Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ball in a Hole

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
530 replies to this topic

#21 Veracity

Veracity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:31 PM

Good Lord, are you people serious? Vacuum cleaner? Velcro? Magic lamp??? Have you ever heard the phrase "floats like a cork?" Well, table tennis balls float even better than corks!!

I know, I LOVE IT.. People can't just take it at face value. Of coarse there are ways you can Master Mind the ball out, but the puzzle is looking for the most LOGICAL and SIMPLE way. Everyone knows the Pipe-Ball puzzle answer is Water, yet everyone tries and tries and tries to offer the most Extravagant Answer possible..lol
I think I enjoy the answers people come up with MORE than figuring out the answer..LMAO

But then again, 3 out of 4 Doctors agree that I am Coo-Koo, so hey...

I'm gunna go take my meds now.... Remember, Yellow is always within 5... COO-KOO...lol

#22 ggsarah

ggsarah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 02:50 PM

I like tat one.. simply but interesting!

#23 rramakanth

rramakanth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 04:27 PM

Assuming that the pipe is sealed at on end...Pour water into the hole so that the ball will float up.

Assuming the pipe is not sealed in the other end....let me think....

#24 Veracity

Veracity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 04:32 PM

Assuming that the pipe is sealed at on end...Pour water into the hole so that the ball will float up.

Assuming the pipe is not sealed in the other end....let me think....

Simple,,, Hire my ex wife... That Evil Dark Angel of Death Would suck a Bowling Ball through a McDonalds straw for a Food-Stamp...AND give you 50 cents change.. A Ping Pong Ball in a Pipe,, SHEEEEETT No problem..LMAO

Dude, I'm awesome... At Least that's what the Voices tell me...

#25 harvey45

harvey45

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:17 PM

Easy. Turn the pipe upside down, the ball will roll out ... it's called gravity

The pipe is inside the ground. How are you supposed to turn it upside down underground?

#26 bigbrainbrad

bigbrainbrad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 02:09 AM

hopefully the little chinese guy at the bottom of the pipe (a.k.a. cylinder) returns your dynamically aimed serve. then no harm no foul. failure to do so will ultimately lead to his watery death!

#27 sshern007

sshern007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:14 PM

Pour water into the pipe until the ball is expelled

#28 colorclown26

colorclown26

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:42 PM

Pretty Obvious. Ive done like 20 versions of the same puzzle.

#29 mga

mga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:41 AM

A vacuum -neither built up by a vacuum cleaner nor by ex-wives- would not work because it would decrease air pressure as well under as above the pingpong-ball.

Fortunately, ping-pong balls don't need water to float. If there is no water at hand, the goal should be to -at least temporarily- increase air pressure (instead of building up water pressure) under the ping-pong ball.

Assuming that the ball does not wholly seal the pipe: Try blowing against the tube walls! The moving air would follow the tube walls, go down under the ball, building up pressure and lift up the ball. I think it would not need much blower-power, just a little bit more than the amount of air escaping near the ball.

#30 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:01 AM

The trick is that the human body can produce liquid ... just remembered what I drank a few hours ago

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

"To start: Press any key... Where's the 'any' key?" - Homer Simpson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users