Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Princess Bride Mafia

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#41 Prince_Marth85

Prince_Marth85

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1405 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:46 AM

Great! I'm just waiting on Y-san now. I know she said that this would be a busy week so if anyone sees her on, please tell her to PM me ASAP. Thanks! :D

You know no one ever "sees" her online. She's ALWAYS invisible XD

#42 puzzlegirl

puzzlegirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1450 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:52 AM

Posted Image

The air was crisp and smelled of autumn; the Florin countryside was dressed in all of the colors of the changing leaves. Each gentle breeze sent red, gold, and brilliant orange spinning and sailing through the air as if God himself had made a wish upon a fiery dandelion. Some of the misfit leaves would find their way on to the dark waters of the western sea only to be battered time and time again against the rocky shoreline. Others would follow the winds eastward and come to rest in the courtyard of the castle where the King’s groundskeepers would frazzle themselves by raking each singleton as it lit on their perfectly manicured landscape.

Posted Image

A large crowd was gathering inside the castle gates; statesmen and commoners alike. Countrymen from far and near had abandoned their mill work, their masonry, their bread-making to witness the event of a lifetime. In just a few short minutes the Prince himself would appear on the balcony overlook and address his kingdom. The announcement would be monumental and historic; the Prince had chosen for himself a bride. What made his decision extraordinary was that the future Princess was not just another wealthy foreign noble to add to the collection of the Florin Royalty, but a fellow commoner, a farmer’s daughter. According to the law of the land, Prince Humperdinck had the right to select from any unwed woman under his rule. Without hesitation, he chose Buttercup.

Posted Image

Buttercup was a commoner by birth…but nothing about her was common. She was a woman of surpassing beauty whose smile alone could melt the heart of any man. Yet Buttercup was distraught over her appointment as the Princes’ bride-to-be; she was already in love with another man. Westley was a farm-hand, poor and perfect, with eyes like the sea after a storm. Their love was passionate and powerful – as if straight from the pages of a storybook – it could only be described as fantastical…as True Love.

Posted Image

Little did Westley and Buttercup know that they had more than just the obstacle of Buttercup’s royal engagement to overcome, but they would also have to somehow thwart the plans of her fiancé to have her murdered on their wedding night. Prince Humperdinck, along with his confidants, was conspiring to incite a war with Guilder, the country across the sea, the sworn enemy of Florin. He had already begun to set the stage by enlisting a rogue hitman, Vizzini, to frame Guilder by murdering the Princess Bride and her court…unless, that is, the Florin trio beat him to it.

With forcible corruption assembling against them the only question that remains is: can death stop True Love?

Posted Image

Let the game begin! Each player with night action will have until 8:00pm Central time on Wednesday (approx. 24 hours from the time of this post) to send me a PM.

Rules and Roles

Host: S. Morgenstern
Akaslickster
Itachi-san
Prince_Marth85
Brandonb
Frozen_in_Fire
CrazyPainter
Woon
Mekal
Cherry Lane
Prof. Templeton
Yoruichi-san
Dms172
Star_Tiger

#43 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:19 AM

Nice intro, PG! :)
I have nothing important to say right now...but I can't resist saying: I'm No Princess ;P
Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page! Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#44 puzzlegirl

puzzlegirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1450 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:37 AM

Okay, somehow two of my links on the intro post are goofy. I have PMed Rookie to fix them for me. The second image is supposed to be of the castle and countryside (not a duplicate of Westley & Buttercup!) and the Rules & Roles link at the bottom leads to some old riddle...that's not even mine! :rolleyes: I'm not off to such a great start with this hostessing gig. Please be patient with me...I've been diagnosed with the same affliction as the Clergyman it seems. :D

#45 Mekal

Mekal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:44 AM

Good story :D

Can't wait untill the first night post...

#46 crazypainter

crazypainter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2497 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:02 AM

OOH! Is that everybody? :D :D :D *dying to get this started*

So pumped to see if I will make it past the first night!!! :P

Edit: didn't see your post, CP :P Hopefully Y-san will send her confirmation soon! :)

Not to worry bud, I PM'd PG with mine..
And I made a comment earlier that said....
Yeah my fav character!

#47 star_tiger

star_tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2407 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:58 PM

THAT WAS A GREAT POST, PG! I couldn't help not mentioning that, and it was of the upmost importance I put them in capital letters :P
If you didn't get the message, I luv the post very, very much! It's so dramatic with all the secret murders, twisted relationships, and TRUE LOVE! :D

Hope everyone sent in their night posts ;)

#48 Prof. Templeton

Prof. Templeton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1664 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:45 PM

I can't wait for this to kick off and scale the Cliffs of Insanity. BTW, did you guys know there is a downloadable Princess Bride PC Game out? It looks a little cheesy (like a good quality flash game maybe) and costs 20 bucks. There are a few demos you can play however at princessbridegame.com. Mildly amusing. :mellow:

#49 crazypainter

crazypainter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2497 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:00 PM

I can't wait for this to kick off and scale the Cliffs of Insanity. BTW, did you guys know there is a downloadable Princess Bride PC Game out? It looks a little cheesy (like a good quality flash game maybe) and costs 20 bucks. There are a few demos you can play however at princessbridegame.com. Mildly amusing. :mellow:

Yeah I did see it. Was not impressed. I wish I couldve gotten a better file image from it though...
Ok now for THIS game! Im ready to kick some baddie butt.
And it is Wuv twue wuv.... :wub:
edit: needed to misspell something...

Edited by crazypainter, 12 November 2008 - 11:01 PM.

#50 star_tiger

star_tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2407 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:19 PM

Yeah I did see it. Was not impressed. I wish I couldve gotten a better file image from it though...
Ok now for THIS game! Im ready to kick some baddie butt.
And it is Wuv twue wuv.... :wub:
edit: needed to misspell something...

Wow, for once, I actually got what you were saying! ;)

I can't wait till the night post is up! How many more night posts do you still need, PG?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users