BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Ball in a Hole

rookie1ja

I was thinking of using a stick with a piece of gum/tape stuck to the end of it and stick the ball to it.....That's what I do with stuff I lose down cracks all the time.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems fairly obvious, pour water in the pipe/cylinder and let the ball float to the top and out. If the pipe is slightly larger then water should flow past the ball.

Table Tennis ball huh??? ...... how about just fill the pipe up with water? If that doesn't work, how about using Bernoulli's Principle, or the venturi effect, and create a vacuum by blowing air over the top of the pipe with .... say .... a leaf blower.

CONFUCIUS SAY: Keep ball out of hole where it don't belong and you'll have no trouble.

CXDOGX07 SAY: Learn to play ping-pong or start teaching people the art of simplicity.

lol

The blatent and obvious answer is, either wait til it rains an the pressure from the water down the pipe will push the ball out!!!! Simple.

No, pressure from rain water falling down a 30 cm long pipe ain't gonna push that ball to the top.

lol this is kinda scary. I did this is Science Class about a week ago. 8th grade science class I mind you. But anyway. You blow down into the side of the cylinder. Thus the ari pressure will make the light ping pong ball rise into out of the hole. We had to find out how to get it from one cup to another without touching the ball. And finally everybody got it. Well there yours answer. Thanks for playing come again.