Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Anime Battle Royale: Akatsuki Resurrection

• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

#31 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:04 AM

Wait...What just happened? :huh:

That was the example of a clue post I was talking about. It's a post I made that will give at least some insight into each team's individual Win Condition. The Win Conditions will never be known (until the game is over) so people can use these posts as clues as to what other teams may be trying to achieve. There will be more to come (probably during the Day posts). They all take place prior to this game. I'll make that clear when they are written by adding (Flashback) to their titles.

Mentioning in these posts will give the teams extra stat points. I wanted to start the game out with 2 teams getting a slightly larger initial stat figure. So now Hidan and Kakuzu will have 450 points to spread around and Shikamaru's Team (3 people) will have 650 points to spread around. Every other team will start out with 200 points per person. This will put a slight damper on any thoughts of instant kills, by using the Secret Attacks.

I'll post all the character info tomorrow. I just felt like writing something basically, so I posted this today instead of tomorrow ;) 13 people is actually pretty sweet now that I think about it, so the final roster is:

Hokage: Tsunade
1) Prince Marth
2) Joe's Student
3) Kat
4) Prof. Templeton
5) FIF
6) Brandonb
7) ST
8) dawh
9) Frost
10) SomeGuy
11) woon
12) LIS
13) Sinistral

Reserve:
1) Sparanda

If anyone missed out, feel free to sign-up as a reserve, but I don't feel like rushing this game, so nobody should feel they don't have time. Please, take your time, I'm in no rush. ;) It's going to play out very much like a war of attrition, so the fewer people the easier on me hosting actually :D I'll PM roles tomorrow too. And the Night can start then, but nothing will be expected until Sunday or Monday or Tuesday even. It will be a good couple of days to work out the best time schedule for your teams to discuss with BTSC.

#32 Lost in space

Lost in space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:25 AM

It will be a good couple of days to work out the best time schedule for your teams to discuss with BTSC.

Am wondering about random roles ???
note i am likely to have read and digest time 'till between 10pm - 12 pm (GMT+1)- need to be off soon after, so final PM will be 12:01 then zzz

#33 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:26 AM

Mekal wants in but I would preferably need someone else to step up too. Right now the Roster is at 13, but it would have to be 15 to fit my scheme. Anyone else want to join? Last chance.

It would be easier to have 15, but maybe I can inject a loner character into the mix for 14 people. I'll think about it. ;)

#34 Sparanda

Sparanda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:44 AM

I'll join I suppose. It might be too much for me to be doing Death Note and this at once, but I'll give it a go. I'll fill the last spot. Like I said, if you need that last person, I'm your guy ;)

#35 Mekal

Mekal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:47 AM

If it is too much troble i can miss it... I don't want the game to be held up for me...

#36 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:09 AM

If it is too much troble i can miss it... I don't want the game to be held up for me...

No worries now! I'll be playing Death Note as well, Sparanda ;) Thanks for joining officially though. :D

Hokage: Tsunade
1) Prince Marth
2) Joe's Student
3) Kat
4) Prof. Templeton
5) FIF
6) Brandonb
7) ST
8) dawh
9) Frost
10) SomeGuy
11) woon
12) LIS
13) Sinistral
14) Mekal
15) Sparanda

This is the final final Roster. I'll post all the remaining info on characters and send the pms out tomorrow. It looks like Itachi and Kisame will be sticking around. :ph34r:

#37 Sparanda

Sparanda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:04 PM

No problem. Glad to be a part of it. Can't wait to start!

#38 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:54 PM

The Characters:

AKATSUKI: Each Pair has individual unknown Win Conditions

Itachi and Kisame - Win Condition = ???

Itachi - Once a valued Konoha shinobi. He became obsessed with power and slaughtered his entire clan leaving only his little brother, Sasuke, alive. He did not do this out of respect though. He did it because he knew Sasuke's potential to awaken the most powerful Sharingan technique, Mangekou. Itachi wanted to face someone of his own caliber in the future, just to test his own. Kisame's Partner

Secret Tactic: Capture - does 200 damage and captures any player that is able to be Captured
Special Ability - Mangekou Sharingan - Damages by its stat amount and allows Itachi to manipulate his victim's entire Night
Attack - at 25-50 stat points, Itachi will simply show off his Taijutsu skills. At 75-100 he will let loose with his Fire Techniques
Counter-Attack - ???

Kisame - Known as the Monster of the Hidden Mist. He has a long-term grudge with Konoha, especially Lee's Master, Gai-sensai. Kisame is very hot-headed and loses his cool easily. He also carries with him a massive sword with mysterious powers. It's reported that he has the most Chakra in all of Akatsuki. Itachi's Partner.

Secret Tactic - Rescue - can be used only on those who have been Captured. They will be freed and brought back to life essentially, with 100 new stat points. the other 100 damage will be done to the one who Captured them. or Protect - Kisame will take half damage from Rescuers to Protect one person his team has Captured.
Special Ability - His Great Sword Samehda - will reduce all damage done to him that Night by it's stat points, in addition to him using his Attack on one person.
Attack - All Water Techniques: from 25-50 he will create an Lake in which to fight, 75 - he will use his water prison, 100 - he will use his Water Shark Technique
Counter-Attack - ???

Deidara and Sasori - Win Condition = ???

Deidara - Known to keep an even temper when fighting. He has only been seen upset when arguing about the true meaning of Art. He takes his ability very seriously as producing works of Art. Partners with Sasori.

Secret Tactic - Capture - does 200 damage and captures any player that is able to be Captured
Special Ability - His Masterpiece. A large clay bomb that will damage proportional to his stat points for it. Does double-damage.
Attack - Will use explosives controlled remotely. The scale of the bombs will be proportional to his Attack stat.
Counter-Attack - ???

Sasori - Once one of the greatest ninja and Puppet-Master from the Sand Village, he too became obsessed with power and murdered his own leader, the 3rd Kazekage. Using his Human Puppet technique, he transformed the 3rd into a puppet that fully utilizes the awesome powers the 3rd once had. Sasori's obsession with puppets has led him to believe that Art is beauty that lasts forever, which has spurred many arguments with his Partner, Deidara, who think Art is beauty that lasts only for an instant.

Secret Tactic - Rescue - can be used only on those who have been Captured. They will be freed and brought back to life essentially, with 100 new stat points. the other 100 damage will be done to the one who Captured them. or Protect - Sasori will take half damage from Rescuers to Protect one person his team has Captured.
Special Ability - Summoning the 3rd Kazekage. His techniques will be proportional to these stat points. Does Double-damage.
Attack - at 25 he will use Fire, at 50 he will use Water, at 75 he will use his own body's hidden weapons, and at 100 he will go all out and summon his entire Puppet Army.
Counter-Attack - ???

Hidan and Kakuzu - Win Condition = ???

Hidan - Hidan is, believe it or not, deeply religious. Only not the Religions you may be familiar with. He practices Jashinism which requires many human sacrifices. He is seemingly immortal and uses that ability to easily kill his foes and live through the experience of dying. He claims it is pure ecstasy.

Secret Tactic - Capture - does 200 damage and captures any player that is able to be Captured
Special Ability - Jashin Sacrifice - will nullify his target's Night Actions and do double damage damage as his stat limit
Attack - He will use his Taijutsu and 3-Pronged whip sword at varying levels proportional to his stat
Counter-Attack - ???

Kakuzu - Kakuzu is Akatsuki's Treasurer. For them to achieve their goals they will need a vast amount of money. One of his objectives since he joined them was to collect as many bounties as possible. His abilities are shrouded in mystery, since it seems he is unbelievably strong and fast and can use all elemental Chakra which is unheard of for a shinobi.

Secret Tactic - Rescue - can be used only on those who have been Captured. They will be freed and brought back to life essentially, with 100 new stat points. the other 100 damage will be done to the one who Captured them. or Protect - Kakuzu will take half damage from Rescuers to Protect one person his team has Captured.
Special Ability - Surgical Sewing - using his body's odd ability to connect and disassemble with strong threads, Kakuzu can sew anyone back together and heal them in the process. Kakuzu may save the same person (including himself) over and over. He only heals his target if they are Attacked and he does so for double his Special Ability stat.
Attack - 25 = Earth, 50 = Wind, 75 = Lightning, 100 = Fire
Counter-Attack - ???

---

OROCHIMARU'S AMBITION: - Win Condition = ???

Orochimaru - Orochimaru was once the most powerful Ninja in Konoha. He was passed over for becoming Hokage though, because the Village Elders saw that despite his skill, he was merciless and not a worthy leader. He became enraged at the embarrassment and went Rogue. Now all he plans on is destroying Konoha.

Secret Tactic - Rescue - can be used only on those who have been Captured. They will be freed and brought back to life essentially, with 100 new stat points. the other 100 damage will be done to the one who Captured them.
Special Ability - Resurrection of Kimimaru. Kimimaru was once Orochimaru's greatest disciple, but he died from an illness, despite how unbelievably strong his body was. Kimimaru will do damage as high as the Stat and Orochimaru will also be able to Attack another player with his basic Attack.
Attack - Orochimaru loves snakes and uses them in a wide variety of techniques. The techniques power will be equivalent to his Attack stat
Counter-Attack - ???

Kabuto - For unknown reasons, Kabuto will do whatever it takes to satisfy Orochimaru's Ambition. He is his loyal servant and right-hand man. Kabuto is also a highly skilled Medical Ninja with powers rivaling even Tsunade.

Secret Tactic - Capture - does 200 damage and captures any player that is able to be Captured.
Special Ability - Kabuto will be able to Heal anyone (including himself), just never the same person twice in a row. He only heals his target if they are Attacked and he does so for double his Special Ability stat.
Attack - Kabuto will use a genjutsu to paralyze his opponent from 25-50, and he will use his CHakra Scalpels to inflict serious damage from 75-100
Counter-Attack - ???

Sasuke - Sasuke is filled with hatred for Itachi who murdered their family and clan and left him alone. He is an avenger and will stop at nothing to gain power. He will even kill his own friends if they stand in his way.

Secret Tactic - Protect - Sasuke will take half damage from Rescuers to Protect one person his team has Captured
Special Ability - Mangekou Sharingan - Damages by its stat amount and allows Sasuke to manipulate his victim's entire Night
Attack - 25-50 = Taijutsu, 75 = Fire Style, 100 = Lightning Attacks
Counter-Attack - ???

---

Konoha's Teams - Each Team has different Win Conditions

Team 10 - Win Condition = ???

Shikamaru - Known as Konoha's Genius. He leads Team 10 comprised of himself, Ino and Chouji. Has become somewhat of an avenger himself after Akatsuki killed his mentor and friend, Asuma. Shikamaru was never very strong, but his mental prowess on the battle field is comparabe to none.

Secret Tactic - Capture - does 200 damage and captures any player that is able to be Captured.
Special Ability - Shadow Bind. Will disable his opponent's Night actions and give Shikamaru a chance to ID his victim. He will do damage according to his stat points.
Attack - Shikamaru can use a wide variety of Shadow Techniques which will be correlated to his Attack stat
Counter-Attack - ???

Ino - Ino's family has been known for their ability to control the minds of others, but Ino recently has discovered a talent for Healing as well. She has Partnered with Shikamaru and Chouji since they were young. They all studied under Asuma.

Secret Tactic - Rescue - can be used only on those who have been Captured. They will be freed and brought back to life essentially, with 100 new stat points. the other 100 damage will be done to the one who Captured them.
Special Ability - Healing. She may Heal anyone (including herself), but never the same person twice in a row. She only heals her target if they are Attacked and she does so for double her Special Ability stat.
Attack - Mind Transfer - Ino can transfer her mind into the mind of her victim and control their actions to hurt themselves. Only at 100 can she use this Technique to make her victim hurt someone else.
Counter-Attack - ???

Chouji - Chouji is known as a gentle giant. He has looked up to Shikamaru since they were little. Chouji gains strength from consumption. He's usually found anywhere food is served.

Secret Tactic - Protect - Chouji will take half damage from Rescuers to Protect one person his team has Captured.
Special Ability - Chouji's Family has passed down Chakra Pills through the generations. 25-50 he will take 1, 75 he will take 2, 100 he will take all 3. 1 = damage +25, 2 = damage +50, 3 = 200 damage.
Attack - Chouji has the Multi-Size Ability. He can grow his hands very large for instance and crush his victims with gigantic fists. The amount of Multi-Sizing will be proportional to his Attack Stat.
Counter-Attack - ???

TEAM 7 - Win Condition = ???

Yamato - Yamato is the only known Ninja living today who can use Wood techniques. It is vital for Konoha since that is the only type of technique that can control the Monster Nine-Tailed Fox inside Naruto. Yamato leads Team 7 comprised of himself, Naruto and Sakura. He is good natured and an ex-leader of ANBU Special Ops under Tsunade's direct command. He is a ninja to be trusted.

Special Ability - Using Wood Techniques on Naruto he can ensure Naruto's safety when Attacking, as well as anyone around him.
Attack - Yamato uses a wide variety of Wood Techniques. They will become greater the more he increases this stat.
Counter -Attack - ???

Naruto - Naruto is the self-proclaimed "World's Greatest Ninja" ...and he might be right. :D He always overcomes what seem to insurmountable odds and has the uncanny ability to make even the most vile ninja rethink their actions. His one and only failure was not being strong enough to save Sasuke from himself and he let him fall into Orochimaru's hands. Naruto will stop at nothing to become strong enough to bring his best friend back to Konoha.

Secret Tactic - Protect - Naruto will take half damage from Rescuers to Protect one person his team has Captured.
Special Ability - Naruto can use the Nine-Tailed Fox and do double damage to his victim. Without Yamato helping him control himself though, there is a 50/50 he will run amok and wind up Attacking someone at random.
Attack - 25-50 = Shadow Clones, 75 = Summoning, 100 = Rasengan
Counter-Attack - ???

Sakura - Sakura was devastated when Sasuke left her and their village in pursuit of power with Orochimaru. Her heart was broken, but she turned her grief into production and became Tsunade's medical protegé. She, like Naruto, will stop at nothing to get Sasuke back from Orochimaru's evil clutches.

Special Ability - Healing. She may Heal anyone (including herself), but never the same person 2 times in a row. She only heals her target if they are Attacked and she does so for double her Special Ability stat.
Attack - 25-50 = Powerful Taijutsu, 75-100 = Genjutsu
Counter-Attack - ???

---

Defenses: may be used infinitely, but cost 100 points per use. They are completely unbreakable. They have no added bonuses or detriments

Akatsuki may use Clones or Smoke Bombs
Orochimaru's Group may use Substitutions or Traps
Team 10 may use Traps or Smoke Bombs
Team 7 may use Clones or Substitutions

---

Counter-Attacks: happen whenever someone is successfully Attacked. Some characters have extra secrets up their sleeves that are also unknown ;) There are no Counter-Attacks when Defended or when Tactics are used. And of course, you do not counter-attack someone healing you. ;)

Special Abilities and Secret Tactics: cannot be used two Nights in a row. And to reiterate: Secret Tactics can only be used if a Character has 100 in both Special Ability and Counter-Attack.

Capture: If a character has the ability to be Captured they are essentially never truly Dead, because they can be possibly Rescued and brought back to life. So, if you are one of those characters, don't count yourself out if you get Captured. A Capture will be noted in the Night Post and marked on the Roster. Also, it is not necessary for a person to have 0 health to be Captured, assuming the 200 Damage does not take them down to zero. They will retain any kept life if Rescued in addition to the 100 new stat points.

---

The Battle Royale begins now! I'll pm roles, win conditions and secrets soon. I'll be around for a while, but then I'll be away until Sunday. I guess we could aim for Monday to get all the pms in to me. I'll need your Team's stat configurations and your Night 1 Actions. Good Luck!

Prologue
Game Rules
Chapter 1 (flashback)

#39 Kathleen

Kathleen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2557 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:07 PM

And it begins...<_< Ok, sounds pretty straight forward, can't wait to begin :D
<(^-^)>

#40 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:49 AM

Clarification on Stat Points:

The order is Special Ability, Attack, Counter-Attack

So an example of someone with 200 health could be: 75, 25, 100 (This person would need 25 more stat points in Special Ability to be able to use their Secret Tactic).

Also, I added a couple lines to the Characters Post about Tactics and Abilities and Captures. They were some FAQs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users