Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Heroes Hybrid

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#241 Mekal

Mekal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 05:06 PM

Great Game :D I think the only thing would be to use the RIE's... but it was a good game :D

#242 SomeGuy

SomeGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 05:17 PM

It was my first game, so I have no idea how it compares to the others, but that game was awesome :)

I agree, it might have been better if we'd used RIE's more, but the only thing I would have seen to make it worth it is identifying the independents, who did a good job of making sure that wasn't worth it (by killing each other :P). It really seemed to come down to "who is going to draft the spy?" and then "Who is going to draft Claire."

On that note, I think another way of killing Claire might be good for next time around.

#243 Brandonb

Brandonb

The Accused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3004 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 06:39 PM

It was my first game, so I have no idea how it compares to the others, but that game was awesome :)

I agree, it might have been better if we'd used RIE's more, but the only thing I would have seen to make it worth it is identifying the independents, who did a good job of making sure that wasn't worth it (by killing each other :P). It really seemed to come down to "who is going to draft the spy?" and then "Who is going to draft Claire."

On that note, I think another way of killing Claire might be good for next time around.

Well, as you could see at the end of the game, it really paid off to know who the roles were on the other team so that you could organize your strategy around them (who is saving who, who was saved last night, etc). Claire is a great draft b/c she is the most likely to be alive at the end of the game. Isaac is a great draft b/c he knew over half of the roles the day before he died, plus he gets to find out who the saving roles choose, which would allow a team a near 100% kill chance. And Matt is the easiest to draft since his target is informed that they were spied. He also provides choice intel that could lead to a variety of good stuff, however, he dies easy. Then it's also a great idea to draft the MIAs so you can coordinate with them. This would have been a very different game if Ysan had been able to coordinate with her team, or if Mekal could have structured his attacks to go with the Heroes.

Personally, I wouldn't be quite as worried about drafting the Spy/Matt as I would be about drafting Isaac. He may not have choice info, but he has the most info. And knowing the dead roles can be just as helpful knowing who is alive.

I know you, and others, are putting alot of emphasis on claire, but she really wouldn't be the end-all choice of this game if people knew who they were killing. Seriously, the idea for the double-source kill to override the Linderman revival was placed there just so HRG would not be able to come back and make claire re-invincible. She's just as important to draft as any-other role, but the key to this game is info. And the Heroes had slightly more than the Company, so they won in the end.

#244 SomeGuy

SomeGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 07:18 PM

True, but as soon as the heroes drafted Claire, we switched to the idea that HRG really wasn't dangerous enough to us. We could let him be knowing that Claire was going to be alive as long as he was, and it was going to cost the Company one of their precious kill actions to take him out. I agree that it would have been better to get information earlier, and would likely use the RIE more in the next game, but having a pair of people that were "invincible" until a member of the other team died was pretty friggen powerful.

#245 Frost

Frost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1820 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:50 PM

Personally, I wouldn't be quite as worried about drafting the Spy/Matt as I would be about drafting Isaac. He may not have choice info, but he has the most info. And knowing the dead roles can be just as helpful knowing who is alive.

Hehe...quite true, even more so in this game then in Heroes 1.1. Yeah, the night I died, I knew all but 6 people, and those 6 were in pairs, so if I knew only three more I would know everyone. I bet if I had survived that night I would have known everyone in that next cycle. Isaac is much more powerful in hybrid, he may start out with only a little, but the amount of info that he obtains increases rapidly. If only you guys had drafted me... :P

#246 Brandonb

Brandonb

The Accused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3004 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:51 PM

Hehe...quite true, even more so in this game then in Heroes 1.1. Yeah, the night I died, I knew all but 6 people, and those 6 were in pairs, so if I knew only three more I would know everyone. I bet if I had survived that night I would have known everyone in that next cycle. Isaac is much more powerful in hybrid, he may start out with only a little, but the amount of info that he obtains increases rapidly. If only you guys had drafted me... :P

Yeah, you knew both Claire and HRG by what... cycle 2?

#247 Frost

Frost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1820 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:49 PM

Yeah, you knew both Claire and HRG by what... cycle 2?

No, I never knew Claire, though I did manage to figure Niki out quickly. Oh, and everyone knew HRG by cycle 2. :P

#248 Brandonb

Brandonb

The Accused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3004 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:31 PM

No, I never knew Claire, though I did manage to figure Niki out quickly. Oh, and everyone knew HRG by cycle 2. :P

Oh, I thought you knew all of the unsided players by cycle 2.

#249 crazypainter

crazypainter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2497 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:37 PM

maybe its just me being an artist but i would have loved to have been isaac

#250 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3302 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:38 AM

Hehe...yeah...that was my fault...I claimed to be you ;P...

Oh, I thought you knew all of the unsided players by cycle 2.

Yeah, I had them pegged after cycle 1...if only my team had drafted me...they wouldn't have gotten Klaire...but then Frost confused me...and got himself killed...XP

Oh well, congratulations Heroes, very well played! Thanks for the great effort trying to draft me on both sides...;P

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page!  Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users