Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#11 woon

woon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2443 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:28 AM

I think that the elimination system is better because if we play, I don't know how many rounds, and we will have to wait every time until everyone PMs, we will play this game till April!
I think it's more dramatic that way ;)

Or maybe we should try couple of rounds where no one gets kicked out to see how it works.

About the trap system... I think we should just see how it goes :) and then decide what to do.

Hmm, maybe we can have 1 primilary round to test first. And maybe the trap system should make it lose 2 points instead of 1. <_<

#12 woon

woon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2443 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:30 AM

I agree. Didn't the last game take over a month or something? :o

Edit: Deleted some quoted stuff.

It took that long because there were the EDC round which take averagly another 1.5 days each round.

As for this game, there is no EDC. I don't think it will be taking that long.

So maybe we will wait for 36 hours before we close each round?

#13 Kay

Kay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:28 PM

It took that long because there were the EDC round which take averagly another 1.5 days each round.

As for this game, there is no EDC. I don't think it will be taking that long.

So maybe we will wait for 36 hours before we close each round?

Sounds fair.

#14 andromeda

andromeda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:39 PM

When do we start this game?? I'm impatient! :D

#15 woon

woon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2443 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:46 PM

When do we start this game?? I'm impatient! :D

When someone shout: OK for sign up. Let's start! :D

Well, we still haven't finalized some of the ruless, such as

1) Method 1 or method 2? By looking at some of the response, it sound like people prefer method 1, which is elimination.

Hence, I propose, we will have 1 round without elimination as the warm up. Then the second round is where the elimination rules start.

2) The Trap system... should I minus 1 points per hit or 2 points per hit?

3) Beside trap, do you prefer to have bonus word? which mean I will pick one word as the bonus, who had answer the bonus word in his/her list of 20, will gain 5 points?

My brain is working actively now....... ;)

#16 Kathleen

Kathleen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2557 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:56 PM

The Bonus thing sounds cool :D
<(^-^)>

#17 andromeda

andromeda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:04 PM

When someone shout: OK for sign up. Let's start! :D

Well, we still haven't finalized some of the ruless, such as

1) Method 1 or method 2? By looking at some of the response, it sound like people prefer method 1, which is elimination.

Hence, I propose, we will have 1 round without elimination as the warm up. Then the second round is where the elimination rules start.

2) The Trap system... should I minus 1 points per hit or 2 points per hit?

3) Beside trap, do you prefer to have bonus word? which mean I will pick one word as the bonus, who had answer the bonus word in his/her list of 20, will gain 5 points?

My brain is working actively now....... ;)

The bonus word is cool too ;) but this is my problem - in the end this game will more be based on luck that knowledge and logic.

In "The Oddest Out" even if we used the dictionary we still had to think in order to choose the most common word... here again we, I assume, can use a dictionary but the outcome will only depend on pure luck, whether we hit the trap or the bonus word!

I still don't know how this game will work so I can't give you any final conclusions, but judging the rules and everything it seams to me like it depends entirely on luck.

I suggest that maybe we should set traps but only at certain positions for example

1. hat
2. hit
3. hot
4. rot
5. rat
etc

And then we only set a TRAP on position 3. to be HOT but if you choose HOT on any other position you don't lose any points!

I think that this is better because if you choose HOT to be the trap word for the entire line most of the people will fall into that one. Or you choose a TRAP only for position 2. 4. 6. etc or you set an entire list of traps 20 words on how you put them in the order since you are not playing the game but hosting! So for example you compare your list of words with ours and on those positions where we have the same word as you do we fall in the trap and lose points. So by choosing clever we might avoid all the traps...

In that case we can't have an option to change two letters. If you get stuck go back and redo it!

I like the bonus idea too. That should be some weird word that works for the entire line regardless on the position where the contestant puts it.

I hope these will help ;)

:)

Edited by andromeda, 10 December 2008 - 05:06 PM.

#18 andromeda

andromeda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:11 PM

One more thing regarding my previous post. We should try both versions in practice to see how they work and then decide what should the exact rules be!

So two rounds of test running this game, I think it's interesting and I can't wait to be a guinea pig! :D

EDIT: Regarding my previous post... maybe your traps on certain position shouldn't be by the rules!

We should write:

hat
hit
hot
how
cow

and you could go with no particular order

hat - of course only the first two words should go by the rules!
hit
rat
cow

I think it would be definitely more difficult for you to set all the traps...

So what do you think... did I think too much about this game?? :)

Now you see how my brain works :lol: I'll probably have more suggestions... B))

Edited by andromeda, 10 December 2008 - 05:19 PM.

#19 woon

woon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2443 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:15 PM

The bonus word is cool too ;) but this is my problem - in the end this game will more be based on luck that knowledge and logic.

In "The Oddest Out" even if we used the dictionary we still had to think in order to choose the most common word... here again we, I assume, can use a dictionary but the outcome will only depend on pure luck, whether we hit the trap or the bonus word!

I still don't know how this game will work so I can't give you any final conclusions, but judging the rules and everything it seams to me like it depends entirely on luck.

I suggest that maybe we should set traps but only at certain positions for example

1. hat
2. hit
3. hot
4. rot
5. rat
etc

And then we only set a TRAP on position 3. to be HOT but if you choose HOT on any other position you don't lose any points!

I think that this is better because if you choose HOT to be the trap word for the entire line most of the people will fall into that one. Or you choose a TRAP only for position 2. 4. 6. etc or you set an entire list of traps 20 words on how you put them in the order since you are not playing the game but hosting! So for example you compare your list of words with ours and on those positions where we have the same word as you do we fall in the trap and lose points. So by choosing clever we might avoid all the traps...

In that case we can't have an option to change two letters. If you get stuck go back and redo it!

I like the bonus idea too. That should be some weird word that works for the entire line regardless on the position where the contestant puts it.

I hope these will help ;)

Well I agree on your opion of it will become luck rather than strategy. Now this is my proposal, slight amend from your idea.

All the player give me the 4 word as the trap, Word 1 effective on list 1 to 5, word 2 effective as trap on lists 6 to 10, word 3 for list 11 to 15 and word 4 for list 16 to 20!

In such manner, you actually plan strategy which word trap put where so other may fall to your trap.

Also, in order to shorten the delay time. (I actually plan this 'small' game just for everyone to play before Christmas, that means we only have about 14~15 days!), I suggest, I will start each round with a word. You plan how you list the 20, and you also PM me what is the trap you set for list 1-5, 6-10, 11-15 and 16-20. So one short I can generate and give you the result!

As for the bonus word, maybe I will put it as a riddle, so you all could guess what is the bonus word?

#20 andromeda

andromeda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:22 PM

Well I agree on your opion of it will become luck rather than strategy. Now this is my proposal, slight amend from your idea.

All the player give me the 4 word as the trap, Word 1 effective on list 1 to 5, word 2 effective as trap on lists 6 to 10, word 3 for list 11 to 15 and word 4 for list 16 to 20!

In such manner, you actually plan strategy which word trap put where so other may fall to your trap.

Also, in order to shorten the delay time. (I actually plan this 'small' game just for everyone to play before Christmas, that means we only have about 14~15 days!), I suggest, I will start each round with a word. You plan how you list the 20, and you also PM me what is the trap you set for list 1-5, 6-10, 11-15 and 16-20. So one short I can generate and give you the result!

As for the bonus word, maybe I will put it as a riddle, so you all could guess what is the bonus word?

U.. I love that idea... for us to set traps! We should go like that 4 traps! That's better than my idea :D

And as for the second one let's just leave it on luck ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users