Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Messenger Riddle

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Shakeepuddn

Shakeepuddn

Sir Shakelot

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:16 AM

No A.G.
The riddle seeks to know where all this is occuring.

#22 Atlantis

Atlantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:18 AM

No A.G.
The riddle seeks to know where all this is occuring.

the west?

#23 Mickey

Mickey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:02 AM

This may be foolish....

does it have anything to do with....
Spoiler for ...

#24 Shakeepuddn

Shakeepuddn

Sir Shakelot

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:20 AM

This may be foolish....

does it have anything to do with....

Spoiler for ...

No such thing as foolish guesses for tough riddles. But no, it has nothing to do with what you suggest.

#25 Mickey

Mickey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:22 AM

Ok, probably still a little out there...
Spoiler for How about....

#26 Shakeepuddn

Shakeepuddn

Sir Shakelot

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:41 AM

Better I think, less misleading.

The pressures on, the news is near,
The message comes, it’s almost here.
‘Cross bridge, then ‘long a watercourse
The message came on airy horse.
An unseen drum thumps a beat
And soon the message you will greet.
Busy Smith then plies his trade
Where cowboys mount . . .
It’s on its way!

#27 Mickey

Mickey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:59 AM

Hmm... Still stumped. I have a few questions: you said "The message came on an airy horse." Does that mean part of the message has already been delivered? But then you say "soon the message you will greet." I'm also a little confused: Does the "busy smith then plies his trade" refer to now or after the message arrives?

#28 Shakeepuddn

Shakeepuddn

Sir Shakelot

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:08 AM

Hmm... Still stumped. I have a few questions: you said "The message came on an airy horse." Does that mean part of the message has already been delivered? But then you say "soon the message you will greet." I'm also a little confused: Does the "busy smith then plies his trade" refer to now or after the message arrives?

LOL! Good questions. What is happening? Where is this event taking place? The message has not gotten to "you" yet, though it was delivered to "town" on an "airy" horse. The smith does not "read" the message, but he is involved with passing it along to where the cowboy mounts . . . and eventually to you!

#29 Mickey

Mickey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:37 AM

Do we need to be looking into any etymology for this one? I've currently looked up "town," "message," and "airy horse." One thing of note: There's a town in North Carolina called Mount Airy... apparently known for horses... any relation? Cowboys mounting airy horses... can't seem to find any "messages" about the town though...

#30 Shakeepuddn

Shakeepuddn

Sir Shakelot

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:51 AM

Do we need to be looking into any etymology for this one? I've currently looked up "town," "message," and "airy horse." One thing of note: There's a town in North Carolina called Mount Airy... apparently known for horses... any relation? Cowboys mounting airy horses... can't seem to find any "messages" about the town though...

Mickey, everything in this riddle is a metaphor. The "airy horse" is a related metaphor, as is the "town" and "crossing the bridge." I recommend you list some key words like:

smithy
watercourse (?)
mounting cowboy
and think about them for awhile. I'm sure it'll come to you . . . or somebody? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users