Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Forum Update - Latest Changes

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:14 AM

Let me inform you about the latest changes I have made in BrainDen:
1. forum index - categories reduced from 4 to 3 (2 were merged into "Old Brain Teasers" and several subforums were formed in new "Puzzles and Riddles" forum - that should reduce distraction on forum index page, my favorites don't take much space)
2. forum icons on forum index page were edited to read "BD" instead of default "IPB"
3. I have just released Chinese version of non-forum pages (notice flags in top right hand corner) - check http://brainden.com/chinese/index.htm
4. I plan to release Russian version in March 2009 - many thanks to Prime for proofreading and translation
5. my Google gadgets (3 out of 4) are already in Chinese as well - you can add them and then check http://www.google.com/ig?hl=zh-cn
6. hidden forums for Mafia games - 1 forum visible for selected goodies only and 1 forum visible for selected baddies only
7. new Homework Help forum

I hope you like it. There are still many things to improve. I review all Comments and Suggestions and I am sure you still have a few good new ideas. Just start a new thread in this forum.

Thanks.

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

"To start: Press any key... Where's the 'any' key?" - Homer Simpson

#2 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:40 PM

all awesome fixes, especially #1 and #6 B)) As for #2, it doesn't seem to work for me, but it's not a big deal

edit ~ nvm I see now! It's IPB if it's unread, but once read it switches to BD. Cool :)

Edited by unreality, 23 February 2009 - 09:43 PM.

#3 Lost in space

Lost in space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:50 PM

Awesomely awesome
IOW great job!

#4 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:42 PM

further changes:
1. email notifications are working again - sendmail version got unexpectedly stuck and after long discussions with hosting provider it was replaced for the latest sendmail version and it should not happen again (though nothing is impossible - like gmail outage for several hours today)
2. using new Feedburner javascript for RSS feed - note that this change should make the latest riddle show faster with smaller delays
- latest riddle submitted to the forum is visible on BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers, BrainDen.com - Logic Puzzles and the last 15 puzzles on BrainDen.com - New Riddles
- latest riddle is also visible in "Puzzles and Riddles" Google gadget
- RSS feed (15 latest puzzles) added in canvas view of "Brain Teasers" Google gadget ... once you add it, click on "Maximize" in its top right hand corner and you should see the gadget on whole page including 15 latest puzzles
3. I have also redirected the New Puzzles RSS feed to http://feeds2.feedbu...ncom-NewPuzzles (Feedburner operated by Google offers good statistics on subscribers)

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

#5 peace*out

peace*out

Adult Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4891 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:11 PM

this is awsome1! thanks rookie!! :D

#6 akaslickster

akaslickster

SLICK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4848 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:39 AM

Sounds excellent! I tried everything I could think of, to get this PC from locking-up and forcing me to cut-off the power completely, to be able to resume progress with anything. I can not rid myself of firefox, that may be the cause of this problem. I think it's a virus of a sort.
Does anyone have a solution to this calamity???
It usually happens when the user does not use for 5 minutes, or less. :huh:
Posted ImageThe place where peace begins is within oneself. by Slick

#7 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:05 PM

This is minor, but how about a "reply all" function on PMs? It would make hosting games with teams easier for sure.

#8 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:08 PM

This is minor, but how about a "reply all" function on PMs? It would make hosting games with teams easier for sure.

Oh also, how about name recognition in the "carbon copy" box for PMs?

#9 Brandonb

Brandonb

The Accused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3004 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:03 AM

Oh also, how about name recognition in the "carbon copy" box for PMs?

YEAH! That would be fantastic. :)

And congrats on the 1000 Rookie! :)

Edited by Brandonb, 06 March 2009 - 12:04 AM.

#10 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:19 AM

new version of IB.Board should come out very soon

meanwhile, I have finished the foreign language versions of BD (non-forum pages):
Slovak
English
Chinese
Russian - thanks a lot to Prime for translation and proofreading

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users