BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Matrix Thrill-ogy II

Urgent User-Interface Bulletin:

LIS/SD - what happens in a case of a tie?

The corrupted code of one player must be deleted from the Matrix each day.

In the event of a tie between two or more players, I will roll a die (RNG 1-6) for each player.

Lowest number is eliminated.

Edited by Social_Darwin

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, Zerep has a lower chance of being a baddie since she was the victim of Thompson, lowering her chances of being an agent

Still reading the thread, but it's just something that stood out and I thought should be cleared up..I'm a HE.

ST, you always manage to get voted for in every mafia I've played w/ you, I think it's just bad luck or some conspiracy against you.. :ph34r: No one would know anything about that, right?

1 - andromeda - voting for Reaymond

2 - Voltage

3 - Jarze - Voting for A.I.

4 - Prof. T

5 - IDoNotExist- Voting for Reaymond

6 - twin_bro - Voting for A.I.

7 - Star Tiger - voting for AI

8 - Crazy Painter

9 - Renan - voting for Star Tiger

10 - Riranor

11 - Randro

12 - Grey Cells - voting for Star Tiger

13 - Impervious - voting for A.I.

14 - A.I. - voting for Star Tiger

15 - R.M.Z

16 - Reaymanator - voting for Star Tiger

17 - SG - voting for Riranor

18 - Izzy - voting for BrandonB

19 - Zerep - voting for Reaymond because I can (and I have no clue who to vote for)

20 - CyberSpace17

21 - itachi - voting for Voltage

22 - Brandonb - voting for Izzy :P

Reaymond seemed too eager to try to push a vote onto ST, making up some far-fetched scenarios IMO. I'm glad other poeple have noticed it also.

2 - Voltage

4 - Prof. T - voting for Reaymond

8 - Crazy Painter

10 - Riranor

11 - Randro

15 - R.M.Z

19 - Zerep - voting for Reaymond because I can (and I have no clue who to vote for)

20 - CyberSpace17

22 - Brandonb - voting for Izzy :P

In my experience, ties aren't always that great.

2 - Voltage

8 - Crazy Painter

10 - Riranor

11 - Randro

14 - A.I. - voting for Reaymond

15 - R.M.Z

20 - CyberSpace17

22 - Brandonb - voting for Izzy

Ok, ok, is this your idea of a joke? <_< I do nothing, I am greatly voted for Day 1. I appear in the N1 post, I am greatly voted for D1. Is it the "star" or the "tiger" that attracts people to vote for me? And it's always D1! Every game, apart from Mt. O, since the last couple months *bangs head repeatedly against the desk*

Great post by the way, SD! I'm so happy that there's a road somewhere named after me :P

Yes, yes I do. Will discuss in more depth later on. Anyhow, I'm honored to be thought of first when lynching ;)

Entertainment? :mellow: I was having more than one sleepless night over that issue :P

Look at IDNE's edit later on:

What are the chances that the agents would 1) waste a kill on me when they could be wiping out others and lowering the ratio between everyone else and them (especially since no one has a clue about each other and probably wouldn't be able to save/block effectively) AND 2) that they happen to know who Morpheus was, and if they didn't, would gamble the chance that Person A is Morpheus in the price of my, a "fellow agent's", death?

Once again, look above.

1) No actions can be taken on oneself (I think SD already reminded you guys of that)

2) Again, how does Thompson know Morpheus' ID?

3) As you said yourself, highly unlikely.

Actually the chances are lower...agents wouldn't create a bandwagon against each other, same as the Rogues. Also, Zerep has a lower chance of being a baddie since she was the victim of Thompson, lowering her chances of being an agent (although it's possible...Thompson uses Merovingian on their own, since 1) the chances of Merovingian actually getting the RID right is slim AND 2) it clears one of them) Still though, rather slim chance.

Usually, since all the goodies tend to know very little of who is a goodie or baddie Night 1, they will choose someone at random with very little strategy involved and mostly second-guessing your opponents (which tends to not lead anywhere :P ).

I will very likely change my vote before the end of the day, it's just that he hasn't responded to the votes against him yet :P

I think the lady doth protest too much.

1 - andromeda - voting for Zerep

2 - Voltage

3 - Jarze

4 - Prof. T

5 - IDoNotExist- voting for A.I.

6 - twin_bro

8 - Crazy Painter voting for- Star Tiger

10 - Riranor

11 - Randro

15 - R.M.Z

18 - Izzy

19 - Zerep

20 - CyberSpace17

21 - itachi

22 - Brandonb

I have not seen anything to sway my vote so I'll put a random...

2 - Voltage - voting for twin_bro

8 - Crazy Painter - voting for Star Tiger

10 - Riranor

11 - Randro

15 - R.M.Z

20 - CyberSpace17

Ok, it is looking a little too close for comfort on A.I. without having ANY evidence against him. I am picking Reaymond because a few of the things he said in his previous posts dont seem like something an experienced player would say.

Such as suggesting that the baddies were able to receive information from their spying ability during the night and then make their decision. Never seen it happen before and it is suspicious to me that you would suggest it now.

IDNE I have to say that this post isn't one that proves or helps you look like a goodie, you're far too experienced to base your vote on something like that... I don't know why, but my gut tells me that you are bad, so I'm changing my vote to you ATM. Although I have to say that Reaymond is not in my goodie list either...

3 - Jarze - Voting for IDNE

10 - Riranor

11 - Randro

15 - R.M.Z

20 - CyberSpace17

Edited by JarZe

10 - Riranor

11 - Randro

13 - Impervious - voting for Star Tiger

15 - R.M.Z

20 - CyberSpace17

Hey y'all, landed in Dallas finally. back in action....sorta :P

Anyway my thoughts thus far coming from what I saw in Supernatural. Those who played saw how well SD and IDNE played against each other while simultaneously being on the same team. I wouldn't put it past Star, IDNE or reaymond to do the same. As a result, Im going to balance out the vote again so that both are put on the proverbial chopping block and as my vote for AI was both to see hat he would say and a joke.

about recieving Spy info before the end of the night (and this is the only proposition I put out there PT :)). Could someone please confirm that this was what Brandon was annoyed about in SWM2. The manipulation did not recieve the info about his target like he should before the night ended, so that was the only reason I put it out there (thanks ST). Sorry, but if only to save myself Im going to have to stick with you, but I would like to switch to twin bro. He refused to post anything other than his vote so it seems like an experienced baddie is telling him what to do, but he cant make the reasons up himself so just did it.

I will tell you guys this. I am a human, and its my job to stop the other humans from being idiots. ;)

ST, you always manage to get voted for in every mafia I've played w/ you, I think it's just bad luck or some conspiracy against you.. :ph34r: No one would know anything about that, right?

:lol: , you have no clue how honored I am :rolleyes: And I really dunno why... <_<

I think the lady doth protest too much.

*bangs head against desk* Ok, last game in Supernatural I, I was accused of not defending myself enough. Now I'm being accused for defending myself too much :blink:

I will like to remind you that I can't be an agent, lowering my chances of being a baddie altogether. The people who were voting for me haven't come on yet after numerous people, me included, cleared up the Agent Brown vs Morpheus situation. I was forced to say how it is very, very unlikely, probably impossible for the Agents to have manipulated Morpheus, meaning the agents wanted to kill me and that Morpheus (thanks Morphy wherever you are!) chose to save me on his own terms. Now, you are saying that it is strange that I would defend myself against accusations that don't make much sense. Finally, I'll like to come to Impy:

Anyway my thoughts thus far coming from what I saw in Supernatural. Those who played saw how well SD and IDNE played against each other while simultaneously being on the same team. I wouldn't put it past Star, IDNE or reaymond to do the same. As a result, Im going to balance out the vote again so that both are put on the proverbial chopping block and as my vote for AI was both to see hat he would say and a joke.

Oh yes, that is possible, but I doubt that they will use the same tactic twice in the same game. Also, considering all the different I-think-you-are-suspicious ties, they could all be secretly having BTSC :rolleyes: Finally, there's a very high chance that someone would suggest the same thing you are suggesting (especially since most of the people from that game are playing here), automatically revealing 3 people with BTSC. Once again, knowing IDNE, he'll probably won't risk it.

Sorry, but if only to save myself Im going to have to stick with you, but I would like to switch to twin bro. He refused to post anything other than his vote so it seems like an experienced baddie is telling him what to do, but he cant make the reasons up himself so just did it.

Well, in his defense, he usually doesn't say much. Of course, he could easily be a baddie, just saying.

7 - Star Tiger - voting for reaymond

10 - Riranor

11 - Randro

15 - R.M.Z

16 - Reaymanator - voting for twin_bro

19 - Zerep - voting for Reaymond

20 - CyberSpace17

Put in reay's vote also. I'm voting for reaymond because some of his posts do seem suspicious, and I don't have much on anyone else. I'll just like to hear from reay, although I know it's hard coming up with a defense on Day 1 (been stuck in this position numerous times <_< ).

GC and Renan, why are you still voting for me?

I will like to remind you that I can't be an agent, lowering my chances of being a baddie altogether. The people who were voting for me haven't come on yet after numerous people, me included, cleared up the Agent Brown vs Morpheus situation. I was forced to say how it is very, very unlikely, probably impossible for the Agents to have manipulated Morpheus, meaning the agents wanted to kill me and that Morpheus (thanks Morphy wherever you are!) chose to save me on his own terms. Now, you are saying that it is strange that I would defend myself against accusations that don't make much sense.

Could I just clarify that I do believe ST now and would like to switch my vote to TB, but for the purposes of saving myself I'm going to have to stick with you. Sorry :(

edit: ST's vote for me means it isnt a tie, and although I didnt want to vote for TB in the first place I will now ;) but seriously get the votes off me because if I am alive somewhere near the end, I can be extremely useful.

Edited by reaymond

GC and Renan, why are you still voting for me?

Because besides all this discussion about past games (that I didnt participate) and reading all the night post again, youre my best guess for a baddie.

Its a smart move to attack your own faction to have one of them to be a "confirmed goodie".

Im not saing Im sure your an agent. But you are, for me, the person with most possibilities of being one. Thats why Ill keep my vote.

Because besides all this discussion about past games (that I didnt participate) and reading all the night post again, youre my best guess for a baddie.

Its a smart move to attack your own faction to have one of them to be a "confirmed goodie".

Im not saing Im sure your an agent. But you are, for me, the person with most possibilities of being one. Thats why Ill keep my vote.

Ah, now you're saying that for some reason, they happened to know that Morpheus will save me? Or maybe you mean that the agents will choose one of their own just to clear somebody? I'm not saying it's not a possibility, but the chances are really, really slim.

Yeah, unless spy info is handed out the night ended, now way would ST agree to be killed by her own hoping that she would get a random save from someone else. Seems as everyone disregarded my idea about spy info being given before the night ends, we can be pretty safe to say that ST is not an agent... ;)

Well ST your defense sounds solid so far. Excepting the situation in which Johnson receives his Spy ID, i.e. before or after the night ends, your defense is sound.

Hosts: Are the spies given the ID's before the night is over?

The answer may settle the issue. Until then I will keep my vote for you. :P

And BTW if a player is firewalled, he/she cannot be found. That was the we played last game.

So far, I believe ST because her defense is pretty solid based on the "idea" that the spy info is received at the end of the night and not immediately after the PM has been sent. I think the hosts are the only ones that can make this clear for us, but so far ST has made my white list.

Oh and renan, it has become pretty common that baddies attack and save one of them to clear their name but remember that ST was saved by a human (Morpheus), thus meaning that they would have to know the identity of Morpheus before hand.

If both the above conditions are true then the agents were "extremely" lucky, because identifying Morpheus on a first guess with 22 players (minus the baddies of course) is pretty much luck. I think the night post+host answer about the result of the spying role might clear up ST's name.

On the other hand, Reaymond and IDNE have been basing their votes on very rare posts from ST some of them IMO don't even say anything suspicious, it seems like they're just jumping on a bandwagon (which is very bad-ish) to gain a goodie lynch based on the "very bad" reputation ST has... What got you that awful reputation ST??? You better work on that ;)

I will tell you guys this. I am a human, and its my job to stop the other humans from being idiots. ;)

Reay I know that saving yourself is a priority for you right now, but ST has a lot on her side if we base our votes on the night post. I'm not saying that she's good, because she could be indy. What I'm saying is that we better get some information out of somebody else... I'll be honest and say that you're not in by white list and I'm only a bit suspicious about you.

So after all this my vote stays for IDNE because.... ????? Because I just think he's bad!!

On the other hand, Reaymond and IDNE have been basing their votes on very rare posts from ST some of them IMO don't even say anything suspicious, it seems like they're just jumping on a bandwagon (which is very bad-ish) to gain a goodie lynch based on the "very bad" reputation ST has... What got you that awful reputation ST??? You better work on that ;)

Reay I know that saving yourself is a priority for you right now, but ST has a lot on her side if we base our votes on the night post. I'm not saying that she's good, because she could be indy. What I'm saying is that we better get some information out of somebody else... I'll be honest and say that you're not in by white list and I'm only a bit suspicious about you.

What do you mean my votes are based on posts with no suspicion? I have voted for TB because he refused to tell us why he voted ;)

Yeah obviously I do want to save myself, and as long as votes are on me Im going to have to carry on doing whats necessary. Seriously though, I do have something that can pretty much save myself if needs be, but I would rather not say as it will put me in a rather precarious position...

Hmm...am I misinterpreting reay's posts? In that case, can anyone vouch for him or go against him? Maybe too risky though, providing the baddies a kill for the following night? But I guess it's better to avoid lynching a goodie D1...maybe JarZe got a good instinct? Oh gosh, I've never asked this many questions in one post before :blush:

Hmm...am I misinterpreting reay's posts? In that case, can anyone vouch for him or go against him? Maybe too risky though, providing the baddies a kill for the following night? But I guess it's better to avoid lynching a goodie D1...maybe JarZe got a good instinct? Oh gosh, I've never asked this many questions in one post before :blush:

That depends what your intepreting from them ;). I doubt anyone can vouch for or against me, but I could help you guys make some important decisions in the future. Yes, too risky letting the baddies kill me tomorrow as it will be a huge dent for us. I dont know about JarZe, he seems to be quite open which is generally a good thing so im tempted to switch and vote with him, but ill stick with TB for now. I really want something out of him...

And...there we go :ph34r: Not a single person vouched for reay, and if I interpreted it correctly, nobody will. I'm starting to believe he's a goodie..still unsure though, the baddies could have planned this whole thing (grr...here comes the second-guessing stuff). I don't know about JarZe and IDNE though...JarZe has a tendency of being outgoing, and I know IDNE will respond...ok, IDNE it is (roster coming up momentarily).This does NOT mean that JarZe is cleared, in fact, he has as much chance of being a baddie as the next person :P

7 - Star Tiger - voting for IDNE

10 - Riranor

11 - Randro

15 - R.M.Z

16 - Reaymanator - voting for twin_bro

20 - CyberSpace17

Hope you're on soon, IDNE...I might as well make a weak attempt at info, although I repeat, no one has made my white list yet (a lot of people are on the grey one though :P )

7 - Star Tiger - voting for IDNE

10 - Riranor

11 - Randro

15 - R.M.Z

16 - Reaymanator - voting for IDNE

20 - CyberSpace17

If it starts to save my a** then...

Yeah, unless spy info is handed out the night ended, now way would ST agree to be killed by her own hoping that she would get a random save from someone else. Seems as everyone disregarded my idea about spy info being given before the night ends, we can be pretty safe to say that ST is not an agent... ;)

Spy can be blocked / diverted - can not be done till the very end; after all Pms are in and the cycle ended.