BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Treasure Hunt #6 –Message in the Book

Chapter 1: BluePrint to the victory

Chapter 2: Secret Tunnel

Chapter 3: What should they do?

Chapter 4: Secret of the BluePrint

Chapter 5: The Original Study Room

Andromeda took out the book carefully ensuring not touching any other books there. By the time they walked out from the room. It was another morning. The sun rays dropped on the corridor through the windows.

They kept flipping the book to see what will be the next quest. Suddenly a few peaces of paper dropped from the book. After assembling, they got the whole picture like this:

post-5257-1231388204.jpg

“Ok, time for another round of puzzle-solving brain work!” andromeda told the gang.

“What? We have been sleeping for a night!” ST looked at andromeda with her tiring eyes.

What does this peace of paper tell?

• Answers 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

unfortunately, again, work has gotten in the way...I just started on this tonight, seems many have done much of the work....

could what your looking for be?

Bring the table napkin next door.

???

unfortunately, again, work has gotten in the way...I just started on this tonight, seems many have done much of the work....

could what your looking for be?

Bring the table napkin next door.

???

you left one 2 letters word, which is represent by 43 ;)

Bring the table napkin (43) next door :D

Once you fill in this one, this case is totally resolved.

The problem is Woon that I know about this formula

periodifrekv.gif

(but instead of f there is letter nu from the Greek alphabet, btw we used the Greek letter in high school so I new the formula) and that is why I had no idea what are you talking about because you needed a letter from the English alphabet... :(

Edited by andromeda

The problem is Woon that I know about this formula

periodifrekv.gif

(but instead of f there is letter nu from the Greek alphabet, btw we used the Greek letter in high school so I new the formula) and that is why I had no idea what are you talking about because you needed a letter from the English alphabet... :(

I see. But wy didn't you try about this one before I post that hint? :huh:

You have worked so close.

Edited by woon

I see. But wy didn't you try about this one before I post that hint? :huh:

You have worked so close.

Woon... you do realize that we spent more than 20 posts guessing something that's absolutely unnecessary!!!

Connecting the numbers in the number sequence with how many times the lines intersect across a certain letter is not that obvious but it's something we would have noticed after looking at it. So instead of looking at the picture and the number sequence we were trying to solve something we don't need (actually I think that lazboy noticed that, so why did you insist on solving the first hint??). I thought that we would get an additional word that would help us solve the riddle... I don't... I can't... the rest of it is quite brilliant actually, but I just don't get it?? Why the whole tera thing?? Besides that "hint" is very far fetched...

Edited by andromeda

you left one 2 letters word, which is represent by 43 ;)

Bring the table napkin (43) next door :D

Once you fill in this one, this case is totally resolved.

I dont want to take credit for this, Dawg came up with the solution.

BRING THE TABLE NAPKIN TO NEXT DOOR

Same meaning, just completes the puzzle.

Edited by IDoNotExist

Woon... you do realize that we spent more than 20 posts guessing something that's absolutely unnecessary!!!

Connecting the numbers in the number sequence with how many times the lines intersect across a certain letter is not that obvious but it's something we would have noticed after looking at it. So instead of looking at the picture and the number sequence we were trying to solve something we don't need (actually I think that lazboy noticed that, so why did you insist on solving the first hint??). I thought that we would get an additional word that would help us solve the riddle... I don't... I can't... the rest of it is quite brilliant actually, but I just don't get it?? Why the whole tera thing?? Besides that "hint" is very far fetched...

OMG I just typed a very long reply, and when I submitted it, I got a "page cannot be displayed" error. :angry::angry: Stupid internet!! Hopefully I can remember everything I just wrote...

So it looks like I missed out on a lot of conversation about this last night.

I see how the hint of "frequency" relates to the solution of the puzzle, but what a difficult hint it was! More difficult than the puzzle itself, I'd say. So we have the letters DGHKLPX with a frequency of 1 line crossing them, ABIR with a frequency of 2, EO with 3, and NT with 4. Using all possible combinations of these letters in the final message, we have some different possibilities:

22241 can be BRAND, BRINK, or BRING

42213 can be TABLE, TRADE, or TRIKE

43 can be TO or NO

4314 can be NEXT or TEXT

1332 can be DEER, LEER, PEER, POOR, or DOOR

While some of these combinations obviously make no sense, I'm not so sure "At this end, you need to bring the table napkin to next door" makes a lot of sense either, although I missed out on solving Chapters 1-5, and perhaps Chapter 7 will bring it into perspective for me. How many chapters to this puzzle will there be?

Now that I look at the puzzle more closely, I realize that the answer is, in fact, an anagram of the letter string I initially came up with from the first step of the puzzle (EKTILOPNRATIOGNRDEBTXNNAEBTHO). I'm pretty sure woon told me it was not. <_< The numbered message, it seems, is really only there to assist in solving the anagram, just as the synonyms in hint #2 were only there to assist in creating the words in the correct order (it can be done based solely on the atomic numbers clues as well, as long as you could figure out that the numbers in the bubbles were atomic numbers without another hint) Good puzzle, woon, but your hints and answers to questions about the hints and the puzzle itself were sometimes misleading.

OMG I just typed a very long reply, and when I submitted it, I got a "page cannot be displayed" error. :angry::angry: Stupid internet!! Hopefully I can remember everything I just wrote...

I see how the hint of "frequency" relates to the solution of the puzzle, but what a difficult hint it was! More difficult than the puzzle itself, I'd say. So we have the letters DGHKLPX with a frequency of 1 line crossing them, ABIR with a frequency of 2, EO with 3, and NT with 4. Using all possible combinations of these letters in the final message, we have some different possibilities:

43 can be TO or NO

4314 can be NEXT or TEXT

While some of these combinations obviously make no sense, I'm not so sure "At this end, you need to bring the table napkin to next door" makes a lot of sense either, although I missed out on solving Chapters 1-5, and perhaps Chapter 7 will bring it into perspective for me. How many chapters to this puzzle will there be?

Now that I look at the puzzle more closely, I realize that the answer is, in fact, an anagram of the letter string I initially came up with from the first step of the puzzle (EKTILOPNRATIOGNRDEBTXNNAEBTHO). I'm pretty sure woon told me it was not. <_< The numbered message, it seems, is really only there to assist in solving the anagram, just as the synonyms in hint #2 were only there to assist in creating the words in the correct order (it can be done based solely on the atomic numbers clues as well, as long as you could figure out that the numbers in the bubbles were atomic numbers without another hint) Good puzzle, woon, but your hints and answers to questions about the hints and the puzzle itself were sometimes misleading.

Thank you for the elaborate post!

I totally agree on both hints actually... both absolutely unnecessary!

:) The second one was really just assisting, but the first one had a mind of it's own! :lol: (It could have been anything really)

Napkin

is just there for me to wipe my nose! *sniff* It was minus 14 C in my country this morning!

:D I love ccccold!

Edited by andromeda

43 can be TO or NO

4314 can be NEXT or TEXT

Yay! I notice that I have make wrong statement and that's why I repost another statement say solving hint 1 will help you but I think I have misleading you to far far away.

Thousand appologise on this. I must learn how to control my response otherwise I will misleading many others then.

How many chapters? I don't know either. Maybe 2, maybe 3. I will not simply post the quest without carefully design the riddles. Should not do it in the rush.

Sigh.

Thank you for the elaborate post!

woon: Both unnecessary? Ok, I know how I will design the next riddles. <_<

Napkin

is just there for me to wipe my nose! *sniff* It was minus 14 C in my country this morning!

:D I love ccccold!

I totally agree on both hints actually... both absolutely unnecessary!
:) The second one was really just assisting, but the first one had a mind of it's own! :lol: (It could have been anything really)

Yay! I will make sure I put that in the story.

:( Ah well, i had my fun... Sorry i didn't help (that much) (school)

Edited by Riddle Master Zack

The Closing of Chapter 6

"ST, I can see how tire you and Dawg are. Why don't you take a rest first?" Andromeda suggested.

"Ok, we will take a nap at the room next door," said ST and Dawg.

"Me too," JeeSee followed.

So the corridor left andromeda and Zack look at the riddle. Then Zack's senior, Lazboy, came to them. According to him, Zack's parent were worried last night due to Zack wasn't at home for the whole night. So Lazboy make a try to check in this so called haunted house.

When andromeda proposed that maybe the small triangle on each bubbles should be joined by line based on certain condition, Lazboy quickly sported out it was based on the chemistry periodic table pattern to track each missing symbols for each word. Soon, they listed down the 29 letters, where the lines passed through: EKTILOPNRATIOGNRDEBTXNNAEBTHO

Lazboy and andromeda couldn't help showing the happiness on their faces. They almost know how to solve this riddles already. "Could we skip the hint 1?" asked andromeda to Lazboy "It's seems a bit misleading there. When I look at the hint 1, somehow there is some weak signal in my brain keep interrupting (that's me <_<)."

"I have that kind of feeling too," Lazboy replied.

"I think you can just omitted the hint 1, it just simply mean the frequency." Dawg suddenly popped out from the back of Lazboy, Andromeda and Zack.

"Dawg, I thought you have gone for taking a nap?" andromeda asked.

"Sort of, but I was been awaken by someout here keep asking "whatelse is related to rate?" kind of questions"

"Oops, that's me." Zack showed his tounge out. "I spoke too loud"

"Never mind, I think we already solve the problem" Dawg said,

"Yes! by looking at all we have here, its clearly said that"

Bring the table napkin to next door (answered simultaneously by Dawg, Lazboy and andromeda)

"Next door, that's the room I just took a nap there. But where is the table napkin?" Dawg asked

"I have it" Andromeda answered. "Remember one of the guy attacak Professor Templeton said he wants back the items, one of them is pocket watch, the other one now I believe is the table napkin I took!"

"You took it from the secret room? A table napkin?" Dawq seemed to be unbelievable.

"Yah, heehee, it was so dusty in that room and my nose suddenly keep sneezing so I just grabbed whatever I have near me to wipe my noses. And since then, it is with me." andromeda explained while all of them walked to the room next to study room.

ST had awaken when they entered to the room. She looked at them and asked "Have you solve the puzzle? Where should we go to now?"

"Here!" Dawg, andromeda, Lazboy, Zack answered at the same time.

~The End~

New characters added in: Lazboy

The Closing of Chapter 6

"ST, I can see how tire you and Dawg are. Why don't you take a rest first?" Andromeda suggested.

"Ok, we will take a nap at the room next door," said ST and Dawg.

"Me too," JeeSee followed.

So the corridor left andromeda and Zack look at the riddle. Then Zack's senior, Lazboy, came to them. According to him, Zack's parent were worried last night due to Zack wasn't at home for the whole night. So Lazboy make a try to check in this so called haunted house.

When andromeda proposed that maybe the small triangle on each bubbles should be joined by line based on certain condition, Lazboy quickly sported out it was based on the chemistry periodic table pattern to track each missing symbols for each word. Soon, they listed down the 29 letters, where the lines passed through: EKTILOPNRATIOGNRDEBTXNNAEBTHO

Lazboy and andromeda couldn't help showing the happiness on their faces. They almost know how to solve this riddles already. "Could we skip the hint 1?" asked andromeda to Lazboy "It's seems a bit misleading there. When I look at the hint 1, somehow there is some weak signal in my brain keep interrupting (that's me <_<)."

"I have that kind of feeling too," Lazboy replied.

"I think you can just omitted the hint 1, it just simply mean the frequency." Dawg suddenly popped out from the back of Lazboy, Andromeda and Zack.

"Dawg, I thought you have gone for taking a nap?" andromeda asked.

"Sort of, but I was been awaken by someout here keep asking "whatelse is related to rate?" kind of questions"

"Oops, that's me." Zack showed his tounge out. "I spoke too loud"

"Never mind, I think we already solve the problem" Dawg said,

"Yes! by looking at all we have here, its clearly said that"

Bring the table napkin to next door (answered simultaneously by Dawg, Lazboy and andromeda)

"Next door, that's the room I just took a nap there. But where is the table napkin?" Dawg asked

"I have it" Andromeda answered. "Remember one of the guy attacak Professor Templeton said he wants back the items, one of them is pocket watch, the other one now I believe is the table napkin I took!"

"You took it from the secret room? A table napkin?" Dawq seemed to be unbelievable.

"Yah, heehee, it was so dusty in that room and my nose suddenly keep sneezing so I just grabbed whatever I have near me to wipe my noses. And since then, it is with me." andromeda explained while all of them walked to the room next to study room.

ST had awaken when they entered to the room. She looked at them and asked "Have you solve the puzzle? Where should we go to now?"

"Here!" Dawg, andromeda, Lazboy, Zack answered at the same time.

~The End~

New characters added in: Lazboy

Lol, I love how our arrival at the solution plays out in story form. And I just went back and read Chapters 1-5, so I'm ready for Chapter 7! B))