Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Homework Helpers

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 Gmaster479

Gmaster479

I'm a G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2165 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:14 PM

I'm a Senior in High School, so...

Math: Statistics 101 and Pre-Calculus
Science: Basic Chemistry and Human Biology
English: Not my strongest subject, let us leave it at that
History: Very good with Government, Geography, U.S History, World History, can edit papers...
Music: Music Theory 101,102. Keyboarding, Composition... I'm planning on this being my major

MM4sig.png

#42 underground_dan

underground_dan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:35 PM

I can help with many a random thing. I seem to remember the most pointless, obscure facts that are not all that useful generally but can be occasionally, like at pub quiz/trivia nights.

However the one area where I can offer help, that doesn't appear to be covered, is in geology and earth science (degree level). I am a geologist after all. So any questions about rocks and stuff, feel free to ask, if I don't know I know someone that will, if of course there's an answer.

I will wait patiently for someone to say there speciality is alchemy, so that all the galena I find can be turned to gold!!!!!!!!!! ^_^ Alternatively I will answer 42.

#43 Juskiknback

Juskiknback

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2056 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:59 PM

English Lit. 101 and 111
Microsoft office 07
Introduction to Theater

APA style Essays...

Have common knowledge of Computers in general

(add to as I go through my classes in college)Posted ImagePosted Image

#44 DarthNoob

DarthNoob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:53 AM

I'm a high school senior, and I've been in most AP classes you can think of, but that doesn't mean I can recollect all or even most of what I learned in those classes. Most notably I've taken Calculus 2 and by the end of this semester I'll know DiffyQ and might remember my Calc2 better; any lower math except specific portions of precalc and geometry should be easy for me. I'd also be happy to help with English, essays, or just grammar checking. Very minimal (though hopefully growing) Java experience. Also, I can recommend easy (and harder) songs to learn for the guitar.

#45 harvey45

harvey45

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:53 PM

I guess I can try to help out when I can.
I'm only a sophomore, so I'm not exactly the most qualified person on BrainDen.
I will list the courses I have taken/am taking in high school.

Core courses:
Science: physics 1-2, in chemistry 1
English: english 1-2, in english 3
Social Studies: American history, in economics
Math: algebra 3-4, in pre-calc/trig

Electives:
Computer science
basic Scheme programming
in Java 1-2
in Cisco Networking
Engineering
CAD 1-2
Intro to Engineering Design

That's pretty much all I've taken/am taking. If you need help with basic Networking/programming/finding your way around Windows XP, you can contact me. Computers are my specialty.

#46 Semper Rideo

Semper Rideo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:27 AM

Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering. Courses and labs in DSP, Embedded systems, and RF esp. telemetry. Fluent in Spanish (also:lived in various parts of for Mexico 2 years). I try to be as 'renaissance man' as possible, so I have taken some courses in philosophy, linguistics, history, art, and music.

#47 EDM

EDM

Smiley Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4238 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:13 PM

i can help too......
english is my strongest subject (comparatively)......:)
informatics - visual basic and a bit of java (still learning)
biology, physics and a bit of chem (upto 10/11th grade....depends)
and of course....general knowledge
i also know a few things about art (mainly painting, cooking,etc.....my dad taught me)

ok....now i feel silly.... :blush: :D
Please Have a Look at The Board Guidelines... :) Before You Start Partying At The Site...Rules help out, here... :D :D :D
I'm The Smiley Queen Posted Image...Bow Down To My Smiley Smileyness!!! :P :D :D :D

#48 new guest

new guest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:00 AM

Well, I may not be the first choice as a homework helper, as I probably won't be on the computer again until a month from now, but I can help in:

Math. If I can't do it, my dad was a math minor in college.
Science. Don't expect pure awesomeness, but I dabble in random sciences. Just don't ask about geology or archeology.
Music. I have one of the best piano teachers in the world, and no this is not boasting or exaggerating. I have a nice knowledge of music theory as well.

And if someone decides to get me to help them anyway, I will be honoured, and try to help.

#49 Medji

Medji

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:33 PM

Biology - Advanced high school level
Chemistry - Beginning college level
Computer Hardware - Journeyman level circuitboard troubleshooting, micro-soldering and installation of physical parts
Computer Science - Intermediate college level with emphasis on object-oriented programming and encryption / decryption protocol
Electronics - Journeyman level electrical theory incl. commercial and residential wiring code
English - Advanced post graduate structural analysis and legal / theoretical writing practice
German - Basic sentence structure and pronunciation
History (American) - Advanced college level
History (Aviation) - Advanced aviation history with emphasis on military uses post Great War
History (General) - Intermediate college level
History (Military) - Advanced college level
History (WWII) - Advanced post graduate military and socio-economic WWII history and familiar with (and access to) most of the writings of the major players in the war on all sides
Japanese - Basic sentence structure and pronunciation
Mathematics - Intermediate college level
Psychology - Beginning college level

And topics that I didn't actually study, but know from having done them:
Animal rearing - 10 yrs experience raising animals for food
Animal slaughtering - 10 yrs experience slaughtering above animals
Computer hardware - 17 yrs experience building computers from component

#50 MissKitten

MissKitten

Merthur <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts
  • Location:At my computer, or maybe writing fanfiction, and losing my sanity and innocence

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:18 PM

hm, as a 12 year old, i dont really have that good of an education.

Math: my favorite subject, just finished geometry, got to state mathcounts
Language Arts/English: ok grammar, poetry, etc.
Science: lot of experience, won 3rd place in my category (botany) at the science fair, when testing for science olympiad in 6th grade i got the 3rd highest overall score out of 6th, 7th, and 8th graders(i sucked at chemistry, but i just finished reading a book about the elements, so i should be a little better)
Social Studies/Geography: ancient civilizations, world history(kind of), parents are from india and i have visited a few times so a little knowledge there
Music: play piano, viola, and french horn, am in choir, got to all state honor choir in 5th grade(only one in my class)
Foreign languages: speak hindi, english, some spanish, very little french, even less german, and know how to say hello in several different languages

I also like to draw/paint/sketch/art in general.

hope you guys can figure out if im of any help or not.

Edited by MissKitten, 22 July 2010 - 08:20 PM.

Chocolate is proof that God wanted us to be happy.

So you want a fight with intent to kill? Then come fight me! It's here in my bow, that intent to kill you love so much! ~ Uryu Ishida

... ~ Nova-kun

Society needs to learn how to adapt, or humanity is screwed. ~ MiKi, aka MissKitten, aka myself

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users