Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 dms172

dms172

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 05:12 AM

Oh he did reveal himself to me once in a form of a Merciful Angel... <_<

I'm sure he revealed himself to many other openhearted people in various forms...

WOW you still believe in evolution after that

#82 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3054 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 05:14 AM

WOW you still believe in evolution after that

BECAUSE EVOLUTION STILL EXISTS WHETHER GOD DOES OR NOT. And I *think* she was being sarcastic.

#83 dms172

dms172

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 05:24 AM

I know she was being sarcastic and i also know what she meant by merciful angel.
i'd perfer if you made fun of my beliefs after yo tried them but oh well

oh and this is why i don't really like this kind of discussions. everyone is trying to prove they are right and not look for the best answer meaning we get know where. anyway you guys can go on discussing whatever without me.

#84 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 05:24 AM

Izzy I hate to pick holes in your argument since we are fighting for the same cause, but "Planck time" wasn't some period of time of the universe - it's a unit of time, like a second or minute or year, but a very small unit of time

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Planck_time

#85 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3054 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 05:31 AM

Eh, I blame Victor Stenger for my mistake. I was looking at a diagram of his that looks sort of like this
Posted Image,
but at the origin he wrote "Planck time". What I probably meant was "As time, measured in Planck time, increases, blah blah".

Thanks. ;) Better for you to realize my mistakes and correct them than someone we're arguing against. :P

Edited by Izzy, 20 December 2008 - 05:32 AM.

#86 NickyThump

NickyThump

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:25 AM

how about... god is evolution?

#87 octopuppy

octopuppy

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1303 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:20 AM

I know I'm supposed to be on holiday, but couldn't resist a last glance. Izzy has a good point vis-a-vis the existence of evolution being self-evident regardless of religious belief. DMS: I have given Christianity a very serious try, many years ago, and indeed for a while believed in it whole-heartedly. But never would I compromise my scientific principles of forming opinions based on evidence, rather than a desire to make the truth what you want it to be. You seem compelled to deny the fact of evolution since it threatens your beliefs. But being a self-evident fact supported by all available evidence, this requires a lot of ignorance or denial. The existence of evolution does not imply the non-existence of god, it only brings the accuracy of the bible into question. It appears that you choose to ignore all evidence because questioning the accuracy of a holy book is something you are not prepared to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users