Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Caught in the Act

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rikabeau

rikabeau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:49 PM

A woman walked into a police station. "I want to report a pickpocket," she announced. A man staggered in behind her, his hand in her coat pocket. "Arrest that man!" she continued, pointing to him.
He was arrested, tried, and convicted of picking pockets. Why did he enter the police station in a posture that obviously suggested his crime?

:huh: -- if this is you, I'll post some clues.

Clues:
He really was a pickpocket.
He didn't want to be arrested.
He acted rationally.

#2 timforyou12

timforyou12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:34 PM

Yay! First To Post!!!!!
He was returning what he stole!!!!!!!!
YAY ME!!!!!
:P

#3 rikabeau

rikabeau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:39 PM

sorry, no. But good guess!

#4 Martini

Martini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:44 PM

Could it be:
Spoiler for solution

#5 rikabeau

rikabeau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 12:46 AM

Actually, close. I'll tell you later!

#6 PDR

PDR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 01:43 AM

She knew there was a notorious pickpocket operating in the area so she placed a needle inside one of her pockets with a slow acting poison.

Sure enough, the pickpocket struck. He put his hand in the booby trapped pocket and gave out a little shriek when his hand was pricked by the needle.

She turned on him, laughed a little laugh and told him that he would die a slow miserable death unless she gave him the antidote.

Proud of herself, and not thinking straight (for who would after just poisoning a notorious pickpocket?) the woman told him the antidote was in the other pocket. He was reaching for the antidote as they entered the police station.... :D

#7 rikabeau

rikabeau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:25 PM

Sorry, no. <!-- s:cry: --><!-- s:cry: -->
I'll tell you the answer.

Her husband was an inventor (Peter Cooper), and they'd heard about the pickpocket. He had sewn fish hooks into her pocket (she had to make sure she didn't stick her hand in there), and when she had "caught" the pickpocket, she said, "I'm going to the police station, and you're coming with me!" The man cooperated to prevent serious injury to his hand. This is a true story of the eighteenth century.

Martini was the closest one. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users