Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lion and Unicorn I.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#21 bwmeekin

bwmeekin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:55 PM

thursday cos the unicorn would be lying and lion was telling the truth

#22 freyanator

freyanator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:15 AM

Either Thursday, or, since they are in the forest of forgetfulness, any day or not at all because they would not remember anything. aw I don't know!!

#23 i_love_brain_teasers

i_love_brain_teasers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:37 PM

Um well i say Friday because:

Mon: Lion - fits
Uni - doesn't
Tues: Lion - doesn't so dont even think about uni
Wed: Lion - no so same thing
Thurs: Lion - yes because he tells the truth today and was telling lies yester day
Uni - yes because he is lying 2day and was telling the truth yesterday.
Fri: Lion - same case as Tuesday
Sat: Same thing
Sun: same thing

So wouldn't it be thursday??
And also i don't get the solution provided it sounds as if the answer is both wednesday and thursday.
Plz explain :(

PS if you think i'm a little dumb then srry!!! (im not a rocket scientist and im not sure what age group actually comes here) -_- (you guys sounds much MUCH older than i am!!!)

#24 NymphCRF250

NymphCRF250

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:02 PM

It was on a Thursday!

#25 NymphCRF250

NymphCRF250

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:10 PM

Um well i say Friday because:

Mon: Lion - fits
Uni - doesn't
Tues: Lion - doesn't so dont even think about uni
Wed: Lion - no so same thing
Thurs: Lion - yes because he tells the truth today and was telling lies yester day
Uni - yes because he is lying 2day and was telling the truth yesterday.
Fri: Lion - same case as Tuesday
Sat: Same thing
Sun: same thing

So wouldn't it be thursday??
And also i don't get the solution provided it sounds as if the answer is both wednesday and thursday.
Plz explain :(

PS if you think i'm a little dumb then srry!!! (im not a rocket scientist and im not sure what age group actually comes here) -_- (you guys sounds much MUCH older than i am!!!)

It's really not that bad
Yes it is Thursday, but in no way was it Wednesday.

On Wednesday, the Unicorn would be telling the truth, so for him to say he lied the day before would be false because he is truthful on Tuesdays (the day before weds ;) ) and therefore Wednesday would not fit the parameters of the problem.

#26 AfroAllianceRRR

AfroAllianceRRR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:56 PM

in truth, there is something most people forgot. this is in the forest of forgetfulness. therfeore, we shall not be able to be sure wether or not the unicorn or the lion actually remebered if they lied or not on this day

#27 meezy

meezy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:30 PM

It seems to me that they could have been talking about lying down on the ground as well, in which case, any of the days could be the correct solution :)

#28 Lost in space

Lost in space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:12 PM

It seems to me that they could have been talking about lying down on the ground as well, in which case, any of the days could be the correct solution :)

Nice one, makes me think of bed. I'll shoot off down the windy windy road for a number of minutes before I become number.

#29 thermalguru65

thermalguru65

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:19 PM

thursday, Lion telling the truth about wednesday and the unicorn lying.

#30 FlyngRyn

FlyngRyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 02:36 PM

Could you not solve this with just the information from the Lion? THe only day I see his statement being true is Thursday, and if he made the statement any of the previous three days he would have been telling the truth, violating the initial statement. However if he made the statement on any of the following three days (F,S,Su) He would also be violating the initial statement of the Lion's Schedule.

Why is the unicorn important?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users