BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

andromeda

Question

Inspired by Woon but with my own recipe ;)

Sudden death of a famous mathematician has given a lot of headache to the investors that were hoping to benefit from Professor’s brilliant mind. His latest work was nowhere to be found. However his coworkers knew that the Professor spent most of his time in his office so they were convinced that the algorithm that he constructed was there... but where??

The Professor’s office was thoroughly searched but his work was nowhere to be found. They knew that the Professor enjoyed solving and constructing riddles but all off them were a dead end!

Since the Professor was a mathematician the only odd thing in his office was this poster and there was something odd written on it as well!

snailanatomycolor.gif

snailanatomy.gif

ANTIINSTITUTIONAL DISESTABLISHMENT

Where did the Professor hide his priceless work?

Did the Professor have any other secrets?

:)

• Answers 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

But...

Can't make a spiral...the amount of letters don't work...and the second word isn't even a word? o_0 Wow, maybe I'll just let someone else figure it out...

<(^-^)>

Edited by Kathleen

But...

Can't make a spiral...the amount of letters don't work...and the second word isn't even a word? o_0 Wow, maybe I'll just let someone else figure it out...

<(^-^)>

Yeah...

the L is hanging out!

let me guess..
the second not-word is only part of an actual word?

No...

The first one is a word that you can find in a dictionary (in the word antiinstitutional) and the second not-word is already established!

;)
Edited by andromeda

wen spiraling it i got the word 'into'

is that significant?

No that word is not significant!

STIT

NANU

IITT

LANOI

i also found tain, which is a long knife.

and tits... :lol::P

Well in the dictionary that I'm using

it says for TAIN!

This is how you spiral the words to read the hidden ones!

And it only matters that you start from the center (shell's apex), it doesn't matter if you are going left or right, up or down first as long as you are going in spiral!

.STIT

.NANU

.IITT

LANOI

ABLI

TDIS

SESH

TNEM

Pfff... this is a total disaster... :(

I made a nice riddle and in the end it all went to smithereens because not every dictionary has the same definition of that word...

I don't know... it seams to me that this riddle was hard, but what am asking you is did it make sense to you now that you know the answer?! :huh:

Edited by andromeda

No that word is not significant!

I made a nice riddle and in the end it all went to smithereens because not every dictionary has the same definition of that word...

I don't know... it seams to me that this riddle was hard, but what am asking you is did it make sense to you now that you know the answer?! :huh:

So after pressing so many spoilers button. I am confused: Is this puzzle solved already? :huh:

Hey... This puzzle was not a disaster! :) It was great! I still have headaches from trying to get it but still, it was a good puzzle! :lol:

Wait...I'm confused. :mellow: .how could he have possibly stuffed paper back there? :huh:

He made a double mirror, it was big and hanging on the wall.. let's say... and then when you put all that in a frame you can't really tell how many sheets of glass are there... to be honest I didn't go that deep into the whole mirror thing. The solution of the riddle is to find where the papers are not how he jammed them there!!

:lol:

I was just randomly spiraling words to see if I can get anything and I did... so I decided to make it a riddle! :D

Is it possible....
the mirror was U THE BED?
:D

:lol:

It was..:lol:

BTW: I'm a failure at clue...

the mathematician with the mirror under the bed...lol

:)

Let's say it was on the wall!

Edited by andromeda

OK in order to avoid any confusion this is the final solution!

The snail (has a spiral shell) is indicating that you need to take those two long words separately ANTIINSTITUTIONAL and DISESTABLISHMENT and spiral them up (starting from the shell's apex - I underlined it) like this:

.STIT

.NANU

.IITT

LANOI

Here you get the word TAIN!

Tain is as you can see if you click the link - tinfoil used as a backing for mirrors

So... the treasure is hidden behind the mirror inside it's frame and the mirror was hanging on the wall... the last part doesn't matter, but there might be questions, so...

The second spiral that was supposed to reveal a secret goes like this:

ABLI

TDIS

SESH

TNEM

It spells BDEN = BrainDen (I know... not much of a secret, but it's neat) as it turns out the Professor was a member of the BDen! Make-believe member! There might be questions, so...

I don't think it was hard, but then I wasn't sitting on the opposite side!

I hope you liked it ;)

Edited by andromeda

well i really liked this one, though i didnt really come close to solving it.

the link were i found the definition for tain was:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&d...on&ct=title

it was fun, thou at times frustating :P but ready for next one ;)

Yeah... I see.

The best dictionary by a mile is The Free Dictionary!!

I'm glad you enjoyed my riddle :D

I already have the alpha-version of my next treasure hunt ;)