Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Boredom Riddle

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#51 theharangue

theharangue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:48 AM

I have to tell you Shakee, this one is driving me nuts. It gives me that frustrating "Tip of the tongue" feeling every time I read it it.

So what I know so far. Comparing Shakee's first edit and the final edit and comments:
1=First edit
2=Second edit

[Shakee said, "This ones kind of easy". So I assume we are missing an obvious reference or Shakee is a sadist.]

1) Worms in my head to my toe; “Get them out!” I so long to shout.
2) Worms from our heads to our toes, “Get them out!” we long to shout.
[Corpse, fishing, and engine references have gotten no love, so that leaves me thinking wormholes or such. But that is a bad fit with his newest hint. Also "I suggest a thorough search on the possible meanings of a worm", said Shakee. Edit basically pluralizes the answer or object of the riddle.]

1) And I’ve sure been around for awhile— Just check out at my throat!
2) And we’ve sure been around for awhile—Just check out our throats!
[Around? A round or actually rather old? Throats refers to too many things for me to get a good lead here. Again, edit just pluralizes.]

1) Do you wonder I choke?
2) See how we choke?
[Choke is either getting choked, something stuck in your throat, or starting an engine. Note: he has changed this line from
"Just check out at my throat! Do you wonder I choke?"
to
"Just check out my throat! Do you wonder I choke?"
to a final version of
"Just check out our throats! See how we choke?"
Three edits clearly shows this is a key passage, and that Shakee thinks these changes should help us. The first is obviously just a typo correction, the second a definate change in wording from 'wonder' to 'see'. More pluralizing.]

1) Hindering spirit both lively and old, I stop all the fun, and it takes only one.
2) Hindering spry spirit and old, we stop all the fun (though it only takes one).
[Shakee said, "You are wise to focus on the "spry spirit and old line." Here we get the first edit that is not just pluralizing. Shakee changes 'spirit lively and old' to 'spry spirit and old'. He decides to make the last bit parenthetical rather than a conjunctive phrase.]

1) I’m so bored with the carousal punch, So leave me alone, my work here is done!
2) We’re so bored with the carousal punch, Now leave us alone, our work here is done!
[I said, "I am drawn to the interaction between bored and punch. Boring a hole with a awl (a punch) seems to be a good fit." And this made Shakee say, "You are on right track with the bore line of thought." Also when asked if this was "carousel or carousal" we got no response. I assume then that "carousal" is correct. "Carousal" is a noun form of carouse. "Carouse means ~1: archaic : a large draft of liquor : toast
2: a drunken revel. Edit is just pluralizing.]

1) I’m just wishing that I could go fishing, (So I can show you the fish hot on the dish!)
2) We're just wishing that we could go fishing, (and we’ll show you the fish hot on the dish!)
[Again the edit just pluralizes]

[Shakee's big hint: "AVA seal of approval" You can google it yourself, and the AVA is the American Volkssport Association which focuses on "At your own" pace sporting events. The bulk of which is speed walking...at your own pace.]

So I get Non-conventional worms, a plural answer, old and throated, a change from "lively" to "agile" in spirits that are hindered, fun ending, hole making, drunken revelry and cooking fish? I just can't put it together.

Edited by theharangue, 01 March 2009 - 10:56 AM.

#52 Fabry

Fabry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:52 AM

Worms in my head to my toe;
“Get them out!” I so long to shout.
And I’ve sure been around for awhile—
Just check out at my throat! Do you wonder I choke?
Hindering spirit both lively and old,
I stop all the fun, and it takes only one.
I’m so bored with the carousal punch,
So leave me alone, my work here is done! What are always staying in the earth, punch always destroy their home.

I am just wishing that I could go fishing,
(So I can show you the fish hot on the dish!) what can be used to fishing? .

Spoiler for The possible answer is....

Edited by Fabry, 01 March 2009 - 11:54 AM.

#53 theharangue

theharangue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:55 PM

Spoiler for Last try

Edited by theharangue, 01 March 2009 - 05:56 PM.

#54 Gyvven

Gyvven

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:50 PM

how about - gossip

#55 TheWwwyzzerdd

TheWwwyzzerdd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:58 PM

Spoiler for how about?

#56 Kevin_3.1415

Kevin_3.1415

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:44 PM

Spoiler for Maybe...?

#57 deaftigerwarrior

deaftigerwarrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:51 PM

Spoiler for maybe...

#58 Artem1620

Artem1620

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:53 PM

a tree with worms in it?

#59 The Asian Genius

The Asian Genius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:20 PM

could it be a fishhook or something similar

#60 Mad Twit

Mad Twit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:36 PM

I know this cant be the answer because of the AVA hint but its an idea which no one else has said yet.
Howabout the word Worms actialy means Wyrms (dragons)

Worms from our heads to our toes,........................... Meaning its a dragon from its head to its toes
“Get them out!” we long to shout............................... Maybe anyone who trys to steal their hoard
And we’ve sure been around for awhile—................... Suposidly they are ment to live for thousands of years
Just check out our throats! See how we choke?.......... They would be the worst chain smokers in the world
Hindering spry spirit and old,.................................... They hinder people, They have a spry spirit (fairly resiliant), See line 3
We stop all the fun (though it only takes one)............. One dragon could prety much stop a party instantly
We’re so bored with the carousal punch,.................... No Idea
Now leave us alone, our work here is done!............... Finished destroying something and want to rest
We're just wishing that we could go fishing,................ Maybe bored of red meat
(and we’ll show you the fish hot on the dish!)............. Would be fairly hot when it has been cooked

I know its wrong but hey i dont care :D

Edited by Mad Twit, 01 March 2009 - 09:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users