Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Jane

Jane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:38 AM

What are your opinions about euthanasia? I have to write a persuasive essay about it, and I haven't completely decided whether I'm for or against it, but I'm leaning towards against. Do you think it should be legalized? Why or why not? I'm not asking this just because I have to write a report; I am genuinely interested in what you have to say. :D

#2 akaslickster

akaslickster

SLICK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4852 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:18 PM

What are your opinions about euthanasia? I have to write a persuasive essay about it, and I haven't completely decided whether I'm for or against it, but I'm leaning towards against. Do you think it should be legalized? Why or why not? I'm not asking this just because I have to write a report; I am genuinely interested in what you have to say. :D

I am only for it to dismiss any harsh suffering, with mutual consent from the sufferer. Something should be on paper to document the clauses and acknowledgements of the process. :unsure: Don't hand this in or you'll flunk.

Edited by akaslickster, 17 November 2008 - 05:20 PM.

Posted ImageThe place where peace begins is within oneself. by Slick

#3 Violent pedestrian

Violent pedestrian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:51 PM

I can see both sides of the arguament, I'm unsure of what to think at the moment. But I also think its really unfair for a person to ask someone to end their life for them, because then that person would have that on their conscience, that they had killed someone. Or I know I would anyway. But then I think that if the person really couldnt bear being alive ...urgh, i dont know. But i think, like you, I am more against it.
Theres also different types of euthanasia isnt there? Voluntary, non-voluntary, unvoluntary..there are others i think.
sorry that wasnt very helpful. :)

Edited by Violent pedestrian, 17 November 2008 - 07:52 PM.

#4 akaslickster

akaslickster

SLICK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4852 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:59 PM

I can see both sides of the arguament, I'm unsure of what to think at the moment. But I also think its really unfair for a person to ask someone to end their life for them, because then that person would have that on their conscience, that they had killed someone. Or I know I would anyway. But then I think that if the person really couldnt bear being alive ...urgh, i dont know. But i think, like you, I am more against it.
Theres also different types of euthanasia isnt there? Voluntary, non-voluntary, unvoluntary..there are others i think.
sorry that wasnt very helpful. :)

I see, that is only human emotion. If I am in a state of incurable pain and will need to live with it, and it's is critical. I want an overdose of morphine, after I sign the waiver. -_-

#5 peace*out

peace*out

Adult Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4891 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:02 PM

Am i the only human who doesn't know what euthanasia is? Wanna tell me??

#6 mnemo7

mnemo7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:07 PM

Maybe the only reason that some want to legalize euthanasia is to justify an "easy" way out for "hopeless" patients that will make the "burden" of "treating" them "legally" disappear. If one wants to "check out" because they can't bear it any longer then there are plenty of ways that are "illegal" but once a subject seizes to live wouldn't it be the moment when he/she seizes to be subject to the "LAW" that makes euthanasia "illegal" ... and why then those who remain alive (i.e. doctors, insurance companies, etc) should be concerned about the "legality" or "illegality" thereof? ... just a thought...

Edited by mnemo7, 17 November 2008 - 09:08 PM.

#7 akaslickster

akaslickster

SLICK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4852 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:09 PM

A putting of life to rest forever, usually animals. They use lethal injection in most cases. My dog had a bunch of tumors and old and in pain so she is better off in doggie heaven I suppose.

#8 Blade

Blade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:41 PM

Well no, i had no idea what it was. B))

And i am for it... To make an animal suffer is cruel. If it's going to die either way, why prolong it?

#9 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:13 PM

They are talking about human euthanasia, not animals. Animal euthanasia is legal... and since humans are animals too, I'm not exactly sure where the line is drawn :P jk. But really. I think, that if someone wants to end suffering, why not. It's their life. I mean c'mon. Who really cares <- not to sound mean at all, but basically I was saying that it's no reason for it to be a big issue. So I'm for OR against it :D lol

#10 SomeGuy

SomeGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:28 PM

My only note on this subject is that when your dog gets old, and is living in pain, and is relying entirely on medication and treatments to survive then it is considered "humane" to put the dog down.

To do the same thing to a human is murder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users