Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Slim Lover

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#11 hoopshank

hoopshank

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 01:17 AM

why stop at a kiss?

#12 coffee.lady

coffee.lady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:16 AM

Am I allowed to use this?

#13 joelbernardo03

joelbernardo03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:01 PM

"If you give me your photo, you'll give me a kiss!"

If yes, it's easy.
If no, that means the statement is false and if she gives him a photo, he doesn't get a kiss - but she does so she has to give him a kiss (I know this can be argued against) - this also means: if she doesn't give him a photo, she gives him a kiss.

she could just say that's a lie. no photo. no kiss. i understand where your logic is coming from but it's easy to see that it doesn't work.

here's how i think you came to your conclusion: the girl thinks, "well he's lying, so i don't have to give him my photo. but now that i haven't given him the photo, what he said could be true." yes, it could be true, but isn't necessarily. it could still just be false. since the girl decides whether it's false or not (in the solution you gave, this would be the case) then she decides whether to kiss you or not. no guarantee.

#14 Poppinjay

Poppinjay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:36 AM

I think this one works:

"I will receive a kiss from you or I will not get a photo."

If she gives him a photo then the statement would be a lie and so she can't give him the photo.
If she does not give him the photo then it will be true and she has to give him the photo.

The only way out is to give him the kiss which makes it a true statement and thus he must also get the photo. Since the "or" conditional is true if either part is true then this is consistant.

Sound right?

Pop

#15 Poppinjay

Poppinjay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:42 AM

Slim Lover - Back to the Logic Problems
Something to relax. A slim young man asked a girl on a date:
"I say something. If it is truthful, will you give me your photo?"
"Yes," replied miss.
"And if it is a lie, do not give me your photograph. Would you promise that?"
The girl agreed. Then the chap said such a sentence, that after a little while of thinking she realized, that if she wanted to honor her promise, she wouldn't have to give him a photo but a kiss.
What would you say (if you were him) to be kissed and so on?

Spoiler for Solution

Wait does that one work?

If she gives him a kiss the the statement is a lie, and so she can't give him the photo or the kiss.
If she does'nt give him the kiss or or doesn't give him the photo, or both, then the statement is true,but it wold contradict itself and so she could not give him a photo or a kiss.

What you seem to have here is a statement that makes resolving the issue impossible, but not one which forces her to give a kiss.

Pop

OOOPS, my bad, I see why it works now. I think my solution works too though, and mine is nice becauase it guarantees the photo as well. <!-- s:) --><!-- s:) -->

#16 spoxjox

spoxjox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:15 AM

Slim Lover - Back to the Logic Problems
Something to relax. A slim young man asked a girl on a date:
"I say something. If it is truthful, will you give me your photo?"
"Yes," replied miss.
"And if it is a lie, do not give me your photograph. Would you promise that?"
The girl agreed. Then the chap said such a sentence, that after a little while of thinking she realized, that if she wanted to honor her promise, she wouldn't have to give him a photo but a kiss.
What would you say (if you were him) to be kissed and so on?

Spoiler for Solution

Better yet, to allow her to give you both a kiss AND her photograph (if she wishes to give you the picture):
Spoiler for ...

If you want to force the matter and get both a kiss and her photograph, you could do so:
Spoiler for ...

#17 bigskybuuck

bigskybuuck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:31 PM

this was great i used it to get a # and have been out 3 times now

#18 TwoaDay

TwoaDay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 03:11 AM

its like the gold, silver and bronze coins on a table puzzle

#19 grottylittlewanker

grottylittlewanker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 07:39 PM

its like the gold, silver and bronze coins on a table puzzle

thats what I am saying...

i think I will use this with my gf to get something... something 'special'... hehe

#20 sk8rkat

sk8rkat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 01:00 AM

run away screaming for help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users