Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Doctor's Son

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dave7822

Dave7822

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:37 AM

A teenage boy is driving in a car with his father, when they are in a terrible car accident. The father is killed instantly, and the son is seriously injured. The boy is rushed to the hospital, and imediately gets sent into emergency surgery. The surgeon takes one look at him, and says "I can't operate on this boy, he is my son". The boy was never adopted and his biological parents are still married.

How can this be?

Spoiler for solution

#2 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6141 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:32 PM

A teenage boy is driving in a car with his father, when they are in a terrible car accident.
The father is killed instantly, and the son is seriously injured.
The boy is rushed to the hospital, and imediately gets sent into emergency surgery.
The surgeon takes one look at him, and says "I can't operate on this boy, he is my son".
The boy was never adopted and his biological parents are still married.

How can this be?

It can't be.
Spoiler for solution

Vidi vici veni.

#3 Taidaishar

Taidaishar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:26 PM

A teenage boy is driving in a car with his father, when they are in a terrible car accident.
The father is killed instantly, and the son is seriously injured.
The boy is rushed to the hospital, and imediately gets sent into emergency surgery.
The surgeon takes one look at him, and says "I can't operate on this boy, he is my son".
The boy was never adopted and his biological parents are still married.

How can this be?

It can't be.
Spoiler for solution

It doesn't say that HIS father is killed instantly or that the first mentioned son is the same as the son who got injured. It says he is driving in a car with HIS father and they are in an accident and THE father was killed instantly and THE son is seriously injured.

There are 2 (EDIT: 3) possibilities:
1) The boy's father that was in the car with him WAS the surgeon and he wasn't hurt, but the father that was in the OTHER car was killed instantly.

2) The boy that was in the first car with his father that was instantly killed was NOT the boy that was injured. The boy that was injured came from the opposite car (possibly with his mother). Then, when he arrived at the hospital, it just happened to be the hospital his father worked at.

EDIT:
3) What the OP said... ;)

#4 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6141 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 03:16 AM

kewl. B))

Vidi vici veni.

#5 carlosn27

carlosn27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 04:04 AM

this was a trick that some men could not get back in the 70s and early 80s.
it was a women's lib thing to make men think of them as possible leaders in the workforce.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users