Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Battle for Mt Olympus II

• Please log in to reply
708 replies to this topic

#681 Riddle Master Zack

Riddle Master Zack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:35 AM

Not bad Acheans, not bad at all.

Sign me up 4 round 3.

#682 dawh

dawh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:00 AM

Aww, shucks!

Anyways, was I able to convince anyone that dawh was Hermes near the beginning of the game? I figured that's why Kat pled for Perseus, because she thought dawh was Hermes and dawh had been killed by then.

Well I wasn't fooled... :rolleyes:

I think we have a winner for the "Two-Faced" award though. :mellow: :ph34r:

Also, I am looking forward to round three (even though I didn't get to live in this one... :angry: (I didn't see myself as a threat :huh: )).

#683 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:30 PM

Well I wasn't fooled... :rolleyes:

I think we have a winner for the "Two-Faced" award though. :mellow: :ph34r:

Also, I am looking forward to round three (even though I didn't get to live in this one... :angry: (I didn't see myself as a threat :huh: )).

Sorry dawh, but we thought you were an Achaean/ally trying to gain your BTSC group's attention by pointing out the obvious fact that I was Cerberus. :P We also took into consideration that you could be Hermes or Perseus, but didn't see that as a major loss as we had already made a plea for Theseus. Of course, I thought you were a better choice for the daily plea. No offense, TB, but Perseus doesn't give away his ID when his attack fails and also gains an ID. So we didn't want you to be recruited by the Achaeans later, in case you were Perseus.

#684 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:31 PM

And sorry LIS, but that turncoat Hermes said you were an Achaean and in all probability you were(we didn't accept AI's advice on face value :P , we checked out his possible roles).

#685 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:37 PM

If only we hadn't been complacent with saving Hades :duh: ... But I thoroughly enjoyed playing as a monster. :D

Well played Achaeans and Odysseus. And the secret abilities of the Achaeans gave a slight edge to you guys. :P

Another great game Itachi! If there's Battle for Mount O - III, I am in. And oh, I enjoyed pestering you with several questions. :lol:

#686 Artificial I

Artificial I

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:13 PM

Ya, definitely count me in on Battle for Mt. Olympus III too.

#687 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:59 PM

Thanks a lot everyone! You all really did outstanding. I have to disagree about the Secrets giving the Achaeans the edge though. Just think about some things that favor the Baddies, or that the Baddies missed:

Spoiler for Just some stuff off the top of my head

Basically, I don't think anything should be taken away from the Achaean victory :D . They even came back from being pretty much down and out near the middle of the game.

I have no clue when the 3rd and final game will be. When I think of a concept and have time I guess B)) One thing's for sure though, there will be no secret abilities :P Odysseus, Diomedes and Nestor will be powerhouses though, but then again, so will Zeus and a couple other Olympians ;)

#688 SomeGuy

SomeGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:20 AM

Yeah, but I can come up with two times in the baddie forums where you were basically going "Oh, you could stop Achaean ability X easy, if only you knew what it was..." That kind of sucked for us.

Also, SG and PT had secret abilities, pretty much THE ACHAEAN TEAM had secret abilities, and if we'd known Hermes could move people like that we'd have had a save handy for Impervious, or at least a guess. I didn't mind that, so much, since it was a good surprise, and kind of a balancing factor, but that wasn't a strategic failing on our part.

#689 Prof. Templeton

Prof. Templeton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1664 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:58 AM

I thought the Monsters had this one in the bag until Odysseus came flying in on the back of Hermes and Whacked Hades. :o I think that was the turning point. Without a player to counter Odysseus' guesses we couldn't compete. Good job Achaeans.

#690 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:40 AM

Yeah, but I can come up with two times in the baddie forums where you were basically going "Oh, you could stop Achaean ability X easy, if only you knew what it was..." That kind of sucked for us.

Also, SG and PT had secret abilities, pretty much THE ACHAEAN TEAM had secret abilities, and if we'd known Hermes could move people like that we'd have had a save handy for Impervious, or at least a guess. I didn't mind that, so much, since it was a good surprise, and kind of a balancing factor, but that wasn't a strategic failing on our part.

This coming from the happiest person to have secret abilities as part of the game... :rolleyes: Everyone was informed exactly who and what characters would have secret abilities waaaay before the game started. And I thought that the mentioning of them in the night posts was enough of a hint as to what each could be. The night before Hermes flew Odysseus to Hades Castle, he flew Odysseus somewhere else far away. Put that info together with the knowledge that Hermes had a secret ability and presto! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users