BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Star Wars Mafia

Hmm...that might take some getting used to. I don't know why DV would not kill though... reay, if you want to, may you please post a brief outline of stuff that you might take out? I usually play/strategize automatically assuming that all kills/saves/recruits are mentioned, so I may need to change some stuff up if things like kills might not be mentioned if the target is saved.

Also, if reay is taking out all saved kills, why was Impervious mentioned? Technically, he too was saved from the Imperials' group kill. Now I'm really confused :blink:

If DV tried to kill, I think it definitely would have been in the night post. Which makes me think DV used his RID ability instead.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't DV use both?

Yes, I think you're right. My mistake. Now I'm really confused why there was no kill attempt by DV. I can't imagine the baddies trading his kill for an extra RID. :blink:

I wonder if there's a possibility that reaymond forgot to write it into the night post. I know along with myself, he's playing several other mafias, and I (also hosting a Mafia) know that it's easy to get things confused and mixed up. I;m sure reaymond will clear things up for us when he awakens. With that I'm probably off for the next few hours. Gotta go work out :)

pff... Panther is still inactive and GC has been harassed by the cold so can't play either :( I will call ANOTHER reserve in, but otherwise we will need another player...

Sorry about DV :blush: Like impervious said, I got caught up with XMen mafia, and especially Mt O since incog was running extremely slow at that time. I can confirm that Darth Vader tried to kill Twin_Bro on the first night, but a save took place. I completely forgot to add it to my list to write in the host posts. Once again sorry for the inconvenience. So unless incog is running any faster now, I won't be back on here for another few days, trying to post this mistake in the hosting blunders :P Night post will be written now, with Panther/GC's action targetting nobody so will therefore be a failure, but the ability will be used nonetheless.

I new we should have offed Panther the first day! <_< We wouldn't be in this mess...

So Imp, it turns out your a goody (yes with a y :D) after all!

Well lets hope that those with the save ability payed attention :)

EDIT: I'm off to sleep soon! I hope I won't wake up just to find out that I'm dead :(

Edited by andromeda

I new we should have offed Panther the first day! <_< We wouldn't be in this mess...

So Imp, it turns out your a goody (yes with a y :D) after all!

Well lets hope that those with the save ability payed attention :)

told you so :P

anyway, let's cut the chatter until the night post comes in.

Night 2 – The slaughter begins

Emperor Palpatine could be seen briefing his new pilot on his latest mission. His aim was to kill Prince Marth. The Tie-fighter took his plane, and flew through the galaxies to meet his first kill. Palpatine had revealed that his spies has told him Marth would be flying his own fighter above Naboo, protecting the Queen. Marth was just a few minutes away and knew that this kill would earn him the respect he deserved...

Meanwhile, Darth Vader had matters of his own to attend to. More specifically, he had to kill Andromeda. Vader knew where she was and was already hunting her down, and just as he turned a corner Andromeda appeared right in front of him.

“Ah, just the goodie I was looking for”, he breathed through his facial mask.

It took just a moment for Vader to clasp his lightsaber, and one swipe through Andromeda dropped her to the floor, dead.

Unable to risk another failure, Palpatine took control of the group kill tonight. He had spent a lot of time debating on the forum (not with the host :P) and they had come to the conclusion that Twin_Pop it was better that he was not alive to see out the conclusion of this game. He summoned more storm troopers to bring him Twin_Pop, and in a matter of hours he had arrived to be executed by the fearsome Emperor. A quick blast of energy from his fingers, and just like Andromeda, Twin_Pop was dead on the floor, ready to be cleared away.

Just as Twin_Pop died, the Tie-Fighter pilot sighted that landing pad that Marth would be refuelling on, He locked is his missiles, a with a quick jerk of his thumb, missiles were flying toward the fighter. Luckily for Marth though, he didn't have a ship, so he lived to fight another day...

It was getting early now, but there was still just enough time left for Princess Leia to kill Skywalker. Leia had known that Skywalker was a bounty hunter all along, and she also knew that he would be flying past any second now. It had been too easy for Leia to “borrow” one of the Jedi’s stores of anti-air missiles, and even easier to load the weapon ready to fire. Leia was ready for Skywalker, and knew that she only had 1 shot to take down the mercenary. A flash of light in the distance caught her eye, and the shape of the front of his ship told Leia that Skywalker was nearing. When his plane was due to pass in front of her Leia had a perfect shot and hit one of the engines hidden under the wing. It couldn’t have been any simpler. The engine blew up, and the sheer heat from the explosion incinerated Skywalker before he could even scream.

Omnipresent God: Reaymond

1. DMS

2. Prince Marth

3. Silverheart

4. SomeGuy

5. Star Tiger

6. Peace

7. Izzy

8. Skywalker - [Pilot] Killed Night 2

9. Kat

10. Limeliam

11. Twin_Bro

12. A. Person

13. Riranor

14. Neptune - [boba Fett] Lynched Day 1

15. andromeda - Killed Night 2

16. Twin_Pop - Killed Night 2

17. Panther

18. Impervious

You have 3 days now whilst I am busy winning gold medals in Swansea (I have to otherwise Silverheart will kill me :P). Take your time discsussing this, and I will try and get a replacement for Panther asap. Let the lynching begin...

edit: roster ;)

Edited by reaymond

Sweet! another confirmed goodie. Welcome PM, No longer to you lie on my suspicious list :)

Anywho We have how many pilots left to be recruited as x-wing pilots now? And it looks as if Luke wasn't recruited...

Hmm. That wasn't a terribly good night. It narrows the list of baddies down a little (and not in the way I like to do it :P), but tonight is the first real threat of losing innocents. One of them may have even been at Leia's hands. Well, let's start looking at best/worst cases:

Boba Fett is dead. One of the neutral pilots is dead. Andromeda was killed by the baddies (and is therefore not a baddie), and Skywalker was killed by the goodies (and therefore could have been goodie/baddie/pilot). So, best case: Leia killed an Imperial. This is unlikely though. That would leave 3 Imperials (they recruited a pilot), and then the rest of us. Worst case is Leia killed a goodie (specific worst case is Yoda). That'd leave 4 baddies left.

We're not in BAD shape yet, but we need to be careful moving foward. This could very quickly swing against us.

Hmm. That wasn't a terribly good night. It narrows the list of baddies down a little (and not in the way I like to do it :P), but tonight is the first real threat of losing innocents. One of them may have even been at Leia's hands. Well, let's start looking at best/worst cases:

Boba Fett is dead. One of the neutral pilots is dead. Andromeda was killed by the baddies (and is therefore not a baddie), and Skywalker was killed by the goodies (and therefore could have been goodie/baddie/pilot). So, best case: Leia killed an Imperial. This is unlikely though. That would leave 3 Imperials (they recruited a pilot), and then the rest of us. Worst case is Leia killed a goodie (specific worst case is Yoda). That'd leave 4 baddies left.

We're not in BAD shape yet, but we need to be careful moving foward. This could very quickly swing against us.

Skywalker was a pilot (reaymond put it next to his name)

Just to clarify ;)

1. Andromeda + Twin_Pop were killed by baddies

2. Skywalker was UNrecruited pilot (if the pilot was Tie-Fighter/X-wing i would specify)

3. Boba Fett died Day 1

Hope that helps you Someguy, I'm feeling happy now, because I get a day off school tomorrow and I managed to get Night post up on time :P Ask me now if you need any questions answering. ;)

Just to clarify ;)

2. Skywalker was UNrecruited pilot (if the pilot was Tie-Fighter/X-wing i would specify)

3. Boba Fett died Day 1

Hope that helps you Someguy, I'm feeling happy now, because I get a day off school tomorrow and I managed to get Night post up on time :P Ask me now if you need any questions answering. ;)

if questions arise later, I can probably answer most (non-specific) questions for him.

Just to clarify ;)

3. Boba Fett died Day 1

Ah, thank you. Yeah, I hadn't finished rereading the night post yet >.>. *goes to update spreadsheet*

man if only i could be of some use in this discussion but i am a noob... and still a little confused about the roles... espicially pilots

Trust me, you aren't the only one. The pilot-recruiting roles are getting me confudled...

So, as SG mentioned, it looks like the most-likely scenario is 4 baddies vs. 10 goodies/independants (maybe 1 independant, 4 independent pilots, and 5 goodies?) (sorry if my math is wrong...my brain is going a bit nuts with school and an overload of mafias :P ). At least we still outnumber the Dark side :)

1 more question before I vote: Can non-independant pilots (ie. Chewbacca) be recruited to the dark side? And when abilities such as Princess Leia which mention pilots also refer to the non-independant pilots (ie. DV)?

Trust me, you aren't the only one. The pilot-recruiting roles are getting me confudled...

So, as SG mentioned, it looks like the most-likely scenario is 4 baddies vs. 10 goodies/independants (maybe 1 independant, 4 independent pilots, and 5 goodies?) (sorry if my math is wrong...my brain is going a bit nuts with school and an overload of mafias :P ). At least we still outnumber the Dark side :)

1 more question before I vote: Can non-independant pilots (ie. Chewbacca) be recruited to the dark side? And when abilities such as Princess Leia which mention pilots also refer to the non-independant pilots (ie. DV)?

No, only the independent roles can be recruited. The dark Side can only recruit one pilot and Luke or two pilots. period. Yoda or Leia (if Yoda is dead) can recruit the rest of the living pilots as well as Luke, pending successful RIDs.

I believe, only reaymond can confirm this, that if it were an attack on DV it would show up as such. This is due to the fact that independent pilots are just that, pilots, nothing more.

Hope that answered your question.

No, only the independent roles can be recruited. The dark Side can only recruit one pilot and Luke or two pilots. period. Yoda or Leia (if Yoda is dead) can recruit the rest of the living pilots as well as Luke, pending successful RIDs.

I believe, only reaymond can confirm this, that if it were an attack on DV it would show up as such. This is due to the fact that independent pilots are just that, pilots, nothing more.

Hope that answered your question.

Thanks, Impervious! I thought Leia can't recruit (description only says ability to kill), and that all the goodies had to depend on Yoda for recruitment?