BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

X2: Rematch

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you implying that if I were a baddie I would point at ST knowing that she is a baddie... or if she was a goodie and I was bad it doesn't make sense to expose myself if I'm a baddie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not my tactic I was excited to start the game!!!!

Yes I was ;) I'm pretty sure we all knew what was coming as soon as we read the night post, so by you getting your vote in quick it made it look like you were leading the bandwagon, and when a baddie was lynched day 1 you would be a hero.

Andromeda. You have to remember that today ST is going to get lynched. There are 1/2 votes for her, and others are only voting to get info out. I was experimenting with today, as it is the first time that I know of that I couold freely switch votes without getting suspicious. I laid the trap and you were the first to fall straight into it. What you have said so far is enough for me, and I will be pestering you no longer (see above post) ;) Congratulations to andromeda for holding in during my scrupulous interrogation. Get those votes off her now and just bandwagon on to ST (yes bandwagoning is permitted today :P)

Ok, so, misconception: Defense: I did X, and a baddie wouldn't!

Yes, that is a defense in a manner of speaking. However, what a baddie would, and wouldn't do is disrupted by the fact that baddies know what they would and wouldn't do, so would clearly do what they wouldn't do, because no one thinks that's what they would do, so clearly that's what they would do, but they wouldn't do that, would they?

In short: Your behavior is a defense in some situations, but that's not what we're looking for here. You're not on a jury stand. There's no alibis, no motive etc., just your role, and the baddie roles. I've been over and over and OVER your posts, and you've not said anything about your roles, and the "bandwagon" behavior, in my opinion, is a baddie defense mechanism. There was a discussion on that... uh... here: http://incognito.atfreeforu.com/general-st...tality-t12.html if you'd like to read exactly how I feel about it. My username is Einkil. So, what I am looking for you is some manner of subtle and cryptic clue about who you are, because a goodie wouldn't mind sharing a bit about their ID, and a baddie would. The best a baddie can do is hope to pretend to be a goodie, and then another goodie can call them on it. In short, what we're doing by putting pressure on others is forcing them to out themselves in some manner. The trick is to pick up on who they're outing themselves as before the baddies do, etc.

In response to my defense, I've left you several hints about my role, and in fact at this point it's almost spelled out well enough for me to ask for a save. If we're still looking for more tomorrow, I'll have more to give you then. Until then, I hope you stay with us Andromeda. It's clear that you're not dying today, so good or bad, your actions will impact this game, and inherently make it more interesting.

Well, well, well! Looks like the good ole' heroes fighting between themselves. :lol: Unless one of us is Stryker. But independent roles can survive only by striking the right balance, lying low and yet not lying low. So far CPB(Andro) looks to me like one of us X-men, unless she is Stryker and wants a spying role to investigate her very badly. :P

LIS, good try to distract the others. But we have been baddies in the past and the baddie saving roles will never take such a risk. How could they possibly know that in a field of 16 players, one particular player, namely ST will be hand-picked by Stryker or any other killing role? As you know, the chances are close to zero. I agree with Izzy on this.

Reaymond, if you have suspicions on Izzy, please abandon them. Do not waste your ability on her, if you are truly a X-man, which are you are most likely.

In response to my defense, I've left you several hints about my role, and in fact at this point it's almost spelled out well enough for me to ask for a save. If we're still looking for more tomorrow, I'll have more to give you then. Until then, I hope you stay with us Andromeda. It's clear that you're not dying today, so good or bad, your actions will impact this game, and inherently make it more interesting.

Day should be ended now. ST is going to be lynched so carrying on is just postponing the inevitable.

After my interrogations over andro today, I think that I will need a save too. Me and Nick have come to the conclusion that we both have quick similar styles, but I remain more hidden so I have decided that in this game I will play much more openly to see how it works. I will be covered for tonight, but I have posted an "ideal" set of moves for the next night;

Professor X -Andromeda... and then follow previous plans accordingly

Wolverine - kill me/andro (if we are saved then your kill will fail and we can use your ability without risking a teamkill)

Rogue - steal... your choice. But DEFINATELY NOT mine SG's or andro's ability

Cyclops - no kill...

Jean Grey - save yourself (or cyclops if you are already targetted :P)

Nightcrawler - save andromeda

Beast - find out about Nightcrawler. It could be critical is crawler dies later on leaving wolverine vulnerable to stryker/baddies when we need a kill

Colossus - save me :P

Angel - save SG

Storm – I don't know what ability she has...

Reaymond, if you have suspicions on Izzy, please abandon them. Do not waste your ability on her, if you are truly a X-man, which are you are most likely.

BTSC or secret ability? ;) and if you say neither you will be outing yourself :P

edit: I was wrong :(

Edited by reaymond

I can not believe this! I was eager to start the game and I'm a cute PSYCHO bunny! My motto is shoot first ask questions letter. I have a hard time controlling my temper when I'm excited. That is a bad explanation because you don't know ME!

This is my first mafia game where I'm ALONE right and excited because I don't need to consult with anyone before the action. I wanted to send my night action as soon as I received my role without knowing anything. Before Imp even posted the Prologue I wanted to send in my action! Why? And I don't know what baddies do this is my 4th game! :rolleyes:

I'm not hinting at my role, but if I said that I wanted to send in my action without thinking as soon as I received my role, what do you think, who I might be?

And I only registered at incognito I never read anything, nor I know what was discussed!

I can not believe this! I was eager to start the game and I'm a cute PSYCHO bunny! My motto is shoot first ask questions letter. I have a hard time controlling my temper when I'm excited. That is a bad explanation because you don't know ME!

This is my first mafia game where I'm ALONE right and excited because I don't need to consult with anyone before the action. I wanted to send my night action as soon as I received my role without knowing anything. Before Imp even posted the Prologue I wanted to send in my action! Why? And I don't know what baddies do this is my 4th game! :rolleyes:

I'm not hinting at my role, but if I said that I wanted to send in my action without thinking as soon as I received my role, what do you think, who I might be?

And I only registered at incognito I never read anything, nor I know what was discussed!

Fair enough, I have labelled andro as a super-hyper-agitated-crazy-talkative-inexplicable-pyscho bunny :P leave off her for now until we get some more info. Day 1 was a hard time for her and (dont quote me on this) but I'm pretty certain that she is not a baddie (not ruling out indepependent though as that can get people hyped up aswell :P)

Day should be ended now. ST is going to be lynched so carrying on is just postponing the inevitable.

After my interrogations over andro today, I think that I will need a save too. Me and Nick have come to the conclusion that we both have quick similar styles, but I remain more hidden so I have decided that in this game I will play much more openly to see how it works. I will be covered for tonight, but I have posted an "ideal" set of moves for the next night;

Professor X -Andromeda... and then follow previous plans accordingly

Wolverine - kill me/andro (if we are saved then your kill will fail and we can use your ability without risking a teamkill)

Rogue - steal... your choice. But DEFINATELY NOT mine SG's or andro's ability

Cyclops - no kill...

Jean Grey - save yourself (or cyclops if you are already targetted :P)

Nightcrawler - save andromeda

Beast - find out about Nightcrawler. It could be critical is crawler dies later on leaving wolverine vulnerable to stryker/baddies when we need a kill

Colossus - save me :P

Angel - save SG

Storm – I don't know what ability she has...

OMG! I'm dead! That's all I'm saying... :lol: Wolverine do not attack andromeda for the love of God don't...

Now since the baddies know who I am I need a protection... thanks reaymond, thanks a bunch! You should have keept your fingers to your self!

Oh I'm so enjoying this! I'm so gonna die if you don't protect me and the X-men are so over! Thanks reay! :D

Edited by andromeda

OMG! I'm dead! That's all I'm saying... :lol: Wolverine do not attack andromeda for the love of God don't...

Now since the baddies know who I am I need a protection... thanks reaymond, thanks a bunch! You should have keept your fingers to your self!

Oh I'm so enjoying this! I'm so gonna die if you don't protect me and the X-men are so over! Thanks reay! :D

Nightcrawler is protecting you ;) thats why i told wolverine to attack me or you - as we had saves on ourselves so cannot die. If the baddies now know who you are (how???) then you are protected by nightcrawler. Simple as.

edit: typo

Edited by reaymond

Neither! :P I think you see what I see and others have seen or might see or may not see.

no BTSC and no secret abilities. That means that you found out who Izzy was... And I know of only 1 role that could have done that. Thanks GC my truth table is looking rather full of red (false) and blue (true) squares now :P

no BTSC and no secret abilities. That means that you found out who Izzy was... And I know of only 1 role that could have done that. Thanks GC my truth table is looking rather full of red (false) and blue (true) squares now :P

I am not denying your statement about me finding out Izzy's role. But I am not agreeing with your role identification part. ;)

Nightcrawler is protecting you ;) thats why i told wolverine to attack me or you - as we had saves on ourselves so cannot die. If the baddies now know who you are (how???) then you are protected by nightcrawler. Simple as.

edit: typo

Reaymond get the poll water out of your ears and listen to me! If Wolverine attacks me I'm dead! Get that through your thick scull. And if you were setting a trap as you said I don't see it that way. It was full frontal. You were pushing, and pushing, and pushing up to the point when I didn't see any point playing mafia anymore. You are bad at setting traps because you don't read the track that your prey has left and thanks to you I'm dead unless somebody saves me!

EDIT: I'm PM-ing Imp for a replacement I don't have time for this...

Edited by andromeda

Reaymond get the poll water out of your ears and listen to me! If Wolverine attacks me I'm dead! Get that through your thick scull. And if you were setting a trap as you said I don't see it that way. It was full frontal. You were pushing, and pushing, and pushing up to the point when I didn't see any point playing mafia anymore. You are bad at setting traps because you don't read the track that your prey has left and thanks to you I'm dead unless somebody saves me!

EDIT: I'm PM-ing Imp for a replacement I don't have time for this...

So you are a character that dies even when saved? Wolverine attack me instead then... easy?

My trap was simple (so simple I don't think it could even be called a trap)... I waited for someone to post something that could be contradicted or contradicted me, and then I argued ;) I know I pushed and pushed, but thats what happens and it worked so well I know know quite a lot about you, and you have proved to me that you are not a baddie!

So you are a character that dies even when saved? Wolverine attack me instead then... easy?

My trap was simple (so simple I don't think it could even be called a trap)... I waited for someone to post something that could be contradicted or contradicted me, and then I argued ;) I know I pushed and pushed, but thats what happens and it worked so well I know know quite a lot about you, and you have proved to me that you are not a baddie!

Oh really thank you, but I already PM-ed Imp for someone to replace me...

Edited by andromeda

Oh really thank you, but I already PM-ed Imp for someone to replace me... and you could have done that in a more subtle way...

Done what more subtly? the interrogation? (Ahh... GC outing you) This was the best way to do it. If you were bad then everyone would know and you would die, if you were good (which i believe you are) then everyone believes your innocence. Thinking about it, this day has worked well for you. I have basically proved your innocence and you will live until night 3 (we are not going to lynch you tomorrow as you are near confirmed goodie)

edit:

Cool down CPB! You are really hot, but don't let the others know that. It's strictly between us.

erm... major outing there? or just something private between you 2 lovebirds :P;)

Edited by reaymond

reading so much posts make me feel to change my vote to ST, but at the end I saw andromeda's emotional-action that is......

hmm.....

I think I better remain my vote. Afterall, ST already has very slim chance to escape.

reading so much posts make me feel to change my vote to ST, but at the end I saw andromeda's emotional-action that is......

hmm.....

I think I better remain my vote. Afterall, ST already has very slim chance to escape.

Well, I'm pretty sure the day ended around 7 hours ago *sighs* I will be accepting apologies as soon as Impervious posts the day post :rolleyes:

Tut, tut. I just admire CPB, she is hot in the brainy sense. :D

Thanks but I'm not that brainy... and I probably won't be playing mafia anymore, cause games should be fun and I don't find it to be so fun when I have to defend myself for two hours straight, not fun. I wish I could change things, I wouldn't be the first one to vote for ST ( I was really eager to start the game, that's all :( (since I was the one who suggested to repeat it)), but somebody would have done it anyway so... I'm just going in circles with this.

Actually I don't even think that Imp should replace me, he knows why because I'll probably die tonight so who cares.

Nice game Impervious, sorry...

Have fun guys...

Edited by andromeda

Wow!!! I went through a lot of posts to end up believing that Andromeda is indeed a goodie. But don't stress Andro, I think this is all part of the game. I know reaymond was hard on you (big time), but he was very suspicious of you.

I believe you Andromeda you're an almost confirmed goodie, someone please save andromeda since she argues being an important role...

We'll see what happens on night 2