Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ball

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
329 replies to this topic

#321 Shane T

Shane T

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:56 PM

Too easy... throw it straight up....

#322 Yellow Fever

Yellow Fever

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:50 AM

Throw it straight up and have it come back down. What's with being so technical you can't see the obvious answer?

#323 marto

marto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:02 PM

this is the easiest thing in the world .. you just throw it up in the air and catch it when it comes back down!

#324 sevenwolves

sevenwolves

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:01 AM

:P throw it up!

Edited by sevenwolves, 07 April 2008 - 09:02 AM.

#325 marcinella

marcinella

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:06 AM

Sounds to me like a lot of these cranky complainers are just jealous and watching us from inside the box. My first instinct before I came to the forum was to say that if it were possible for a human to throw it hard enough, it would come back after orbiting the earth. Granted, it's not physically possible, but it's a fun, outside-the-box answer. I feel sorry for all the creatively challenged people out there. The inside-the-box answers are fine when they don't come with replies that spew acid ;)

Edited by marcinella, 08 April 2008 - 01:09 AM.

#326 deryn

deryn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:04 PM

Jeez.. these are logic puzzles.. "throw it into a hurricane?" gimme a break. Just throw straight up.. it'll come back

#327 thermalguru65

thermalguru65

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:31 PM

throw it straight up.

#328 sunshipballoons

sunshipballoons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:09 PM

Ball - Back to the Logic Puzzles
How can you throw a ball as hard as you can and have it come back to you, even if it doesn't hit anything, there is nothing attached to it, and no one else catches or throws it?

Spoiler for Solution

Everybody's all excited (i.e., angry) about all the "stupid" answers, but the answer given by OP is technically wrong. When you throw the ball up in the air you are never throwing the ball as hard as you can. Due to human body mechanics and gravity, you throw the ball harder throwing it straight or down. Thus, the solution "throw it up in the air and let it fall" fails to satisfy the question because you aren't throwing "as hard as you can." Rather, you are throwing as hard as you can with a limitation, i.e., as hard as you can if you're throwing straight up.

Now, I realize I'm parsing the language of the OP a bit much, and this question could have written the problem out by not including "as hard as you can." But if everybody is going to be so critical of the clever answers (I think throwing the ball from one hand to the other is at least as good as the gravity answer), I think I have license to point out a flaw in the "right" answer.

#329 sdeeeeee

sdeeeeee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:18 PM

ok there paul no 1 cares about another f*** planet this is only about a ball and it going into the air and coming back with nothing touching or atached to it so try to stay on earth next time you f*** nerd

Geez, calm down, the guy was only trying to give his OPINION. That's what these forums are for anyway. If you can't handle that then don't post on here. Way to ruin a fun thing for everyone by being a jerk.

#330 atulchaudhary

atulchaudhary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:24 PM

too easy. throw it in the sky !!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users