Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 star_tiger

star_tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2407 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:08 PM

I think it is a very good idea, Jrod! There are a couple of flaws here and there, and most of them were mentioned in some of the above comments. I think it could work, but the moderators would have a lot of work to do, and most BD people will use this thread solely to get their questions answered. There are also little problems like how will the questions be asked (a new topic for each one will get hectic, whilst more than one question on a thread can get a bit confusing). It's definitely an interesting suggestion though!

#12 peace*out

peace*out

Adult Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4891 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:49 PM

I think we need a venting catagory where poeple vent and BDers help them out.

Especially if it's about BD.

#13 akaslickster

akaslickster

SLICK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4852 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:43 AM

Now when I was a kid, we went to the library and did research with the card catalogs. I am not opposed to your idea at all. I just think that there are many other places on-line or by telephone or library, to get the help required.
This site has a multitude of forums and, perhaps, it's not as necessary as it seems. :D
Posted ImageThe place where peace begins is within oneself. by Slick

#14 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3054 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:18 PM

Man, you know what I hate most? When teachers made you site 2+ books in your projects/essays and say you can only use the internet for one of your three resources. I remember once I put "<website>, my logic, and my critical thinking". Didn't get a very good bibliography grade, but who cares.

Edited by Izzy, 25 January 2009 - 03:18 PM.

#15 peace*out

peace*out

Adult Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4891 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:06 PM

Man, you know what I hate most? When teachers made you site 2+ books in your projects/essays and say you can only use the internet for one of your three resources. I remember once I put "<website>, my logic, and my critical thinking". Didn't get a very good bibliography grade, but who cares.

curiosity killed the cat......

.....And so did experimenting with bibliographies...

So my vote? Yes.

VOTE:
yes:

Peace

No:

#16 akaslickster

akaslickster

SLICK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4852 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:44 PM

curiosity killed the cat......

.....And so did experimenting with bibliographies...

So my vote? Yes.

VOTE:
yes:

Peace

Akaslickster -stipulating you are using it for learning and not an exuse, just to play Mafia. :lol:

No:

Posted ImageThe place where peace begins is within oneself. by Slick

#17 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5776 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:30 AM

Check out math and physics help sites that are out there now.

They have a protocol which could be a model for use here.
Especially the part about [not] giving answers per se, but helping to find the right approach, etc.

I would be willing to participate, with no guarantee of time of response, as I'm sure others would.

- bn
The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution.
- Bertrand Russell

#18 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:51 AM

"Homework Help" forum is a great idea. There is a lot of kids and a lot of smart people skilled in many fields here.

Rules for the forum are already prepared and the main focus is on HELP with homework and not doing homework for someone.

Check "Miscellaneous" section for the new forum - coming soon. All willing to help could write their field of expertise in the first topic (sticky) in the new forum.

Thanks to all willing to help with homework.

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

"To start: Press any key... Where's the 'any' key?" - Homer Simpson

#19 IDoNotExist

IDoNotExist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1304 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:02 AM

"Homework Help" forum is a great idea. There is a lot of kids and a lot of smart people skilled in many fields here.

Rules for the forum are already prepared and the main focus is on HELP with homework and not doing homework for someone.

Check "Others" section for the new forum - coming soon. All willing to help could write their field of expertise in the first topic (sticky) in the new forum.

Thanks to all willing to help with homework.

This is a great idea! I hope I can contribute somehow.

#20 peace*out

peace*out

Adult Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4891 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:13 AM

Check "Others" section for the new forum - coming soon. All willing to help could write their field of expertise in the first topic (sticky) in the new forum.

So it will be a topic in Others, or a catagory in Misc.?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users