Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 roller

roller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:07 AM

In the middle of the night a sleeping couple heard a noise. "What was that?" said Jim.
Mary said "I have no idea why dont you go che-" BANG!

"It sounds like someone is dropping pans on the floor! I'm going to go see whats happening. I'll bet its just the cat."

"But you know how much the cat likes to sleep. Whatever it is, just go shut it up!"

"Fine, fine I'm going but I am telling you it is pr-" BANG! Jim hurried downstairs.

Downstairs, there were three pans that looked like they had been carelessly thrown onto the floor. Then Jim saw a small slip of paper on top of one of the pans. He picked it up but it made no sence to him at all. The only thing that kept him from picking up the pans and going upstairs was the note. he kept wondering Why would someone break into our house drop some pans on the floor and then leave us a pointless note? It made absolutly no sence to him. He turned the slip of paper over and on the back it said TREASURE HUNT. He called up to his wife "Mary, I think we have some work to do!" When she was downstairs she looked at a section of the floor that had 9 tiles in it. The floor looked like this (pretend that this is a 9x9 grid with the dots in the squares plz couldnt find a good picture):
Spoiler for floor

There was also some words on the front of the note:

Spoiler for note

Where is the treasure?

Attached Images

• grid3x3.gif

Edited by roller, 18 December 2008 - 12:09 AM.

#2 roller

roller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:10 AM

picture on bottom is better

#3 kammie

kammie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:31 AM

Ok, so here goes...
Spoiler for It can't possibly be

Spoiler for And here's how I got that

#4 hamsterkid95

hamsterkid95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:02 AM

Ok, so here goes...

i think you may have cracked it kammie... i have been trying for the last 10 minutes and couldnt come up with anything better

so well done :)

#5 shandy alexis

shandy alexis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:04 AM

Ok, so here goes...

Oh no! I was just about to post! Too fast for me. :P

#6 roller