Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mafia Olde Style

• Please log in to reply
465 replies to this topic

#441 JarZe

JarZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1006 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:56 PM

Yea, I made the mistake of being too obvious, and at the end, I should have saved myself, but wasnt sure if the doctor had seen my post and ran out of time to PM LIS. (I had one secret ability to save) So mad I did not do that.

Good playing. Who was everyone?

I'm hoping LIS will post everyone's role in a while...

#442 Lost in space

Lost in space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:18 PM

N1..Ist night nerves, three people use saves - no effect and two had no other saves
N2.. Mafia grp target IDNE/defender, and use kat's thief on imp/vig to kill jarzee/doc Who saved Vig, but reaymond blocked kat with a pm 30mins to go, So SG's attack on Imp/vig failed
N3.. ME saved impy instead of Doc, who was already doing that,save the doc or wait another night wld be best
Maybe, the bomber could have tried to draw fire for a 2/3 chance

Coincidence 1 the Freemason chosen as a target by the F/mason
Coincidence 2 Spy investigates Slick (M.E.) and ends up on his slab next night :)
Coincidence 3 Doc saves the vig, not the defender - did he see the danger.
Coincidence 4 JS (Don) and SD (Mayor) both double vote Marth (innocent) not that the count mattered

Despite the 1 for 1 N1 luck, opening of roles didn't help. And two failed lynches.... :lol: Taking CP was a good move, she had a day kill in hand - oh_OH!
Sheriff had a day kill too - but SG had a save - extra lucky

I enjoyed hosting it - hope it was good for you

But hey it was fun. Maybe if reaymond held back on Bomber, he may have attained a kill by drawing the Mafia and exploding on 2/3 chance.

Joe's Student Mafia D Don Wunderin

Peace - CP Mafia Mafia Goon Arty Chowkes

Kathleen Mafia Thief Lester Leevuwiv

Reaymond Suicide Bomber Ann Gerry

Social Darwin Mayor Jan Itorr

Grey Cells Sheriff Nick Ezee

JarZe Doctor Dr I.Makeuwel

Some Guy Failed Prosecutor Ada Charnz

akaslickster Medical Examiner Reg E Strarr

!mpervious Vigilante Vic Torry

Prince Marth Inspector Ins. Lukiman

IDoNotExist Defender Jite Qwando

Lemomymelon Healer Paul Itov

Riranor Mafia BR B.A Lendurr

RainThinker Spy Ivor Biknooze

Star tiger Mafia BG Bo de Garde

Edited by Lost in space, 02 February 2009 - 10:22 PM.

#443 Social_Darwin

Social_Darwin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:48 PM

Hahahaha, I got a good laugh after reading the last couple pages. I was WAY off on a few of my hunches. Def. displays my Mafia n00b-ness. Live and learn, eh? See you guys on the next one! And Congrats SomeGuy on your victory.

LIS - thanks, I had fun writing the letter.

#444 Impervious

Impervious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2413 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:11 PM

excellent game LIS! I had fun, got a wee bit confused on some of the roles....

#445 Joe's Student

Joe's Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:15 PM

Well guys that was fun! :P SG congratulations! You convinced them there in the end, I wanted to post so much! lol

reaymond you don't know how crucial you're block was. We were gonna use the stolem kill ability from Impervious to kill Jarze, which would have meant SG would have won sooner. Thanks everyone for playing. SD keep the speeches up :lol: .

I enjoyed being Mafia again I haven't been for a while, was a shame we got hit by inactivity though, it meant me and Peace were in your heads from Day 1 :rolleyes: . Anyway well played all!

Thanks alot LIS for hosting, was great fun! :D

#446 IDoNotExist

IDoNotExist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1304 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:15 PM

excellent game LIS! I had fun, got a wee bit confused on some of the roles....

Wow, JS did a pretty good job. I had no idea he was Mafia and just followed Imps lead. What was the Don's Ability?

#447 Joe's Student

Joe's Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:19 PM

Wow, JS did a pretty good job. I had no idea he was Mafia and just followed Imps lead. What was the Don's Ability?

I could manipulate my vote to count for either 0, 1 or 2 votes :), and could block once in the game. Didn't use that though, I never got the chance. GC incarcerated me :P.

Edited by Joe's Student, 02 February 2009 - 11:19 PM.

#448 SomeGuy

SomeGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:22 PM

I was worried that another Mafia really HAD survived, and that I was going to get pinned for that. I figured I could just claim that was the FP, though, and hope for the best.

#449 Joe's Student

Joe's Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:25 PM

I was worried that another Mafia really HAD survived, and that I was going to get pinned for that. I figured I could just claim that was the FP, though, and hope for the best.

No I mean Impervious pwned at night - he had a 100% success rate which is pretty unheard of for an innocent killing role. I was just wondering what peoples secret abilities were? Did everyone have one?

We actually (stupidly) thought we were the only ones with our abilities secret, because of the way the role descriptions were :rolleyes: . Bad call there...

Edited by Joe's Student, 02 February 2009 - 11:25 PM.

#450 Impervious

Impervious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2413 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:27 PM

I had a block as my secret. also had I been killed night 2 i could have passed my ability on to another goodie.

I got lucky with my kills, night one I asked to lay low to see what happened and went from there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users