Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 Shakeepuddn

Shakeepuddn

Sir Shakelot

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:23 AM

I regret the biker part. Only meant to distract. Here's a re-write that is much better:

Outside at night, the thief lowers his helmet visor and eyes the prize within the house; he can see it. If he can reach it, his fellow gang members will embrace him. Carefully and quietly he creeps closer, ever cautious that his approach goes undetected by the guard protecting it. His surreptitious movements are being closely monitored and recorded by cameras. He knows but doesn’t care. Then suddenly, a delivery boy brings a hot order for the hungry guard. Seeing this, one of the tenants nearby quickly brandishes a stick and knocks the order to the ground before the Guard takes it. Without question, he and the thief are in cahoots. The second gang member then chucks the stick toward the guard and runs madly from his home; screaming and arms waving everywhere. The thief takes this opportunity by rushing for the prize. The guard, having picked up his order, sees the thief and runs to intercept him. The thief attacks the guard now standing in the way and knocks him on his back, as the guard’s order spills worthlessly on the ground. The thief then lays his eager hands on the prize. But wait! It doesn’t move! He cannot lift it from its place! The angry guard scrambles to get up, hampered by his body armor. But satisfied in this accomplishment alone, and not wanting to face the wrath of the guard, the thief dashes away toward the nearest ditch, his escape ensured.

What was the prize?

#12 ArmyPfcMI

ArmyPfcMI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:25 AM

I believe that the prize is laying under the guard making it very hard to grab the prize. The prize is not specified as being the Harley Davidson because the prize is "within the house." It is hard to believe the customized bike is just laying inside the house with a guard protecting it from the inside. From there I am completely lost.

#13 Shakeepuddn

Shakeepuddn

Sir Shakelot

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:33 AM

I believe that the prize is laying under the guard making it very hard to grab the prize. The prize is not specified as being the Harley Davidson because the prize is "within the house." It is hard to believe the customized bike is just laying inside the house with a guard protecting it from the inside. From there I am completely lost.

Read the re-write. Ignore the biker stuff.
Spoiler for help

#14 AmaHanaKo

AmaHanaKo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:37 AM

Spoiler for Is it...

#15 Shakeepuddn

Shakeepuddn

Sir Shakelot

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:02 AM

Spoiler for Is it...

Spoiler for Hmmm

#16 Gambit

Gambit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:28 AM

Spoiler for long shot...
<_<

#17 mrfischer

mrfischer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:27 PM

Spoiler for guess

Edited by mrfischer, 06 January 2009 - 12:37 PM.

#18 gotnoworrys

gotnoworrys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:40 PM

Oh brother. It's a sports thing?!?!?! I think I wasted my time.

#19 Shw

Shw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:37 PM

Man i am lost... :unsure: :blink:

Is there a hint in the story itself that I am overlooking?

#20 importmonkey

importmonkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:14 PM

Spoiler for MY GUESS

Edited by importmonkey, 06 January 2009 - 02:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users