^-^)>

Then mafia no longer exists. We all speak in code. All the time. It's the nature of Mafia to try to tell things to the right people, but hide them from the wrong people. Whether we're talking about the blue sparrow that flies at dawn, or just using 11 13351415, we're attempting to be cryptic. Involving encryptions is just another step. And whatever your opinion, it wasn't BTS, so it can't be BTSC.

And what's disgusting is that I can do that from memory, now, Impervious. Curse you for making me type out small novels in code.

he he he I do my best...now i've got two codes i wont use anymore :-P

Nobody decided on a code beforehand, but I had a very good reason to guess that the code was being directed at me. After all, the thief stole my ability the night before the code came into play. The first bit had to address me in some way, since I was the most logical recipient, and it so happened that I had seen it before. Regardless, the Host let it happen. It's his game, his rules. etc.

Well I let it go this time...But I didn't like it either as I wasn't informed of it nor was I informed of the cypher so that kinda bugged me. Though I would prefer no codeed messages.