Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sheikh's Heritage

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
84 replies to this topic

#71 8dividedby12

8dividedby12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:50 PM

Once again I always get the question wrong because I am thinking outside the box.
If I was one of the brothers I would just kill my camel. It takes along time for something dead to walk home.
When my brother finaly came strolling in parched and weatherd from the long time wandering the desert trying to secure the wealth, I would laugh...Oh how I would laugh.
For the animal friendly people out there I would just let the camel go.( Dry your tears liberal.)

#72 TGN-Rogue

TGN-Rogue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:16 AM

I read this one in a book a few years ago, but it was a race between three brothers not two and thus had a different result as to what the wise man had said. WIll ahve a look around alter on to see what it was and edit this witht hat result :P.

#73 claire

claire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:25 AM

My answer is:

The one who had the slower camel wins because that person slowed down his camel so to give way to his brother. So he travelled slow. He must have a heart. He love his brother than the fortune. So he let his brother reach the city first to win the fortune.

So when he reached home, his father would think that he is not greedy. Am i correct?

#74 Yugi

Yugi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:57 PM

The father may have just been a jerk and said that so he could run off with his money

#75 tink

tink

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:50 AM

to switch camales

#76 mooglegirl3

mooglegirl3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:35 PM

<quote>
Perhaps the wise man told them their father was already dead...
</quote>

:lol:

i luv this riddle!

#77 Idienasty

Idienasty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:05 PM

I thought the wise man told the brothers this:
"There is treasure in the abandon city you are heading to,
far greater than your father's I bet"
Doesn't sound bad eh

#78 Nayana

Nayana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:44 AM

amazing puzzle and an amazing answer too....simply great!!

#79 DebbieKoolBabez

DebbieKoolBabez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:11 PM

Well when I first read it I thought that the wise man had told them to go faster to make the camels tire which would end up making them go slower but when I read the solution it didn't make any sense.

Sheikh’s Heritage - solution
The wise man told them to switch camels.

The aim of the race is for one of the boys and his camel to race to the city and return but the owner of the slowest camel would be declared winner.
By switching camels it meant the new intention was to make the others camel travel fast, therefore making your own camel, which the other rides, the slower of the two. as one would win.

I just don't get it. :unsure: :huh:

#80 maverick1999

maverick1999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:57 AM

Ah

Did the wise man say
"Switch Camels"

This way the brothers would race to prove that their opponant's was the fastest camel, therefore theirs was the slowest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users