BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

X-Men Mafia

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts exactly. :D

Man I hope we don't have to go through this again..

:lol: , don't bet on it ;) Gosh, my brain is going to explode with the whole X-men vs. SWM thing...been on those two threads for at least 2 hours now :P

go figure..I get the 'Off the computer! ultimatum and she is still reading! Procrastination never stops! So I wait with baited breath fro the story. I bet he is writing it as I type this..

go figure..I get the 'Off the computer! ultimatum and she is still reading! Procrastination never stops! So I wait with baited breath fro the story. I bet he is writing it as I type this..

:lol: , I'm sure most of the mafiaholics are known for procrastination :P I hope you don't get into too much trouble... :(

IMPERVIOUS! You aren't suppose to be sleeping yet <_<

Wow... there was a lot to read... :)

Impervious where are you?

This is a "Glad I'm not a Mod" moment. :D

It's 7:16PM Impervious's time, and the latest I can see him staying out is 'til.. 3 AM? And I doubt the first thing he's going to do when he comes home is read 20ish pages of posts. So, except a day post tomorrow morning. :D

Day 1

Randomnity

It was the next day and a commotion was occurring outside Worthington Laboratories. All those who attended the previous day’s lecture, except for the two who died of course, were arguing back and forth.

Izzy: if there’s a war going on, it needs to end. And the best way to end this would be to start taking away powers. Starting with……star_tiger!

star_tiger: Whatever Izzy, limeliam has been on my list so I think he should be first.

The group argued back and forth. It looked like peace*out was going to be forced to the front of the line. That is until star_tiger decided to speak up and say, “you know what? Izzy should go.” The group all started to agree one by one.

With that, Izzy was pushed to the front of the line.

Izzy: Hey hands off the merchandise! I can walk myself, geeze! Besides, I actually think we shoulda got that guy who gave us the lecture injected instead…

Dr. Worthington strapped Izzy into the table and reached for the needle. With a little squirt he cleared out the air and began to push the needle into her arm. Izzy struggled. Her wings expanded and broke the straps restraining her. A nearby nurse shot her with a stun gun and Izzy’s body went limp. Dr. Worthington stuck the needle into Izzys arm again and began to inject her. Just then, a strapping young man rushed in, punched Dr. Worthington, rendering him unconscious, scooped up Izzy and ran her out of the building.

Mystery man: You should be careful who you vote for. You never know if help will come your way again.

Izzy, still recovering from the stun gun shot, closed her eyes and opened them again. She looked up to see the face of her savior, only to see the mystery man rushing off to yet another party, or something.

Night 1: Unforseen Circumstances

Day 1: Randomnity

Host: Impervious

1. star_tiger

2. reaymond

3. A. Person

4. peace*out

5. Izzy [injected][Angel]

6. Limeliam

7. Lost In Space [dead-killed by Stryker][Professor X]

8. DMS172

9. Someguy

10. Puzzlegirl

11. Twin Pop

12.twin_bro

13. andromeda

14. crazypainter

15. JarZe

16. Woon [dead – killed by Sabretooth]

edit: added links to night and day posts

Edited by Impervious

Wow... Thank god I was asleep, I would never have been able to keep up typing in my phone. Well done to Izzy for saving a goodie in day 1! A save will definitely be needed tonight for her...

My next point would have been about RT. The only word I could have used to describe her is... Suspicious. Post 160 - how is that off topic? It seems that you were trying to end the conversation before you ended up giving out info on yourself. A goodie wouldn't be scared to out themselves so... Also, like others have mentioned a few of your posts are a bit weird aswell.

About JarZe. Yes this is his first mafia, I was "tutoring" him before it started, and with the amount of info I gave him I don't blame him for not posting too much :P

Edited by reaymond

Wow... Thank god I was asleep, I would never have been able to keep up typing in my phone. Well done to Izzy for saving a goodie in day 1! A save will definitely be needed tonight for her...

My next point would have been about RT. The only word I could have used to describe her is... Suspicious. Post 160 - how is that off topic? It seems that you were trying to end the conversation before you ended up giving out info on yourself. A goodie wouldn't be scared to out themselves so... Also, like others have mentioned a few of your posts are a bit weird aswell.

About JarZe. Yes this is his first mafia, I was "tutoring" him before it started, and with the amount of info I gave him I don't blame him for not posting too much :P

Thank-you very much, Izzy!! We all appreciate it!!! (well, the goodies anyways)

RT - on my radar now :o

JarZe - do I really want to know what reay has been "tutoring" to the poor guy? :lol:

Ok, so someone definitely should save Izzy, but I think if a goodie saving role does not already have a target, they should save Peace. Also, looking back, I'm getting rather suspicious of Twin Pop as well as the above listed people...he switched his vote to Izzy much later until it looks like Izzy will get lynched anyways, and he seemed very reluctant to believe her and Peace. Not too sure though... -_-

About JarZe. Yes this is his first mafia, I was "tutoring" him before it started, and with the amount of info I gave him I don't blame him for not posting too much

Sorry guys I had a lot to do last night and couldn't keep up with the reading... At first I saw a weird link between Izzy and Peace... Now that I read the rest of the 3+ pages I realize how wrong I was... I believe this is due to my mafia rookie status :blush: Sorry I was gonna kill one of the good ones :blush:

Anyways, thanks to all of you who DID take the right advice and especially to Izzy for promoting such good actions, without all your deductions and information we would've lost an important role ;)

Oh, and yes this is my first mafia... I was bearly introduced to the whole thing by reay... But he never said it got this addictive... I woke up and HAD to check the results... Thank god nobody listens to me (since I'm a noob) ....

*EDIT* typos

Edited by JarZe

Yeah I agree with everyone on RT, like I said in a post before. Thinking about it Peace needs a save more than Izzy. Izzy outed herself to save peace and from all the posts before peace is an important goodie - wolverine/nighcrawler I think.

Personally I think we need to find and kill off stryker first. His wincon is based on pure luck depending on who he targets, so by killng him of saves pressure on wolverine and allows us to concentrate on the baddies without risking letting Stryker win.

If you must know what I told JarZe, I was merely emphasizing a few of the major points in URs guide and then spent a bit answering role specific questions for this (it was before roles were given out ;))

Whew! Boy was my radar off! This first day lynch bugs me. I get so paranoid. I start seeing clues everywhere! Then I start looking for type written in white.

How many of you do that? I try taking the first letter of each word and see if there is a code. So I apologize izzy. But it all worked out and you are still with us. :)

Jar, it is ok. My gaurdian angel the first game I played was Grey cells. He coached me along since we had btsc. And that was just a regular mafia! Oasis I think!

So I am happy you are getting the hang of it. And if you are a baddie then post your butt off so I can find some incriminating evidence!

Funny, I didnt have anywithdrawls from this game whilst on vacation..just watching those wolves play and hunt..thrilling!

edit: lame analogy removed

Edited by crazypainter

Whew! Boy was my radar off! This first day lynch bugs me. I get so paranoid. I start seeing clues everywhere! Then I start looking for type written in white.

How many of you do that? I try taking the first letter of each word and see if there is a code. So I apologize izzy. But it all worked out and you are still with us. :)

Jar, it is ok. My gaurdian angel the first game I played was Grey cells. He coached me along since we had btsc. And that was just a regular mafia! Oasis I think!

So I am happy you are getting the hang of it. And if you are a baddie then post your butt off so I can find some incriminating evidence!

Funny, I didnt have anywithdrawls from this game whilst on vacation..just watching those wolves play and hunt..thrilling!

edit: lame analogy removed

:lol: , funny that you mentioned that. I was staring at the post where you listed the places where you went at your Serbian vacation, trying to decipher some code (maybe she's trying to communicate slyly to the host like PT in Mafiaholics? Or maybe she's a baddie working with Stryker? Or maybe she is Stryker!)

You're lucky you got a guardian angel in your first mafia. I ended up being the independent in mine :P

Anyways, I think the goodies should save both Izzy and Peace, just in case the baddies want to get rid of Izzy, and the baddies and maybe Stryker want to get rid of Peace. I was hoping that Nightcrawler will protect Peace, if he did not act last night. Also, if Nightcrawler acted on night 1 and Wolverine got attacked on night 2, does Nightcrawler still save Wolverine? I'm guessing it's a yes, since Wolverine's description says that he's invincible as long as Nightcrawler is alive. And I'm also guessing Nightcrawler doesn't successfully save Wolverine when Wolverine's attacked by Stryker? I think Jean Grey should save Izzy, unless Cyclops and Jean are absolutely positive on a baddie.

I've got Peace covered, someone save me please. :D

I'm not sure you are allowed to save tonight:

Under lynching: "Each day the players will vote to have one person taken to the front of the line at Worthington Laboratories to receive an injection. This injection has a 50% of failing and a 50% chance of killing. Once injected that player’s role is revealed. If the injection fails, that player will not be allowed to use their ability the next night or day, depending on that player’s role."

That's why I didn't ask you to save Peace :(

I will put in a good word for you Star tiger. (does saving dance for the gods of saving to protect st!)

BTW I was not in Serbia, just met two serbian gals in Cooke city, montana. I was mostly in Wyoming

visiting Yellowstone but Lamar Valley is Montana. Its where the Druid wolf pack is.