Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Newbies Guide to Mafia

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:30 AM

Newbies' Guide to Mafia
Version 1.6.1

1.3: Note, I've touched this guide up, fixing typos, adding new content, elaborating on previous content, adding new links, revising and updating outdated things, etc, so be sure to check it out ;D
1.4: I've added a bunch of new categories for role types (section IV, part b) as well as a couple links here and there (BB's role list, incog and games on incog, etc)
1.4.2: I touched up a lot of things for formatting, grammar & visual aspects. I also updated and expanded the 'Stuff for Hosts' section (VII) as well as IIIc/e
1.4.3: added a hosting tip and changed some role name examples to prevent confusion; also touched up and expanded the links section
1.4.4: fixed the FAQ section
1.5: fixed typos and smoothened wording in sections I, II, III and VIII; linked to profiles of me, sin and ysan for faq/help; added (to Links section) a list of some experienced players who are available for questions from less experienced players (to add your name to this list, PM me - that's how the people that are there now got on); added to the FAQ with a question addressing inactivity; added to Baddie Strategy and Gaining Strategy; added "why?" to FAQ as per suggestion by Frost
1.6: Added "Random Advice" subsection to part VIII
1.6.1: Upgraded BD to this version from its much earlier version

I. Introduction: What is Mafia?

II. Factions and Win Conditions

III. Basic Rules

( a ) Night and Day
( b ) Voting
( c ) BTSC
( d ) PM repping
( e ) Death

IV. Roles
( a ) What are roles?
( b ) Types of roles
( c ) Independent roles

V. Game Strategy
( a ) Overall Day Strategy
( b ) Innocent Role Strategy
( c ) Baddie Role Strategy
( d ) Independent Role Strategy
( e ) Gaining Strategy

VI. Links [past Mafia games, external links, etc]

VII. Stuff for Hosts

VIII. FAQ and Random Advice

~~~
I made this with spoilers so that anyone with any level of experience can quickly access the things they need. Enjoy! ;D
~~~

I. Introduction: What is Mafia?

Spoiler for I

II. Factions and Win Conditions

Spoiler for II

III. Basic Rules
( a ) Night and Day
( b ) Voting
( c ) BTSC
( d ) PM repping
( e ) Death
Spoiler for III

IV. Roles
( a ) What are roles?
( b ) Types of roles
( c ) Independent roles
Spoiler for IV

V. Game Strategy
( a ) Overall Day Strategy
( b ) Innocent Role Strategy
( c ) Baddie Role Strategy
( d ) Independent Role Strategy
( e ) Gaining Strategy

Spoiler for V

VI. Links
Spoiler for VI

VII. Stuff for Hosts

Spoiler for VII

VIII. FAQ and Random Advice
Spoiler for VIII

Enjoy playing Mafia, it's an awesome game!!! biggrin.gif

#2 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3054 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:02 AM

Woah, that looks like a lot of typing. Thanks btw. ;)

We used to play a lot of Mafia at the Y on rainy days when I was little. I loved it, glad to see it works so well online!

#3 Impervious

Impervious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2413 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:02 AM

absolutely brilliant UR. I think I''m gonna print this out for quick and easy access :)

#4 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1356 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:33 AM

Newbies guide to Mafia
Games section, pinned to top
One of the most essential and comprehensive guides to mafia. A must for every new player.- nearly everyone who's ever read this and went on to become the greatest mafioso/mafiosa in history.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#5 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

Newbies guide to Mafia
Games section, pinned to top
One of the most essential and comprehensive guides to mafia. A must for every new player.- nearly everyone who's ever read this and went on to become the greatest mafioso/mafiosa in history.

It still humbles me to this day that bringing the simple game of mafia to Brainden has spawned such a dynamic, devoted community (and ring of associated websites) of intelligent players. Keep on innovating and having fun :) And don't forget to go outside! haha :P

#6 Kikacat123

Kikacat123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

Hello, I'm a Newbie-or at least I was before this became my 20th post. Mafia sounds really cool. My only question is, exactly how do you actually begin to participate in a game? Is there like a sign-up sheet or something? Thanks for the rules-I bet they will help a lot if I ever figure out how to join a game.

Edited by Kikacat123, 22 March 2013 - 03:31 PM.

"Silflay hraka, u embleer Rah!" - Thlayli, Watership Down

#7 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1356 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:18 AM

Yeah, but right now ( and for a little bit before) there's only one mafia in signups now. you might want to check the Newbie Mafia thread-it's for people brushing up and newbies trying their hand. Good luck!

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#8 marksmanjay

marksmanjay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:26 AM

Actually, there's two. The second one is Coup of Rhotus hosted by Molly Mae. Looks really interesting, but has been in signups for... *checks*... err, 1 and a half years...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users