Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Riddle of the Sphinx

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 no_go_zone

no_go_zone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:49 PM

Gollum asked Frodo this riddle when they were in the cave in The Hobbit! Easy! :P

#22 jazzhands

jazzhands

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:22 AM

It walks on 4 when its young, walks on 2 when its older, and walks on 3 when its very old?

Answer: Man.

This one was old when I was a child. I knew it as the Riddle of the Sphinx.

#23 harvey45

harvey45

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:47 AM

Gollum asked Frodo this riddle when they were in the cave in The Hobbit! Easy! :P

I don't think Frodo met Gollum until the Two Towers. In fact, I don't even know if Frodo ever even showed up in The Hobbit, I've never reads the books. I think you mean Bilbo, right?

And I first heard this riddle in the movie Mirrormask. The answer is William, a performing dog. He walks on four legs in the morning, 2 legs for the afternoon show, and was limping on 3 legs in the evening because he hurt his paw.
The Sphinx disagreed, and said it was man, but the explanation shut him up for a bit.

Edited by harvey45, 10 August 2008 - 07:51 AM.

#24 Wlado

Wlado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:29 PM

I mean,common people,this is from Sphynx in Greek Mythology,everybody knows that.
And it's not:"when it's young,and old...",it's:"in the morning,the afternoon and the evening".
And about that crap with the tricycle and bicycle and wheelchair...
I hate when people spoil good old stuff... <_<

#25 rene83

rene83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:49 PM

Hey Wlado,
Welcome to BD!! This riddle has been posted a couple of times already.Just want to advise you to do a search with keywords such as 4 legs+ 3 legs+ 2 legs etc before you post a riddle to make sure it has not been posted before. Specific rules are posted in the sticky note titled "IMPORTANT read this before posting". Have fun posting more riddles!!!

#26 austindemon15

austindemon15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:12 AM

THATS EASY HUMAN OF COURSE :D :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users