BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Smileys Wanted

Guest Lost in space

Random thought: Mr. Bunny should be a smiley...

Random thought: I think that all of the Mr. Bunnies should be removed.

In signatures shouldn't be more than 3-4 lines besides I introduced Mr. Bunny in my sig and then it got stolen and now it's all over the place... :dry: *glares at RT*

EDIT: And it ain't Mr. Bunny but cute psycho bunny!

Edited by andromeda

• 1 month later...
a "i would like to solve the puzzle" smiley after you found the answer to a riddle that is taking forever to solve and you know you have the answer
You need a head scratching or a shrug smiley methinks. dazed053.gif

maybe we need - pics.gif

It would be nice to have a smiley that the writers of riddles can put up when their riddle has been solved, and have it show up in the forum somewhere next to the topic/title.

It would be nice to have a smiley that the writers of riddles can put up when their riddle has been solved, and have it show up in the forum somewhere next to the topic/title.

That's a good idea. It's been already discussed. Actually, something like that should already work - there is a similar setting. However, in practice it does not work. I am waiting for new/stable release of this board before doing any modifications (btw, "Invision Power Board 3.0.0 Release Candidate 1" is already out).

• 4 weeks later...
That's a good idea. It's been already discussed. Actually, something like that should already work - there is a similar setting. However, in practice it does not work. I am waiting for new/stable release of this board before doing any modifications (btw, "Invision Power Board 3.0.0 Release Candidate 1" is already out).

I would propose a solution: using the topics "poll" to indicate whether a riddle has been solved. After the OP has gotten an acceptable solution, when he/she posts to confirm that the correct answer has been found, he/she also uses the box at the top of the editing panel titled "Poll Options".

The topic starter would click on "Manage this topic's poll"

Then click "Add poll question" and type "Riddle has been solved"

Then click "Add poll choice" and type "See post #x"

(Martini let me play around with the polling feature in a test thread in "Others" (Thanks, Martini!) and it's necessary to have at least one question and one choice for the poll to show up, so follow that procedure precisely.)

That would also mean that solved riddles would show up with a purple folder in the index.

You guys think this is a good idea? Should we start implementing it?

plasmid, the "poll workaround" does not work for regular members. The standard edit post limit 10 minutes is applicable not only for posts but for post title/description/icon and poll. Even though there is a separate setting for editing title.

Feel free to start new topic with your regular member login and do the changes after 10 minutes to verify that it does not work.

I asked the forum helpdesk and they confirmed that the same edit time limit is applicable for posts and titles/polls and this will not be changed in the new release.

However, I am sure that changing only titles is possible - it just requires hard coding.

• 4 months later...

Sorry, I didn't know that there was already a thread for this! I didn't do a search! AGHH!!! #1 Newbie move! :duh::blush:

I have about a hundred on hand, these are what I think are the most needed or useful for the site, and they all match the IPB format smilies. Either I created them, found them, or revised them for IPB. I hope everyone enjoys!

post-5980-12563908014001.gif :shh: ---{not mine}

post-5980-12563907920062.gif :shifty: ---{revised}

post-5980-1256390779379.gif :rofl: ---{revised}

post-5980-12563907507287.gif :phew: ---{not mine}

post-5980-12563907296129.gif :mafia: ---{not mine}

post-5980-12563907215445.gif :mafia2: or :guns: ---{not mine}

post-5980-12563907075122.gif :hmm: ---{revised}

post-5980-12563907016759.gif :glint: ---{Bb exclusive}

post-5980-1256390675549.gif :cry: ---{Bb exclusive}

post-5980-12563910879188.gif :sick: ---{not mine}

post-5980-12563906624201.gif :clap: ---{Bb exclusive}

post-5980-12563908168249.gif :shrug: ---{Bb exclusive}

post-5980-12563908372926.gif :twisted: ---{Bb exclusive}

post-5980-12563908498394.gif :wave: ---{not mine}

post-5980-12563907423488.gif :pant: ---{Bb exclusive}

post-5980-12563908621292.gif :yawn: ---{revised}

post-5980-12563910761933.gif :sleep: ---{Bb exclusive}

post-5980-12563906539389.gif :backstab: or :bs: ---{Bb exclusive, My favorite work ^_^ }

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like the smileys on the whole, but i have a few queries/suggestions:

the off topic smiley :offtopic: is quite helpful.....but i was wondering if we could have an off topic smiley which 'smiles', you know, for the cheerful statements....if we have to say something nice which is an off topic, then we can't have a grumpy smiley. :blush:

what exactly is this smiley :ph34r: used for? i've rarely used it, so i was just wondering..... :unsure:

oh, I noticed that the angry :angry: and mad :mad: smileys are exactly the same.....can it be fixed or is it supposed to be like that?

We have a cool smiley for lies :lies:....... can we have the same for truth/honest?

and finally.....we have a great exclamation smiley :excl: ........it would be fun to have a question mark smiley as well.....for extra emphasis or for the 'wondering' statements....:)

Thanks for the cool smileys anyway.....:D

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

could we have a smiley with a sign that says answer or something? that could be cool!!!!!!

**1000th post in this forum!

Like so: answer.gif ?

Edited by Anza Power

• 2 weeks later...

ROOKIE!

Is there any way that smileys could show up when we post comments on peoples about me pages or something?

Seconded - there should be smileys on profile comments.