Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Battle for Mt Olympus

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#11 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:37 PM

So much nicer to have this on a forum that works :)

Yeah, only I'm still waiting on Night info...

#12 Prince_Marth85

Prince_Marth85

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1405 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:22 PM

So much nicer to have this on a forum that works :)

So much nicer to have this on a forum I can access from work :P

#13 Brandonb

Brandonb

The Accused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3004 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:51 PM

ALERT TO THE ACHAEANS!!! and Agamemnon in particular!
Tonight Diomedes should not attack.
Nestor should choose Agamemnon
Menelaus should choose to save me (Brandonb)

Agamemnon should guess the three above actions. (So they all gain BTSC)

Odysseus should guess:
1. That Priam will guess one (choose one in particular) of the above actions.
2. That Priam will guess another (one different in particular) of the other above actions.
3. That Priam will guess this current action that I am instructing.
(So that Priam will be all-round nullified if he tries to guess ANY of those actions that the Players/Agamemnon/Odysseus, in order for all of the actions will go through safely without Priam learning any IDs)

OK Achaeans! I hope it's not too late for this instruction! :P

#14 SomeGuy

SomeGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:58 PM

*stumbles out of his chair at the massive red text*

Good Lord. I guess someone's going to take charge :) Well, that should make this prove interesting. However, I think that a lot of the night actions have already been sent.

#15 dawh

dawh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:01 PM

Things are getting interesting... :ph34r: (if a bit late in the night... :P )

#16 Lost in space

Lost in space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:49 PM

ALERT TO THE ACHAEANS!!!
OK Achaeans! I hope it's not too late for this instruction! :P

*stumbles out of his chair at the massive red text*

:lol:
Nice one BandwagonB Brandonb that should do the trick! Now lets have a battle like real men - ATTACK! ATTACK! MY KINGDOM FOR A TAK well a horse will do Had to out do brandon - size matters

#17 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:50 AM

Night 2: Confusion throughout the Camps

Agamemnon sat by the shore peering away from the Trojan camp. The black waves continued to pound and crash against the ships. He looked to the sky almost in tears at the sacrifice one of his own men had to make to that fiendish Hera. "Just what am I to do? My mind is a flood of rage and sorrow and... despair. Great Lord Zeus please guide my mind, my body, my sword. Help me find my lost men among these accursed beaches. Having them scattered so is tearing at my heart."

As Agamemnon pleaded to Zeus, who favored him and considered him a General among generals, the trustworthy old warrior Nestor walked slowly up beside his commander. "How worried you look Agamemnon. This is not the Agamemnon I know. The boy I watched become the most brilliant tactician of his age. Leader of the Achaean fleet and supreme General, favored by Lord Zeus himself."

Agamemnon: Thank you my old friend. But it seems even Zeus has turned his back on me. No matter how much I ask and plead and sacrifice he refuses to show me a sign, a path, any means to victory. I've lost one of my finest men and now I sit in despair and weakness and Zeus laughs.

Nestor: Oh I don't think he's laughing my Lord. No, just the opposite I'm sure. Zeus finds himself divided between his love for you and his love of the Trojan King Priam. Expect no favor from him, but do not fear his wrath or his neglect. He's watching and waiting. Waiting for you to become the pillar this group needs. A sturdy foundation of unrivaled mind and physical dominance. Take up your sword of Kings and rally your men. You will feel Zeus within your heart as yours warms while you do what you were born to do. You were born to lead these men. You were born to take Troy.

Agamemnon looked over at Nestor's serious face and felt renewed vigilance. He breathed in sharply and exhaled all his sorrow and regret. Then the fire returned to his eyes and he began rallying the Achaeans into exhilaration.

Diomedes took in every word from his Captain-Commander's mouth. Agamemnon set a fire in his heart that could only be quenched with the kill of a worthy adversary. He stalked out into the night. He slew soldier after soldier in a riveting display of skill, until he saw a twinkle in the eye of someone among the shore. He disregarded all other warriors and pushed them aside, stepping closer and closer to his prey. He had a feeling this one was of key importance to the battle and would not leave his sight alive. Diomedes reached the man and spun him around by his shoulder. "What is your name?" "I am Lost in Space." "Lost are you? Then allow me to guide you to your final resting place in Tartarus."

LIS' eyes widened as the spear sank deep into his midsection. The seemingly possessed Diomedes let his foe slide off the spear to die on the ground and then continued to fight on slaying fighter after fighter, Agamemnon's encouragement ringing in his ears.

Calchus remained hidden among the twisted, intertwining rocks and spires of erosion along the coast. He sat just out of reach of the crashing waves and huddled under his cloak. He continued to rock back and forth, shivering and muttering to himself:

Troy's confusion fills the putrid air
Achaea's confusion leads to great despair
Each side far too blinded to see
Each side not yet meant for me
Brave Agenor wasting his time
Another man destined to die
Confusion smothering us all
But one side destined to fall

Host: itachi
1) Limeliam
2) Prof. Templeton
3) Frost
4) dawh
5) Cherry Lane
6) Star Tiger
7) LIS -DEAD
8) SomeGuy
9) Joe's Student
10) GC
11) PG
12) reaymond
13) impervious
14) O'mally
15) unreality
16) Brandonb
17) Y-San -DEAD [Achaean]

Day 2 begins now and ends in 24 hours. Thanks for playing LIS! These coins are 2-headed monsters...

#18 Lost in space

Lost in space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:21 AM

Thanks for playing LIS! These coins are 2-headed monsters...

What you cheated!! :lol: Lets hope it does not take two days, God in his infinite wisdom decreed it so

Have fun all - popcorn pls Kat

#19 Prof. Templeton

Prof. Templeton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1664 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:32 AM

I've been expecting someone to do what Brandonb did. It was only a matter of time since most are stumbling around in the dark. Actually it more likely to come from the Achaeans since they lost a player already. About that, Y-san was asking Athena to stop the sacrifice by saying she was an Achaean. Did she not believe her or does she have to decide to end sacrifices before the day starts I wonder.

#20 star_tiger

star_tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2407 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:44 AM

I've been expecting someone to do what Brandonb did. It was only a matter of time since most are stumbling around in the dark. Actually it more likely to come from the Achaeans since they lost a player already. About that, Y-san was asking Athena to stop the sacrifice by saying she was an Achaean. Did she not believe her or does she have to decide to end sacrifices before the day starts I wonder.

"Athena (The Goddess of Wisdom in War - fights for and wins with the Achaeans): May stop the Sacrifice any Day, but not twice in a row. If only Odysseus and Athena remain for the Achaeans, Athena will begin killing each day (in addition to the sacrifice) with 100% accuracy. Her dying does not impact Odysseus' role information of living Achaeans."
I got the impression that Athena decides to whether or not stop the Sacrifice the day of. I guess Athena didn't believe Y-san's Achaean-identity or wasn't on...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users