Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Battle for Mt Olympus

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#201 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:16 PM

Just checking in. I got all night actions, but now I need some more in response to some of them. Basically, I'm waiting on a few return PMs and I'll make the night post tonight if they come in by then. :) Go Eagles! :D ...well, now that the Chargers are out... <_<

#202 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:49 AM

Night 6: The Oath of Pain

The depleted Trojan force began to pant and clutch their knees. Hector rounded on them and swore that he would lead them to victory even if he was the last Trojan to live. His words hit his men's hearts and souls and lifted their spirits renewing their will to fight on. "No matter what happens, I will fight for you all to my death. And I vow that if I should die on this night, my skills shall not be lost to you." Hector drew his short sword and slashed his palm. He clenched his fist and drew it to his chin, blood dripping from it. "I make this blood oath that I shall protect the young Prince Paris and bestow on him all my ability should I die. Fear not Trojans. Though we are weakened, our land will be preserved this night. And though we may lose, our spirits will never die!" The young Prince Paris was lifted by his brother's words. But he asked himself if he'd have what it took to fight for his life when it came down to it. He was still unsure of this, but managed to wear the face of a warrior despite his indecisiveness. Hector looked into his brother's eyes and gave him a satisfied clap on the shoulder. "Fear not my brother. I will not let harm befall you this night."

The Achaeans revved themselves up. All yelling and pounding their spears as if they had already won. Odysseus and Diomedes smiled with bloodlust. Even the wise old Nestor had taken up spear and seemed to be speaking to himself. Some of the other Achaeans took notice and could almost see the man's appearance brighten and look youthful for an instant. Then Nestor turned to them and stared them down. Not a one could meet the old warrior's gaze. Odysseus took up his spear and pointed it up at Hector's diminished force. "It's over Trojans! It's over Mankiller! Do yourself a favor and take your own lives! It will be much less painful then if we have to charge up this hill to take them from you by force!" The Achaeans all laughed, but suddenly became silent when they saw the words had invigorated Hector. It looked as if his eyes were hot fire as he charged down toward them.

Hector reached the Achaeans on horseback, spearing one after the other. "This battle isn't over..." he slew another. "Until we say it is over!" and flung the corpse into another Achaean. "I will not take any more of your verbal lashings..." spearing through two men, "...coward Odysseus! Too afraid to take me on in a fair fight! Always ready to sacrifice another in your place! What gives you..." stabbing his spear into the ground and loosing the bodies from it, "the priveledge?! Now join me Trojans and we shall cut through these cowards like a scythe through grass!" Paris took up Hector's flank and quickly unloaded arrow after piercing arrow through the Achaean's necks and underarms with perfect accuracy to avoid their armor. Hector rounded on reaymond. Odysseus saw that reaymond had not a chance against such a foe. He raised a hidden chain in the gorund and ran with it around Hector's warhorse. The horse fell and Hector toppled with it. Hector never lost his composure though, so when Odysseus attempted the fatal blow Hector grabbed his spear and launched Odysseus over his fallen horse and right into Paris. Joe's Student saw the commotion and knew he must save the young Prince. Odysseus turned to impale Paris, but his blade went through the diving JS in his stead. JS' blood covered Paris' face, who turned his stallion and fled in complete disarray and abandon for his fellow Trojans.

Diomedes stalked the battlefield, looking for his prey. But when he found JS already dead, he did not sigh in relief. Rather, he screamed a curse that the one he wanted to kill with his own spear was already dead. He was robbed of his prize. His anger over this injustice carried him on through the Trojan ranks slaying one after the other in a vicious frenzy.

As reaymond brushed the dirt off his shoulder and readied for more action, there came a soft yet unsettling voice from behind him. "You're not going anywhere." And when reaymond turned to look at the beauty Helen, he indeed heeded her words and fell incapacitated to the ground. Just before dawn, Odysseus found reaymond and slapped the man to his senses. "Her again?" "Wha..? Oh yes... Yes! Odysseus you simply must see her some night. You wouldn't believe your eyes." Odyseeus dropped reaymond's head back down onto the soil with a thud. reaymond's breath and mind were still enamored with this woman. Odysseus shook his head as he returned to the ships. "Hmmm. Though illogical, curiosity of her beauty is actually starting to overwhelm my senses. Maybe I'll take a peak tomorrow. ...with ample preparation for any ill will that seems to shroud her existence of course." He kept mumbling on as he passed his soldiers who all snickered a bit at the first time they saw General Odysseus contemplate such an absurdity.

Host: itachi
1) A. Person
2) Prof. Templeton
3) Frost -DEAD
4) dawh [Olympian]
5) Cherry Lane -DEAD
6) Twin Pop -DEAD [Trojan]
7) LIS -DEAD
8) SomeGuy
9) Joe's Student -DEAD
10) GC
11) PG
12) reaymond
13) impervious -DEAD
14) O'mally
15) unreality -DEAD
16) Brandonb [Achaean]
17) Y-San -DEAD [Achaean]

Day 6 begins now and ends in 24 hours. This outcome is looking an awful lot like the Iliad though... ;)

#203 Brandonb

Brandonb

The Accused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3004 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:58 PM

OK, I guess I'll start it... though I guess it doesn't really matter which one is lynched :P

1) A. Person
2) Prof. Templeton
3) Frost -DEAD
4) dawh [Olympian]
5) Cherry Lane -DEAD
7) LIS -DEAD
8) SomeGuy
9) Joe's Student -DEAD
10) GC
11) PG
12) reaymond
13) impervious -DEAD
14) O'mally
15) unreality -DEAD
16) Brandonb [Achaean] voting for - A. Person

#204 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:56 PM

OK, I guess I'll start it... though I guess it doesn't really matter which one is lynched :P

yeah, I asked if they just wanted to end it all last night, but they didn't. I'll probably end the day early with a few more votes and try to wrap up the game by tonight. B))

#205 reaymond

reaymond

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1324 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:34 PM

1) A. Person
2) Prof. Templeton
3) Frost -DEAD
4) dawh [Olympian]
5) Cherry Lane -DEAD
7) LIS -DEAD
8) SomeGuy
9) Joe's Student -DEAD
10) GC
11) PG
12) reaymond voting for - A. Person
13) impervious -DEAD
14) O'mally
15) unreality -DEAD

I shall follow suit then ;)

#206 SomeGuy

SomeGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:36 PM

Achaeans: Are you certain that this fight will be over ere the night ends? That it will end with a kill, and not a lynch?

#207 puzzlegirl

puzzlegirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1450 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:53 PM

1) A. Person
2) Prof. Templeton
3) Frost -DEAD
4) dawh [Olympian]
5) Cherry Lane -DEAD
7) LIS -DEAD
8) SomeGuy
9) Joe's Student -DEAD
10) GC
11) PG - voting for ALL of you wretched Achaeans!!!!! :angry:
12) reaymond
13) impervious -DEAD
14) O'mally
15) unreality -DEAD

#208 Prof. Templeton

Prof. Templeton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1664 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:15 PM

Achaeans: Are you certain that this fight will be over ere the night ends? That it will end with a kill, and not a lynch?

We can safely lynch 1 more Trojan, after that no more Trojans will be lynched. ;) Whether it ends tonight or not.

1) A. Person
2) Prof. Templeton voting for - A. Person
3) Frost -DEAD
4) dawh [Olympian]
5) Cherry Lane -DEAD
7) LIS -DEAD
8) SomeGuy
9) Joe's Student -DEAD
10) GC
13) impervious -DEAD
14) O'mally
15) unreality -DEAD

#209 SomeGuy

SomeGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:49 PM

1) A. Person
2) Prof. Templeton voting for - A. Person
3) Frost -DEAD
4) dawh [Olympian]
5) Cherry Lane -DEAD
7) LIS -DEAD
8) SomeGuy - Voting for PuzzleGirl
9) Joe's Student -DEAD
10) GC
13) impervious -DEAD
14) O'mally
15) unreality -DEAD

Very well, then if you want to be sure you get one, then I recommend that you lynch the other one. She will not die, but will definitely cause a death in her stead.

#210 Brandonb

Brandonb

The Accused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3004 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:24 PM

Well, the longest lasting scenario for this game is that today A. Person survives the lynch, then tonight we kill A. Person but not PG. Meanwhile, Paris will be unable to kill any of us in return (b/c Odysseus will block her). Then, the next day will not even occur b/c we will have the votes to lynch PG, but she could get lucky and live through that lynch. So then we would just kill her that night.

All this is assuming that A. Person lives through the day AND that we don't double up our kills on Paris tonight so that the first gets deflected to A. Person and the second would kill PG.

So yeah... either way the game will end tonight. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users