Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Death Note Mafia: Rematch

• Please log in to reply
402 replies to this topic

#381 Kathleen

Kathleen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2557 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:03 PM

Shinigami King: Y
Roster:
1)Brandonb - DEAD [Light] (turned into an egg of Kishin and Death Scythed down)
2)Itachi-san
3)Sinistral[Misa] - Voting for Mekal
4)dawh - DEAD (written into Death Note by DNH)
5)foolonthehill
6)Cherry Lane - DEAD (written into Death Note by DNH)

7)Joe's Student - DEAD (written into Death Note by DNH)
8)Kat - voting for Mekal
9)SomeGuy - DEAD (written into Death Note by DNH)

10)the second dawh - voting for foolonthehill
11)Mekal - Voting for Kat
12)Sparanda
13)Star_tiger
14)Prof. Templeton - DEAD (written into Death Note by DNH)
15)Prince Marth - voting for foolonthehill
16)Ben Law - GONE [Ryuk] (Shinigami chopped)

Thank you Misa, much appreciated ^_^
<(^-^)>

#382 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:39 PM

Roster:
2)Itachi-san - voting for foolonthehill
5)foolonthehill

8)Kat - voting for Mekal

12)Sparanda
13)Star_tiger- voting for foolonthehill

We will need to change these to Kat if Mekal doesn't show up...

Edit: when exactly does the day end?

Edit 2: Kat/Rem erased star tiger's vote

#383 star_tiger

star_tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2407 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:45 PM

Edit: when exactly does the day end?

Doesn't it end around 8 central time tonight? :huh:

Hopefully Mekal shows up before then...we need to get rid of Mikami before Rem <_<

#384 Sparanda

Sparanda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:35 PM

Not a whole lot of activity left now eh?

Roster:
5)foolonthehill

8)Kat - voting for Mekal

12)Sparanda - voting for foolonthehill

I hope Mekal comes back. His vote will count because the DNH are trying to lynch him meaning he hasn't been controlled...unless they're trying to fool us. Or if they're trying to fool us into thinking they're fooling us. Or if... *brain hurts* Ok, I stop now.

#385 foolonthehill

foolonthehill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:06 AM

Roster:
5)foolonthehill - Voting for Mekal

8)Kat - voting for Mekal

I love it when a plan comes together. Victory for Light beckons.

If only you knew....well, I guess you will soon... B))

#386 Mekal

Mekal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:18 AM

sorry, i was watching Heroes on Netflix.

Roster:
5)foolonthehill - Voting for Mekal

8)Kat - voting for Mekal

11)Mekal - voting for foolonthehill

#387 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3391 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:10 AM

DAY FOUR
From Dusk Til Dawn

The pinnacle room in the Investigations Building was bathed in luxurious golden-orange rays by the sun drowning into the horizon. The remaining 9 people (well, 8 people and 1 Shinigami) sat wordlessly, their eyes oscillating between motions of staring at each other and at glancing down at their watches.

The silence was broken by Mekal finally releasing the yawn he had been trying so to stifle for the last hour. He was desperately battling the urge to give in to the all-too-plush chair for the second time. Taking notice, Marth stood up and offered to bring Mekal some coffee. Mekal nodded at him gratefully and then turned back to address the rest of the group.

“Well,” he said, rubbing his eyes. “It appears that foolonthehill is the one getting it today.” All eyes turned warily to foolonthehill. They were hoping to avoid a replay of yesterday’s events.

Foolonthehill glared at the group over his glasses. Then he began to chuckle. Unable to control himself, he opened his mouth and let out a string of maniacal laughter. “Fools!” He cried, reining in his excitement. “You think you have won, but you forget that we are the ones favored by God!” His eyes glowed, mimicking that of his God.

At that moment, Misa leaped up and went to stand by FOTH’s chair. “Yeah, baka-Task Force,” she taunted, sticking out her pink tongue at those gathered in the room. “Misa knows that there are those of you who must follow our orders. She held out her hand towards Star_tiger. “Right, Naomi-chan?”

Star_tiger reached out one hand to take Misa’s. But then she froze. Her other hand, trembling, was grasping the ring on the chain around her neck. Her eyes were blank, but a tear formed in them, and fell down her pale cheek.

Misa’s painted ruby red lips pouted. “Come on, don’t fight it. Naomi-chan is Misa’s friend now, and must do whatever Misa wishes. And Misa wished for the evil men who killed my Kira to be die.”

“Don’t listen to her, Star,” Sparanda stood up went to her, trying to offer her support. He put a kind hand on her shoulder.

In one quick convulsion, Star_tiger jerked away from Sparanda and yanked the chain off her neck. The precious ring fell onto the mahogany table, where it gyrated and propagated cold metallic ringing through the room. By the time it stilled, Star_tiger was standing besides Misa, holding her hand.

“Well, that’s too bad about Star,” Mekal observed calmly as Marth placed a Styrofoam cup in front of him. Mekal nodded his thanks to Marth and took a greedy sip of the caffeinated elixir. Then he turned his frown back to his adversaries. “That’s still not enough. Sorry, but foolonthehill is going to…”

Before he could finish his sentiment, a violent cough came up his throat. He brought up his hand to cover his mouth, and when he pulled it away and looked down at it, he saw blood. He turned incredulous, bloodshot eyes up to Marth as his chest was consumed by more coughing. His last sight was of Marth staring down at him with a cold, blank gaze.

That night, the remaining Task Force members each received a surprise left outside their doors. It was a box, wrapped in pink paper covered with red hearts, and tied with a big pink bow. Inside box, each Task Force member found a gun along with a note written on very special stationary. What was written on the note was each Task Force members’ name, followed by: “…will upon finding this note, shoot themselves in the head with the provided gun.

On the roof of the Investigations Building, Misa and Mikami sat side-by-side, each clasping their respective Death Note to their chests, gazing out onto the pink, lavender, and gold streaked sky. It was not only the dawn of a new day, but the dawn of a new era, the era of Kira’s Justice.

Mikami sighed regretfully and pushed up his glasses. “If only God were here to enjoy the new world he has created.”

“Yeah…” lamented Misa. “Misa wishes her Light was with Misa.” She cocked her head sadly and stared longingly at Light’s favorite pen, which had been placed ceremoniously halfway between the two Death Note Holders.

Mikami shrugged and muttered, “I guess we’ll just have to rule the new world by ourselves…all by ourselves…” A look of realization and dread crept into his eyes as he continued “Just the two of us…just you and me…for all time…” Mikami’s eyes darted to the pen also.

Then both Misa and Mikami’s eyes rose and their gazes met. For several minutes, they sat there, staring at each cautiously, motionlessly as the rising sun silhouetted their forms. From a distance point, the cry of a rooster could be heard, heralding the new day, the new era, which promised to bring peace and prosperity to all…

Yeah, right. They both lunged for the pen.

Roster:
1)Brandonb - Light
2)Itachi-san - Mogi
3)Sinistral - Misa
4)dawh - Wedy
5)foolonthehill - Mikami
6)Cherry Lane - Aizawa
7)Joe's Student - L
8)Kat - Rem
9)SomeGuy - Chief Yagami
10)the second dawh - Matsuda
11)Mekal - Aiber
12)Sparanda - Mello
13)Star_tiger - Naomi Misora
14)Prof. Templeton - Watari
15)Prince Marth - Near
16)Ben Law - Ryuk

Congratulations DNH and Rem! (Sorry the ending is not as awesome as I would have liked, but the fever is hindering my writing abilities right now...XP)

Great job Task Force! Thanks for never giving up...you're all truly worthy warriors in the war for Justice. You all did splendidly, and helped me a lot demonstrating what I need to tweak for future DNMs, so thank you for that! ;)

Special notices to Prof. Templeton for his great job fooling the DNH into thinking he was L at the beginning...I was rooting for you! :D And to Itachi for figuring out Ben Law was Ryuk B)) . For dawh for his always insightful way of looking at things and trying to figure out the best strategies :ph34r:. For JS for putting so much thought and effort into his albeit brief span as L. Thanks to everyone for their praise about the Posts...it's good to have your art appreciated ;). And of course, thanks to everyone for trying their best! :D

(Do I even need to say anything to the DNH's? ;P You guys know you rocked.)

Changes to future R versions of DNM: only Light's Death Note can manipulate votes. Aiber will be able to not only disguise himself but also to disguise the person he chooses. I like the idea Sinistral brought up about suicide, although I need to figure out a way for the person to figure out that their being manipulated beforehand...hmmm...Also, the "things to remember" section is going to grow to include more clarifications about the Posts and advice...as well as in the amount as asterisks ;P

Anyways, the next DNM will probably be Interlude, since I'm excited about the whole Light/L duality and Light not knowing he's Light. Still working on it though, so it probably won't be for awhile...and right now I'm ready to go for something less intense, and the prologue for M4F14-8 is burning a hole in my hard drive...hehe ;P

Edited by Yoruichi-san, 23 November 2008 - 04:18 AM.

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page! Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#388 Sparanda

Sparanda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:24 AM

:blink:

Wah happened?

#389 Kathleen

Kathleen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2557 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:30 AM

We won that's what! :D It's been a while since I've been on the winning side B)) Great game everyone, it was so much fun playing with you guys :) *Takes advertising momment* And don't forget to sign up for "James Bond Mafia" starting December 10th ;)
<(^-^)>

Edited by Kathleen, 23 November 2008 - 05:30 AM.

#390 dawh

dawh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:42 AM

:blink:

Wah happened?

Unfortunately, the the DNH were able to correctly guess two names for their death notes, which gave them the voting majority and they won. Well played... <_<

One thing that I would add regarding this version is that Rem is not opposed to the DNH at all; he's really little more than a non-BTSC member. I think that it might work better if there were some reason for Rem to not want to follow along with Light. I was thinking that the DNH would need Rem dead in order to win or something. I like that idea because then, Light may need Rem's voting support to win a lynch vote, but Rem would be reluctant to follow along or something like that. Of course, Rem's win condition would need to be altered a little bit as there would be no way for Rem to win if Misa had to be alive. Either the TF would kill all the DNH (and Rem) or Light and the DNH would kill him...I mean, it definitely seems that Misa should be part of his win condition, but I couldn't think of an appropriate extension.

I was really annoyed that the DNH killed me off immediately, I had all sorts of plans for Wedy (and I'm sure that the TF did too. :o ) I guess I was just too much of a threat. B)) It was good to come back as Matsuda, but I felt kind of helpless in the middle, trying to figure out whom to trust. :wacko:

In any case, good game all and great hosting, Y-san! :D B))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users