Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
353 replies to this topic

#41 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3054 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:50 AM

Uh-huh. So, basically all fairy tale creatures (may I call them that?) look the way they do in the films?

#42 Atlantis

Atlantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:53 AM

depends on the film...they look a lot like the part of the earth they protect...elves like leaves and small plants...faries like the wind and sky...nymphs like the water...gnomes like rocks and shrubs...sprites don't look like trees tho...

#43 CuteSparklezGirl

CuteSparklezGirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:54 AM

First of all on devas..... I learned from a book on angels that devas were like the Hindu version of an angel
Secondly on faries, elves, ghosts, I am totally open to the idea.
Actually...
I have a story on that one but PLEASE don't laugh.
Ever since I was a little kid I have talked to tree spirits and they have talked back. It wasn't just me though. It was also my friend Marci. The spirits have stopped since we stopped beliving about half a year ago, but I am halfway convinced maybe there is a bit of truth involed, and maybe it wasn't our imagination. We had a whole kingdom, and what is really amazing was the complicatidness of it all. We started when we were about 7 and I don't know... I guess it always felt like real magic... not just another game. Anyway, what was really amazing that our kingom had laws. Not stupid rules like No boys or anything but beautiful, intrakite, and elaborate laws, that we subconcociesnly knew since the beginning. Such as the Kingdom of trees would fall asleep if one of the rulers stopped beleiving. There were a lot. The kingdom went through a lot. The trees really are alive, btw, you just have to wake them up. I am not even kidding. Well my kingdom is asleep, beacause Marci stopped believing. I killed some trees with sadness, as I was not a good leader as I sort of stopped believing myself. I have hurt the trees so they won't talk to me anymore. They all went back to sleep.
I am not kidding. Not one word of it. Please don't laugh.

#44 CuteSparklezGirl

CuteSparklezGirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:58 AM

Also I met with fairie like creatures in my kingdom such as the diffrent seasons such as queen of winter and spring and such. BTW. you can not see them except with the eyes in you heart unless you belive in them with total faith and with another person in total faith. It has happened. We once saw a glimse of the queen of winter

#45 Kay

Kay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:59 AM

Okay. Just jutting in here. Sorry if I make a fool of myself.

I'm twelve. I'm just starting to challenge what my mom and grandmother have tried to raise me believing. My dad is an athiest, and has been as long as I can remember - probably since he was a kid. We don't talk much about religion, but I do know that what he has to say makes more sense to me than what my mom has to say. Out of all the things he's said, this is the one thing that really strikes true with me.

"I think it's just easier to say, 'Oh, I'm going to be good and do the right thing for God' rather than, 'Oh, I'm going to be good and do the right thing just because it's right'."

--

Oh, and on the subject of the supernatural:

I have a friend who swears she sees ghosts. I don't know if I 100% believe her, but I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt on this one. She says that they just sort of stand there and stare at her, although sometimes she can sense they're there without seeing them.

#46 Atlantis

Atlantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:00 AM

...the trees will talk 2 U again...U must remember how it felt 2 believe...U must also truely want 2 talk 2 and C them again...they don't hold grudges...they understand growing up...even tho they don't do it themselves...

#47 Atlantis

Atlantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:02 AM

Also I met with fairie like creatures in my kingdom such as the diffrent seasons such as queen of winter and spring and such. BTW. you can not see them except with the eyes in you heart unless you belive in them with total faith and with another person in total faith. It has happened. We once saw a glimse of the queen of winter

U R right...I did not C them in the literal sence...

#48 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3054 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:02 AM

First of all on devas..... I learned from a book on angels that devas were like the Hindu version of an angel

I think he just calls them 'devas' to detach them from the religious doctrines 'god' is attached to. Are they synonyms?

#49 CuteSparklezGirl

CuteSparklezGirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:03 AM

...the trees will talk 2 U again...U must remember how it felt 2 believe...U must also truely want 2 talk 2 and C them again...they don't hold grudges...they understand growing up...even tho they don't do it themselves...

You are right! I have to make up! I have felt so depressed and like a failure since I let my kingdom die out/sleep. But somehow I think my time is up. One day another child will dicover my kingdom and wake it up.

#50 Frost

Frost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1820 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:03 AM

Oh, on the note of higher beings, my friend James presented me with a theory that I'm still a bit uncertain about, but.. it somewhat makes sense? He's not religious, but he believes in gods. These gods aren't gods in an Abrahamic sense, and should not be worshiped or any of that. They don't really even particularly are about us at all. Essentially, they're called 'devas', and are more powerful than life as we know it, but they did not create us, and they don't interfere with us. It was said that they exist in higher dimensions, which is why they're undetected. They have the ability to interfere with human life, but generally don't, because as I said, they don't care about us.

If they don't bother to interfere with us or even care about us, why should we care about them? There's no real reason to believe that they're there anymore than that there's an invisible dragon in my garage. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users