Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

James Bond Mafia

• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

#41 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:42 PM

Bond has certainly been hasty in his actions. I didn't know Jinx could kill, though. Could you please clarify our honorable hosts? :P

12 players, 5 baddies(counting octopussy, I always read that as octopuppy :P ), 7 heroes.

Felix arresting Impervious was the only good thing as that helps us narrow things down. Unless Felix can arrest himself, which is not possible, I think. If Q did the right thing by saving himself on the first night, that helps us further narrow things down.

If we assume Q saved himself then Impervious' chances of being a hero or a baddie are in the ratio:
Hero:baddie = 4:3, i.e. his chances of being a hero were high, but that doesn't tell us anything. For now we have to assume that he was a hero. For dms it's 6:3, much higher.

Neptune was definitely a hero unless something else happened but that's highly improbable. They could simply have used a different setup for that. ;)
EDIT: Added :P

#42 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:47 PM

A pity Impervious had to be on the receiving end of the 50%.

Hosts: Are the posts in chronological order, is the sequence intact?

#43 star_tiger

star_tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2407 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:51 PM

:o 3 people died tonight??? I hope that Impervious and/or dms are baddies...if they're goodies, we're all doomed.

Kat, is it possible for Bond or another killing character to "pass" for the night? If so, Bond, choose wisely. <_<

#44 Impervious

Impervious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2413 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:52 PM

:o 3 people died tonight??? I hope that Impervious and/or dms are baddies...if they're goodies, we're all doomed.

Kat, is it possible for Bond or another killing character to "pass" for the night? If so, Bond, choose wisely. <_<

You're doomed

#45 SomeGuy

SomeGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:52 PM

That is likely Jinx's Secret Ability. Odd that she would have used it on night 1 though, particularly with the high chance of friendly fire.

Also, I imagine that they're set up like the others, where the timeline is... artistic, so as to avoid giving away too many clues.

Edit: Oh, also, Q can only act on even nights.

Edited by SomeGuy, 11 December 2008 - 05:53 PM.

#46 star_tiger

star_tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2407 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:53 PM

Bond has certainly been hasty in his actions. I didn't know Jinx could kill, though. Could you please clarify our honorable hosts? :P

12 players, 5 baddies(counting octopussy, I always read that as octopuppy :P ), 7 heroes.

Felix arresting Impervious was the only good thing as that helps us narrow things down. Unless Felix can arrest himself, which is not possible, I think. If Q did the right thing by saving himself on the first night, that helps us further narrow things down.

If we assume Q saved himself then Impervious' chances of being a hero or a baddie are in the ratio:
Hero:baddie = 4:3, i.e. his chances of being a hero were high, but that doesn't tell us anything. For now we have to assume that he was a hero. For dms it's 6:3, much higher.

Neptune was definitely a hero unless something else happened but that's highly improbable. They could simply have used a different setup for that. ;)
EDIT: Added :P

It says that Jinx can "distract" and the results may vary...a result could possibly be death?

Q can only save himself once, so he might not have used it on night 1...probably saving it for a day when it looks like people have suspicions against him?

Edit: saw SomeGuy's post about Q only being able to act on even nights. This means that Impervious' baddie rate has gone up? Dunno though <_< The attacks were too random to know whether the killed ones are goodies or not...

Edited by star_tiger, 11 December 2008 - 05:56 PM.

#47 Kathleen

Kathleen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2557 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:55 PM

Notes:
Posts are NOT in order
There are minor clues, see if you can find them ;)
If someone doesn't send Reaymond their actions in time, I will pull out a random target for them, so no passing. Gtg to English...lets have some voting people.
<(^-^)>

#48 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:03 PM

Edit: Oh, also, Q can only act on even nights.

Oh right! Then we have to take Q into consideration as well.

#49 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:04 PM

Edit: saw SomeGuy's post about Q only being able to act on even nights. This means that Impervious' baddie rate has gone up? Dunno though <_< The attacks were too random to know whether the killed ones are goodies or not...

On the contrary it has come down. He could also have been Q. :o

#50 star_tiger

star_tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2407 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:12 PM

On the contrary it has come down. He could also have been Q. :o

*bangs head against desk* this is why I hate ratios... <_< So, Impervious is likely a goodie, and dms a could-be-either, but leaning towards baddie? Or is ratios being stubborn with me again? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users