Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#21 No1slight

No1slight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:41 PM

Naomi: :o After the lights went out i could have sworn i saw a hideous looking man standing outside the window when the lightening struck. When the lights came back on the ugly man was gone. :o

*it was a dark and stormy night...*

#22 No1slight

No1slight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:28 PM

Event: after Naomi's explanation, the rest of the group, except the detective who is intrigued by this new development, are a bit uneasy. a few minutes later they retire to the lounge leaving everything in place.

what next?

*suggestion: speak with the rest of the group, they may reveal something important*

#23 No1slight

No1slight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:45 AM

recap: There is a party at Thatcher Manor, a man staggered in and died after being bludgeoned from before, moments later the power went out, Naomi saw something and screamed, the power came back on and everyone returned to the lounge, each person affected differently by the excitement of the night.

Try talking to the guests and residence...

Spoiler for ...

#24 CuteSparklezGirl

CuteSparklezGirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:43 AM

So we know that one of the people at the party killed the man, right? I have to ask, was Thatcher at the home all day? Had the man ever been in the home before?

#25 theboyB0B

theboyB0B

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:01 PM

A few question

Spoiler for Question

Spoiler for Question to Naomi

sorry if these have already been asked and answered.

#26 jb_riddler

jb_riddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:25 PM

OK first, did you mean to say there were 6 guests? You listed 5 by name.

If everyone (5/6 guests plus 4 who live there) was in the foyer when the lights went out, then there must be at least one other unaccounted-for person.

Question to Jeeves: As the man came in (Jeeves let him in, and he "staggered") did you see/hear/smell anything odd? Did the man say or mumble or moan anything? Was the man coherent enough to have pressed the doorbell (or pulled the pull chain or whatever it was), or would somebody else have had to do it?

Question that Det. Spencer can answer: Is the house laid out in such a way that a single person could shut off the power at the fuse box and then be outside the window for Naomi to see in the time allotted?

Further, I'd have Det. Spencer check out the power lever and give as many details as he can discern from the residue on the handle (including, if applicable, smell).

#27 No1slight

No1slight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:58 PM

So we know that one of the people at the party killed the man, right? I have to ask, was Thatcher at the home all day? Had the man ever been in the home before?

Yes some1 @ the party killed the man, No Thatcher was not at home at all that day, and Yes the man has been in Thatcher Manor before and is quite familliar with it.

#28 No1slight

No1slight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:01 PM

A few question

Spoiler for Question

Spoiler for Question to Naomi

sorry if these have already been asked and answered.

Yes for the question

Naomi: :o "Well the person was wearing a mask and very baggy clothes so it was hard to tell if the...thing *shudder* was a man or woman and couldn't tell if that thing was someone I recognized." :o

#29 Inzuri

Inzuri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:20 PM

Yes for the question

Naomi: :o "Well the person was wearing a mask and very baggy clothes so it was hard to tell if the...thing *shudder* was a man or woman and couldn't tell if that thing was someone I recognized." :o

Ask each guest, privately, what exactly they saw when it happened.

#30 CuteSparklezGirl

CuteSparklezGirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:16 PM

Augustice "Gus" Maylor

I strongly suspect little Gussy here.
Maybe he want to pull the whole distration gag so he can steal an antique.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users