BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Jumper Mafia

unreality

Im still not sure about Taliesin guys... In my opinion I think hes about as harmful as a daisy lol :P Then again im new so I don't have a clue. If anyone can post some convincing evidence about Taliesin that can convince me otherwise, feel free ;)

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and yet there really doesnt seem to be any bad faction. Only different teams.

Just thought I'd flag this up - does anyone else find this a slightly odd thing to say?

The teams are obviously just different sides to play, but the Paladins kill every night, so I think we can be fairly certain they are the baddies. Actually, I'm more worried what it says about CP: in denial of her own destiny, or, more interestingly, perhaps a role which we think an innocent, but is actually a spy for them with an ability that helps them....?

but remember fool, when you try to save you dont say I want to save the rogue..you say I want to save Bb.

Thanks, good point.

Now I find myself suspicious of you in one post and agreeing with you in the next - oh dear, I'm confused! :huh:

Because unreality confirmed in PM what I was thinking about Bb and how it's just how it's told in Night/Day posts, every player is made out not to be a jumper, I'm no longer voting for Bb. For the first time there are quite alot of suspicious character's floating around, plenty to look out for on Night and Day 2 ;).

Damn. That was the best clue I could get from the night post! Bb's still sneaky though... :suspicious:

As for votes, I can't decide between Talesin or woon - both of whom have voted for themselves which I find very odd indeed. I am currently happy to believe woon more, particularly as taliesin has already countered the 'tell us who you are' argument so forcefully - perhaps his indifference is because he knows he can't be lynched?

With indecision reigning, I'm going to stick with Mekal for now, but may change before the end of the day.

edit: sorry for all the posts - just trying to catch up!

Edited by foolonthehill

perhaps his indifference is because he knows he can't be lynched?

If you guys vote for me, I will be out of the game... As I said earlier you guys must decide to trust me or not. Vote one way I play the next round, the other I dont'.. That decision is in the hands of the collective..

Edit: Spelling/Gramma

Edited by taliesin

The teams are obviously just different sides to play, but the Paladins kill every night, so I think we can be fairly certain they are the baddies. Actually, I'm more worried what it says about CP: in denial of her own destiny, or, more interestingly, perhaps a role which we think an innocent, but is actually a spy for them with an ability that helps them....?

Ooops, just remembered the Warrior, so before anyone else points it out: yes, we do get to kill too, but it's all the name of good and saving ourselves! ;) Either way, I still think CP's comment implies something about her role.

Ooops, just remembered the Warrior, so before anyone else points it out: yes, we do get to kill too, but it's all the name of good and saving ourselves! ;) Either way, I still think CP's comment implies something about her role.

Just adding on to this, the warrior is like the ninja, or SWAT in previous games right? Kill for the goodies :P Well it would help if we knew more about the roles <_< Look Woon, please don't take anything in mafia personally. It's not like it's a popularity contest and the least popular goes, or course not! We're going on what little clues we have spotted, and being the paranoid players we are, we jump on it quickly. More later, gtg school.

<(^-^)>

Just adding on to this, the warrior is like the ninja, or SWAT in previous games right? Kill for the goodies :P Well it would help if we knew more about the roles <_< Look Woon, please don't take anything in mafia personally. It's not like it's a popularity contest and the least popular goes, or course not! We're going on what little clues we have spotted, and being the paranoid players we are, we jump on it quickly. More later, gtg school.

<(^-^)>

Just adding on to this, the warrior is like the ninja, or SWAT in previous games right? Kill for the goodies :P Well it would help if we knew more about the roles

It seems that the Warrior is a bit like the nija or SWAT... but I went back to reread the night post and it seems that they require some luck/knowledge in order to kill. The night post said that the Warrior couldn't find their target, so presumably they:

- went to the wrong place (ie the target was somewhere else)

- guessed the wrong name/role combination

- were unlucky.

Either way, I think that discovery roles (can find out where or what somebody is) need to find a way of helping the warrior. If I'm right and their role description includes it, then perhaps 'The Messenger' should be sending telegram messages between them to share information. But I'm not sure how we do this reliably without at least one person outing themselves. :(

Fool, everything we say in here reveals information about us. There is always a reason behind every decision, consciously or subconciuosly. Yeah I know my spelling bad...

Raymond, nothing is as it seems, dont assume itachi is innocent. He is a really good player. So is Dawh! or could you be reavealing more than you want?

edit..didnt know I posted previously, was only trying to change wording...grrr

Edited by crazypainter

Most recent roster

1) Reaymond - voting for woon

2) Kathleen -voting for Woon

3) star_tiger - voting for woon

4) Frost - voting for Mekal

5) Brandonb - voting for taliesin

6) Dawh - voting for woon

7) Joe's Student - voting for woon

8) foolonthehill - voting for Mekal

9) Puzzlegirl - voting for taliesin

10) itachi-san - voting for woon

11) Frozen_in_fire - voting for Frost

12) crazypainter - voting for taliesin

13) Mekal - voting for taliesin

14) dms172 - voting for - voting for taliesin

15) PrinceMarth85 - voting for taliesin

16) woon - voting for taliesin

17) taliesin - voting for taliesin

It is not looking good for me..

Now I am changing my vote to Reaymond to push a draw.. Sorry Reaymond I have nothing against you at all, I picked you because I know you will understand.

17) taliesin - voting for Reaymond

Edit:Spelling

Edited by taliesin

Tal, I changed your vote to a color.... and I dont get why you would vote for

Reaymond when you could lessen your chances for escape by voting for woon...

And what reason would reaymond know? BTSC?? So I am sticking with my vote.

edit..adding info..

votes for Tal ..7

votes for woon ..6

Are you trying to get yourself lynched Tal? And why did you write his name in black

when you know we color code? I cant help but think someone has sent you a message

or you are talking with your other baddies.

Edited by crazypainter

and I dont get why you would vote for Reaymond when you could lessen your chances for escape by voting for woon...

And what reason would reaymond know? BTSC?? So I am sticking with my vote.

edit..adding info..

votes for Tal ..8

votes for woon ..6

Are you trying to get yourself lynched Tal? And why did you write his name in black when you know we color code? I cant help but think someone has sent you a message or you are talking with your other baddies.

Eh... To clarify i do NOT have BTSC with taliesin and I don't "understand". God knows why you are dragging me into this Tal??? So i'm not exactly your favourite person now

1) Reaymond - voting for Taliesin

Yes I could vote for woon, but will not let my vote kill off someone I not sure is guilty of been bad, even to save myself! Incient to proven Guilty!! I voted for Reaymond because I talk to him often in "War Room". I believe he knows me well enough to realize that by voting for him it is just to void my vote.

I do not have contact with any other player in this game, except on this thread!

Updated the roster

16) woon - voting for woon

I believe that is 6 each

Edited by taliesin

Technically, woon voted for himself here and never took back his vote, so I'm not sure how that affects the voting list... :o

Ah, reread through the voting roster, and the very next post (#113) mekal changed Woons vote from himself to Taliesin. Woon never voted for Taliesin so i don't understand where Mekal got that roster from...

Ah, reread through the voting roster, and the very next post (#113) mekal changed Woons vote from himself to Taliesin. Woon never voted for Taliesin so i don't understand where Mekal got that roster from...

I going to have to be really carefuly looking over these rosters..

Changing my vote back until I can be sure of the roster

Updated the roster

16) woon - voting for woon

I believe that is 6 each

Brandonb's change of vote from dms to taliesin:

Eeny, meeny, miney...

Host: unreality

2) Kathleen

7) Joe's Student - voting for Brandonb

13) Mekal - voting for woon

14) dms172 - voting for I-san

16) woon

I hate day 1 <_<

An 'eeny meeny miney mo' from Bb? Strange no? He's been known to be a strong advocate for discussion in Mafia games... seems strange that's all..

Because of this I'm inclined to stick with the belief that woon is bad. A vote from Bb for taliesin, when it's safest for a baddie to try to save a fellow baddie - it's Day 1 - could be to save fellow baddie woon. Also it's easy enough to hide behind the 'Eenie meenie' tactic. At the minute it's important we choose well between both taliesin and woon. These are my thoughts on that choice and we'll see about Bb later...

Btw I'm not saying this is conclusive or anything of the sort but I post what I see so we can and make the best decision...

Jumper Mafia

Other Changes:

* Escape Chance - almost all kills made against Jumpers will be subject to the Escape Chance. Jumpers are very slippery people... after all, they can teleport anywhere on the globe. The Paladin technique of blocking jump-ability with surges of electricity won't always guarantee them a sucessful kill. There is a 25% chance that any kill attempt made against a Jumper will fail and the Jumper will escape unharmed to some faraway location

FOTH: You were speculating about the reason the warrior couldn't find his target Night 1. Could this be the answer? The Warrior's target might have been a Jumper, seems the most plausible answer...

THEN AGAIN without role descriptions we don't know, some roles might have the ability to be hide, not to be killed while another role is still alive (I'm thinking the Yin/Yang partnership here) or something more complex again. The Escape Chance could be the answer though.

Wonder though if we could get any clarity on the Paramedic's role form unreality, in the intro post they just know something's happened to two Skiiers so we don't know if they save by Healing them, or simply jump them to safety. IE if Bb was attacked last night could he have been found? And then the Paramedic would have healed him after the attack. Or is it a case of Bb being automatically safe if the Paramedic chooses him?