Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Matrix Thrill-ogy

• Please log in to reply
836 replies to this topic

#11 clozobozo

clozobozo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:55 AM

So lemme get this straight... only Neo can kill, or there might be some secret goddie kill ability?

Oh man we are screwed if only Neo can kill :(

read closer...

The agents choose one to kill amongst themselves and i think the independents can kill... not too sure.

#12 andromeda

andromeda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:11 AM

read closer...

The agents choose one to kill amongst themselves and i think the independents can kill... not too sure.

Independents have three killing roles, agents have a group kill and we only have Neo! :o

#13 Impervious

Impervious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2413 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:56 AM

Independents have three killing roles, agents have a group kill and we only have Neo! :o

We may only have Neo, but he also invincible as long as trinity is still alive :D

#14 Lost in space

Lost in space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:03 AM

Emphasising activity - lynches must post min two substance posts per day "I am a goodie" is not complient, if unsure make accusations and dedusctions etc that people can respond to - you can make many non spamming posts if you like
Reminder of serets - roles - info - is not to be made public, learn to persuade, not out your roles

If you need a backup, Im here :D

fanQ

Confirmed! *follows the fuzzy white rabbit*
I have a question:
Thompson: Does he divert an action to a different player, or is the action only blocked?

Random diversion - dice role, may divert to own side - pure luck

Nice intro! This looks like it will be amazingly fun :D Is the Freed Humans siding with the Usable Programs? :)

- thank RT - yes freed Hs and UP's are same side

i also will be a backup :) also when were the signups?

fanQ2

- independents in italics are actions not roles - there are 18 players in bold

Let me know if anything else is unclear

#15 JarZe

JarZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1006 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:24 PM

Nice one... I just took a red pill and I'm in ;)
I'm hoping Neo is the only one with "visible" killing ability, I'm pretty sure there are secrete abilities that involve killing.
Let's not get to desperate on that :)

#16 star_tiger

star_tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2407 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:24 PM

So, there is 1 independent? But why the Twin Virus #1 and 2? If the independent can choose which action he takes, wouldn't he always take #1 since there's a higher chance?

#17 Prof. Templeton

Prof. Templeton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1664 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:25 PM

So, there is 1 independent? But why the Twin Virus #1 and 2? If the independent can choose which action he takes, wouldn't he always take #1 since there's a higher chance?

Probably a one time use.

#18 Lost in space

Lost in space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:30 PM

Nice one... I just took a red pill and I'm in ;)
I'm hoping Neo is the only one with "visible" killing ability, I'm pretty sure there are secrete abilities that involve killing.
Let's not get to desperate on that :)

maybe/maybe not - hopefully the balance is in the secrets

One use each, if twin #1 used, Indep. has less chance with twin #2 and v/v. so he must judge when to use - like bullets, they are spent and not reused

#19 SomeGuy

SomeGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:36 PM

I don't understand why people think we're at a disadvantage because we have less killing roles. I mean, I've seen the killing roles mess the goodies up just as bad as the Mafia or the Independents did. I think having the one killing role is for the best, especially if he can choose when to kill. Since he doesn't know who his targets are he is more likely to accidentally kill a goodie than a baddie. So, the fact that only Neo can kill (and is pretty invincible) is likely going to help us.

#20 Prof. Templeton

Prof. Templeton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1664 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:56 PM

I don't understand why people think we're at a disadvantage because we have less killing roles. I mean, I've seen the killing roles mess the goodies up just as bad as the Mafia or the Independents did. I think having the one killing role is for the best, especially if he can choose when to kill. Since he doesn't know who his targets are he is more likely to accidentally kill a goodie than a baddie. So, the fact that only Neo can kill (and is pretty invincible) is likely going to help us.

Agreed. Too many kill roles for the good guys usually spells trouble. :o We have a fair number of spying and saving roles to start with and Switch gets to kill if Trinity dies. It's balanced against the Agents' and the Merovingian's abilities.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users